The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone think this is funny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 01:32, ted french wrote:
The clips are from a TV show on Cartoon Network called Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job. The Humor is a little odd so I can see why many people will not like it.

It's not that it is odd (Monty Python, Blackadder, and Mr Bean are all odd, but people loved those shows), it's that the humour is just bad.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm over forty. I wasn't disgusted or offended, nor did I fail to get why it was supposed to be funny. It just didn't make me laugh. That's it.

Jeff
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
When you have to push and push and strain and strain to bring forth a turd, someone somewhere could find it funny. Anything or any moment can be funny...BUT most aren't. The turds, that are and have been FILTERED out by the great comedians and comedic writers over the centuries, these days are UNfilltered by anything remotely resembling TALENT. This, loosly reffered to as, crap, it is piped directly to an unfettered, unsophisitcated mind which has the taste of a 2nd year Med student.

Thus we get Adult Swim and the above videos.

Like Josh, I too will watch them soon to see if I'm really correct or not...the key however is Cartoon Network...usually about as 1/2 as funny as CSPAN.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I find nothing funny about hyperlinks.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
OK...I was wrong. It's worse. At about the level of a 12 year old attempting to think like a 2nd year Med student or to be more precice, at the level of those who leave dirty comments on YouTube.

To each his own. Smile

Cartoon Network has become a WARNING logo for Flat, Flavorless, Mundane, Obvious Lack Of Humor Geared To The Lice That Live In Bevis And Buttheads Shorts! (or FFMOLOHGTTLTLIBABS! (Cartoon Network being easier to construe)
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I'm sorry, but the humor isn't a little odd, it's non-existent. I like farce, absurdist humor, dry humor,bawdy humor...there is very little comedy I don't like. Heck, even adolescent bathroom humor gets a chuckle out of me (don't get me started on South Park).
This stuff just doesn't even deserve to be called "adolescent". "Sophomoric" maybe. Even then I would feel compelled to apologize to sophomores everywhere for calling it that.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I thought the John C. Reilly character might be funny in a better skit. The skits themselves looked like they might have been written by failed shock jocks.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
It is a spoof and that's what makes it funny. The real joke is that these guys are trying to do the lamest thing and get it on the air. Some of them got fed up with cartoons that were overly detailed computer models, they felt that the animation was not representative of cartoons. I know this because I know a few of the guys over at CN.
Look at all of the animated features like Toy Story; they take big name actors to do voice work, hit junkets and go on talkshows to pitch mega budget films ad nauseam.
What's the latest one (?) ... oh yeah ... Bee Movie (yawn).
Whereas these guys are putting live action with (mostly) no name actors, lame plot lines on a Cartoon Network, and they get paid to do it.
POOF!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This looks like something that would be on a local public access channel...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Why spoof what's not worth seeing or spoofing especially utilizing even less quality and talent? The spoofs have already ben done to this kind of crap.

Andy Wharhol turned his camera on the Empire State Building and just left it there for many hours and showed it as a 5 or 6 hour feature to spoof all the boring avante guard trash that was being put out by those with talent enough to ONLY do lame boring crap that fell flat.

There was a group in New York who would wander around a stage in large paper bags and sing off key notes. That was entertaining.

CN is an embarassment to all the talent that while may be wasted on some of the current projects, none the less is highly skilled and creative as hell in all the right ways.

There is a segment of the population that would find wandering around singing off key in a large vrown paper bag highly artistic and entertaining. Please allow me and others a large middle didget and say Bull Sh**.

"This IS Lame and not funny so lets do something that's even more Not Funny and spoof it! Yeah! That's funny!"
"Yeah and easy too!"

Meh.

Cartoon Network should be ashamed of the dregs they put out as the current state of Animation like some 19th rate local Cable Access unit.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 08:23, kregg wrote:
It is a spoof and that's what makes it funny. The real joke is that these guys are trying to do the lamest thing and get it on the air. Some of them got fed up with cartoons that were overly detailed computer models, they felt that the animation was not representative of cartoons. I know this because I know a few of the guys over at CN.
Look at all of the animated features like Toy Story; they take big name actors to do voice work, hit junkets and go on talkshows to pitch mega budget films ad nauseam.
What's the latest one (?) ... oh yeah ... Bee Movie (yawn).
Whereas these guys are putting live action with (mostly) no name actors, lame plot lines on a Cartoon Network, and they get paid to do it.

Hmmm, then if the humor comes from the context of the skit, isn't it lost when the skit is presented out of context? In other words, it isn't that those of us who don't find these sketches funny don't "get" the sketch, what we don't "get" is the CONTEXT.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
People who can't sing get laughed off American Idol. People who lack Comedy get shows on Cartoon Network.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Ha,ha,ha,ha, Doug did a big poo on the other page.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
During an interview a comedian once said (paraphrasing), a comedian's job is not only to make you laugh, but, to make you cringe. It might have been Sam Kinison.
POOF!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2007-11-03 19:57, magicgeorge wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-03 16:11, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
No but I've got a jar of dirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcj6CAhe7s

That's all well and good but why has the rum gone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GYcOJevcG0
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I knew I could count on Magic George! Pokemahon! Smile

Hey Kregg...good call. Sam started probably it all...I used to carry a 2x4 around in case I ever met him and he screamed in my face. What's funny for one...
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ted, do you like bread?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
I Love It.
P3
practice practice perform.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha...now that's funny.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ted, do you like Kras?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone think this is funny (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL