The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Malone's Routine On "Here I Go Again" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I'm wondering if anyone else enjoyed Bill Malone's C & B routine on his new DVDs using the basic plastic cups. I thought it was terrific.

I can't see why you would be limited to the plastic cups, as there doesn't seem to be any thing specific to them.

I generally find poetic patter intolerable, but it seems to work here. At least for me.

Thoughts?
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
That is the rub-a-dub-dub routine right?

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
That it is.

Which reminds me - is the patter in print anywhere?

sam
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Yes.

Mike Skinner used the patter, and likely developed the routine Bill Malone used (I don't know, I haven't seen the Malone discs yet). The more recent Skinner issue of Genii had the whole routine written up, with the rhyming patter, of course.

But the original script was from someone else, and it appeared in print. If you're interested in finding it, these secrets are revealed elsewhere on the Café, possibly in this very section.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The original Rub-A-Dub-Dub script belongs to Phil Willmarth. It was written by Jack Bateman, who sold it to Gene Gordon. Gene sold it to Phil. It has been published several times.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 01:05, Bill Palmer wrote:
The original Rub-A-Dub-Dub script belongs to Phil Willmarth. It was written by Jack Bateman, who sold it to Gene Gordon. Gene sold it to Phil. It has been published several times.

This is as Bill cited on the DVD. He said he was using it with Phil's permission.

The second part of the routine Bill performed was to a "continuation" of the poem by Lance Pierce. As he says, Lance captured the tone of the original and it would be very difficult to know where the original stopped and the addendum begins.

I'm told the original Bateman poem is in Gene Gordon's book, but I'll be darned if I can find it. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something right in front of me though. I guess getting the Skinner Genii issue is probably the easiest.

sam
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I'm hoping to see this soon.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I recently bought the Bill Malone DVDs & learned the "rub-a-dub-dub" c & B's for a performance at the "Quad Cities Magic Club" with a really rousing reception afterwords. I didn't have any plastic cups so I just used my brass cups, some pom-pom's, the Bill M. patter, and real golf balls as the final loads. However,since then, for close-up work, I've aquirred 3 red plastic cups and some great, white, foam golf balls from a trick called "Matthew Reesman's Appearing Golf Balls."(hope I spelled that name right.) They look like the real thing even close-up! SR.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Its a very nice routine, not the best that I ever see but works in real situations and the final loads are great!!!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
85 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
Its great routine I use all the time
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Malone's Routine On "Here I Go Again" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL