We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » John Bull Houdini Challenge Jacket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spaceman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of spaceman
Does anyone has more information about this particular escape? It was a challenge thrown at Houdini but heard it was rather controversial how Houdini escape?! Does anyone has more information of what happen? Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Walker
spaceman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of spaceman
Arr... sorry kind of like "double posting"... apparently someone has else asked a similar topic recently... Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4717722
Russell_LA
View Profile
Regular user
Van Nuys, CA
101 Posts

Profile of Russell_LA
One of Jim Stewart's pages actually has photos of Val Walker, but I do not know the accuracy of the story concerning the challenge itself. Here is a link to the page with the photos.

http://houdini-connections.co.uk/4-info/......Bull.htm

A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to try on the "prototype jacket" at the Cannon's Escape Artist Convention. It is pretty obvious the design would provide anyone with quite a challenge!

Russell
"You cannot kill the boogeyman."
- Halloween
spaceman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of spaceman
Hi Russell!

Thanks for the link! Seems like it is really unescapable when you cannot pull your arms over your head!

So did you try to escape from it? Smile
spaceman
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of spaceman
Yah. What was dat?!?! an AI attempting to post on forum?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
This Bull Jacket someone had a Replica of it Made and from my understanding People were invited to try it on to see if they could get out of it. and this was Done Friendly not a way to say Ha Ha you didn't get out but something to try.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I miss Steve Baker`s imput here but understand why he has shunned us,,,,our loss.
To talk about anyone in any way when they are not around to defend themselves is wrong.

It`s the idiots that are around,,,,cause me agro haha

I know nothing of the Cannons thing but I am sure there are at least two sides to every story.

Ken
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Okay, although this all could have been stated simply, without the 'rave' aspect.
Oh...and there are no such thing as 'common guys'; everyone is unique.
Food for thought.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Evreyone is Unique or Evreyone is Different and has his/her own Tastses.
Blackchains
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blackchains
I can custom make any type of straight jacket if anyone is interested.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Blackchains I'll be interested in a SJ. it might have to wait though but what kinds have you done so far.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
There is a nice article on Valentine (Val) Walker in the 2007 Handcuff Annual and also a small section on a version, similar to the John Bull, pattented by Berlinger, if I recall correctly, in the 2006 version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » John Bull Houdini Challenge Jacket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL