The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind DVD help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
I am hearing a lot of good reviews for Richard Osterlind's DVD's, can anybody tell me which one of them are the best?
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
The first 4 volumes of Mind Mysteries are his best... One of the best purchases you can do in mentalism. This is awesome stuff and you will most likely use a lot of his stuff if you do mentalism.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I concur with that.
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'd go with Vol.1 first .
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
His Easy to Master series, ranks with the best.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I love the Watch routine.
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Thx, whats the watch routine?

spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

I got Mind Mysteries vol.1 and it is aewsome, the watch routine is SO STRONG!!!!!

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I really like the ETMMMM series.
Highland
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Highland
I liked his Mind Mystery series the most. I felt Osterlind's DVDs were much better than Banachek's series. Richard has high standards and his material usually always dependable. Do a search and you'll see a lot of praise for what he has released.
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
The Watch Routine has generated my single most outrageous group reaction of all time. Absolutely fantastic effect.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
MIND MYSTERIES 1-4 is the series agaisnt which all other mentalism instructional DVDs are measured.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could have only one set of mentalism DVDs, this would be the one to have!
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Mind Guerilla...I Totally Agree.

George
jaded
View Profile
New user
colorado springs
73 Posts

Profile of jaded
The first series of MIND MYSTERIES is definitely Richard's best work. I have been doing magic for several years and when I first saw this set it fooled me badly! There are several notable pieces from this series that you will do on a regular basis. His watch routine from the first DVD is amazing. Along with the watch routine he explains how to do Acidus Novis. Acidus Novis is probably the best billet work you can possibly do. In this DVD he also teaches his amazing Bank Night routine. This is something that plays very well and you get to see all of Richard's subtleties. On a separate note, you can see Jasper Blakeley doing Richard's Bank Night routine exactly as it appears in this DVD when he was performing as Kochov on the DIAL-ABOLICAL DVD. Richard also explains his Perfected Center tear. I think the best part about this is seeing how he delivers information. The second DVD goes over his Breakthrough Card System in amazing detail. This, as many will atest to, is worth the price of the whole set. You can do so much with his system. The third DVD has some interesting routines and ideas. I liked seeing his ideas and handlings with the swami gimmick and metal bending. He also teaches you how to build your own impression pad. Again, something that is very valuable and will save you a lot of money in the long run. The 4th DVD has some workings of his on a few different magic tricks, but also an excellent magazine test. The magazine test he describes is excellent and once again goes over all of his subtleties and patter, which has been specifically scripted out to add suspense, humour, and amazing entertainment value. So if you can only get one DVD set of his, make this the one.

If you can afford another set, definitely go with EASY TO MASTER MENTAL MIRACLES. Here Richard has gone through all of the great classics of mentalism and presents them in a very easy to understand and very practical way! On the first DVD you learn a couple of book tests, a Q & A routine... The only routine I think I will be using from this DVD is El Numero. El Numero actually really fooled me! The only problem is that it isn't really repeatable for the same crowd. But it is really neat how you predict the number someone will choose. The second DVD is amazing! It starts off with Koran's Medallion. Koran's Medallion is an absolute classic of mentalism, and Richard does an amazing job performing and explaining the routine! His subtleties again will make the routine much more effective. He also teaches Clip Line (although his version of clip line is better, which he teaches on MIND MYSTERIES TOO). Clip Line is an amazing prediction that can be done with very little preparation. He also teaches the Hoy Book test, which is a really great impromtu book test, and a blindfold routine. On the third DVD you will learn more classics including Fourth Dimensional Telepathy, some pseudo-hypnosis effects, and a living and dead test. The 4th DVD goes over Pseudo Psychometry, the Phantom Artist and a really great Magazine Test. Also, the Predict-Tac-Toe can be very powerful. Now it is true that some of these routines have been improved on throughout the years and that better versions are out there for some of these effects. But I honestly have never seen such a great compilation of so much mentalism in DVD form. Everything here is tried and tested. You will definitely find stuff of value and you will learn a lot. I think EASY TO MASTER MENTAL MIRACLES is an excellent addition to anyone's library!!!

As for NO CAMERA TRICKS and MIND MYSTERIES TOO... I personally liked NO CAMERA TRICKS more. I really liked seeing more of his amazing thinking and thought that the Q & A routine from this DVD was amazing! Also, he has A LOT of new ideas for metal bending, many of which I have never seen before. There are also some new ideas for his Breakthrough Card System, but you need to already know how the system works (which is yet another reason why you should go for MIND MYSTERIES first). If you order this set directly from L&L, you get a bonus disc that teaches a really great drawing duplication, as well as a performance only hypnosis show. MIND MYSTERIES TOO has some good effects like Osterlinds Design Duplication System and Clip Line Deluxe, but for some reason I just wasn't as impressed with this DVD set. It does feel like it has more of a paranormal feel to it than his other DVDs, but maybe that's just me.

Either way, all of Richard's stuff is excellent. He is amazing to watch because he is very energetic, believes in his performances and spectators, and he finds a way to make everything he does new and fresh.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind DVD help (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL