The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Digital Projector (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Can someone recommend a digital projector and portable screen (Rear Projection?) for a lit-room gameshow format? I believe what I need is a 2500 Lumen, XGA (1024x768), 16:9 Aspect, DVI/HDMI compatible system with (preferably) RF remote and digital keystone correction. I'm willing to go up to $2000 for a reliable, hard-working model. What are youse guys using?

Thanks!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Skip, coincidentally, I'm researching a digital projector purchase for our local public library.

Although we haven't bought anything yet, we are also in the market for a 2000+ lumen projector. From what I can see, the price really starts to go up at 2,000 lumens and over, so $2000 doesn't sound out of the question. The more expensive projectors also seem to use an LCD projection system instead of the older color wheel technology. Some say it is better and may also be more reliable, I don't know enough yet to have an opinion. And some newer projectors apparently have sealed bulb units that don't require air filters (and periodic filter cleanings), that sounds like a good feature to have.

I don't know what size screen you are looking at, but there are some nice portable tripod models and the rise-from-the-floor ones as well. For rear projection, a tripod model might be out of the question. I would guess that an 8-foot wide screen should be more than enough unless you are playing Radio City Music Hall or the Atlanta Fox <grin>.

Two sites that I have found helpful, with lots of good info are HERE (products) and HERE (info). Good Luck! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thanks, Seth. Great Links!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
The only portable screens I have seen for rear projection is from Da-Lite.com
I have usen many times, but just ordered one for myself!!

I got the http://da-lite.com/products/product.php?cID=11&pID=302
and got the largest for HD
*83" x 144" 211 x 366 79" x 140" 201 x 356
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Digital Projector (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL