The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Motorized Rising Card Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gnl0527
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of gnl0527
I have never been happy with the mechanism in the Rising Card decks that you can obtain from dealers, and have been thinking about the possibility of embedding a small motor in a hollowed out portion of a deck. Does anybody know if such a deck exists or have any ideas on how this may be accomplished?
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
It has been done before - I repaired a friends radio controlled model a few years ago - however, it WAS a jumbo deck and most of that deck was used to contain the mechanism and remote control receiver. It would certainly be a challenge to build all that is required into a poker size deck! - Don't forger that the motor has to be geared to run slowly, and you also need space for the battery!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The battery or power source can be separate as long as there are contacts on the bottom or back of the deck. Set the contacts on top of other contacts that lead to the separate power source and you are in business.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
As far as that goes, almost the entire mechanism could be contained outside the deck (table, houlette, etc.).

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Good idea. Almost like putting a cordless phone in its charging dock.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
The standard method for both the standard and jumbo sized decks are based on w****t and gr****y. I think some sort of motor would be a much better solution. Is there a commercial source for such a deck that anyone knows of?
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Quick search reveals

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=3362

.. there are cheaper versions about though!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Hey guys,

To put things in perspective, many of the "original" rising card mechanisms were made from music box motor. You may want to experiment with that.

Thanks,
Richard
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You could go the easy route, use shim cards and a T.T. with a certain something contained within.

A substitute for a shim could also be attached with wax - allows for easy removal.

I use a Devano gimmick with my own attachment setup. I had the gimmick made by Gary Oisten - virtually undetectable when I spread the cards.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I built a R\C card fountain using micro servos , receiver, electronic speed controller, mounted on a board with a motor, the motor has a sewing bobbin attracted to it to reel in the thread, is located back stage ( I use a backdrop ) and controlled by confederate. The speed can easily be controlled and it works great. Could be converted to rising card without any trouble at all. Could mount under table and control by yourself, I like to be a good ways away from it when the magic happens. Owln_1
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Radio shack had a remote control car on top of an ink pen, if it is strong enough to push a card it might work for you. I think they were about $6.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Old topic but this one is rather sneaky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu34Xd89EAY

J-M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Motorized Rising Card Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL