The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Catch-by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Here`s a review for Alan Rorrison`s new bullet catch called ''Catch''.

Effect: You perform a bullet catch using a paint ball gun and a signed paint ball. A spectator shoots the paint ball at your face and you catch it between your teeth.

Important points: -everything is examinable at the end
-easy to do
-not very expensive
-signed paint ball
-100% safe

I have received a preview copy of Catch by Alan so it`s not being sold yet, but it should be available at http://www.alanrorrison.com by the end of the week.

This effect is taught in the form of a PDF and goes through everything you need to know. He tells you what paint ball gun to buy and where you can get it.

I said the effect is 100% safe, and it is 100% safe. Probably the only bullet catch that is actually 100% safe. That`s a HUGE plus right there.

I love the fact that it uses a paint ball gun. It gives the bullet catch a new feel. Suddenly the bullet catch becomes more realistic and it is taken more seriously. Who would try and catch a bullet between their teeth? If you say you`ll catch a paint ball in your mouth, it`s a little bit more beliveable, granted still hard to believe. Using a paint ball gun helps them realise the seriousness of the feat, because when you say you`ll use a paint ball gun, they`ll immediately think ''so what, it`s just a paint ball'', but then they`ll realise that a paint ball still hurts, especially if caught in the mouth.

Alan even adds a humourous way to pull off a crucial part of this effect. It`s a great idea and sure to get laughs.

He even added a bonus variation, where you stop the speeding paintball in mid-air in front of yourself like in The Matrix, then make it fall to the floor, where it can be examined.

There are pictures to help explain what he says in words and everything is clear.

There isn`t much else to say, I honestly just really like this method and I think you should check it out.

I give it a 5 out of 5. It`s affordable to perform, it`s safe, and it gives the same effect as the classic bullet catch.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I too received an advance copy and I gotta tell you, this is definitely very practical and very good. If I can get my hands on the right gun, this is something I will be using in my next stand up show. As with all of Alan's stuff, the routine is easy to do yet very well constructed.

The stopping the ball in mid air idea is killer! I've never seen that before.

I believe Scott Alexander has a paint ball bullet catch but this one is faaaar less expensive. While I'm sure Scott's is great (I do not own it), Alan's is extremely convincing and would play huge in the real world.

I should also point out that the PDF is very well written and nicely illustrated with color photos. I have never read anything Alan's written before but I can tell you this, his writing style is a lot easier to understand than his accent...

Joke... Sort of... It is very clearly written. Smile

I also want to say, don't let the simplicity of the effect fool you. This will work! All of the actions and props are extremely well motivated.

Two thumbs way up... You want this! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Sounds very clever, especially the bit about stopping the ball in mid-air. Alan always comes out with practical audience-tested effects. I'm sure this is no different.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Alan also sent me this some time ago and I told him then how clever I thought it was, and I still stand by how clever I think it is. For people in the UK, you can get this incredibly cheap, without having the manuscript on me at the moment, and it being so long ago since Alan sent it to me, I believe it can be made for about £10-20 ($20-40).

Compared to the other Bullet Catches out there, which are around £350ish ($700ish), there is a big difference, especially as overall it will look exactly the same, just the gun isn't as big as the usual Paint ball bullet catches, which makes it easier to carry around.

If you are looking for an affordable and workable routine, this will be for you!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
How does this compare to ***********s one from his Delusions notes?
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I saw the bullet catch performed with a paint ball gun 2 years ago in a magic show at a theme park in Des Moines, Iowa. (signed and all)

I wonder how this is 'new'?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Hey guys. Scott alexander has one out and has had for a while which is fantastic. its jsut hard to maintain the gun and is very expensive. In my opinion the method behind this is cleaner and more direct. but I urge you all to look over Scotts also

Alan
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
When is it available?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
This Thursday

Cheers

Alan
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Guys, this is a steal for the asking price. It will play HUGE. Go for it! The method for stopping it in mid air is worth the asking pice. I love that.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Purchased. Smile
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
And its in your mail box koby enjoy
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Cool, may have to get this, bt before I'd really like to know how this compares to the pellet one from Delusions...

I really like the sound of stopping it in mid air
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Alan any idea if the specific paintball gun can be found in Canada?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It can be found online easy and I link you in the pdf...cheers for the kind words everyone

Alan
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
One small note. Now 200 happy buyers.........
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Just a quick note to let you know. I don't review very much, I don't like very much. Although slightly biased as Alan is a good friend and we toss ideas round frequently, and I'm proud to say that even if its only a small idea I have, Alan will take it and work on it and make it 10x what I suggested. The paintball catch is fantastic. I love it. The premise of bullet catching is one of the greatest feats a show man can perform. This is practical solution for everyone. Miles of scope for the comedy performer. A great method and well...Alan is one of the most creative guys on the scene at the moment. I bought my gun of Ebay, I've performed it twice at my residency and went down a storm, I'm sure it will evolve into a full feature of my act...

Hat's off to you mate!

Best,

M:C
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
Buy CATCH - it's a really clever mini-illusion!
You can perform CATCH everywhere - in your living room, on the street or on stage.

I like Alan's magic tricks because they are all very effective but easy in their handling/performance.
WALTHER
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
That is always what I aim for lol Happy you guys are likeing this !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Catch-by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL