The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trespassing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
This is Tresspassing created by Domenic Carbone, and taught by Jason Greenmyer

First of all the quality is excellent. The graphics and artwork is phonomenal. Keep it simple! The main idea of the DVD is, of course, teaching you how to magically penetrate a coin into a Ziploc bag.

Performances:
The performances are up first. There is about 5 or so great performances in the real world, and Jason gets great reactions. He performs it nicely, and it couldn't be better.

Basic Method:
Jason gets right to the point, and describes the method and the gimmick. He teaches you how to make the gimmick. It is very easy to make, and you are sure to have it. It is completely invisible. It does take a little time of getting used to, though.

Hiding the Gimmick:
Here, Jason goes over ways to make the gimmick look even more invisible, which are great ways of doing this. He also goes over an ingenious way to ditch the gimmick, which makes this trick completely practical. Before I recieved this DVD, I kept thinking how the gimmick would be ditched to make it practical, and I found a great answer!

Things to Avoid:
Jason actually goes over avoiding hecklers, and things that may go wrong. This is a very helpful section.

Performance Notes:
This section teaches you how to get into the effect, without people asking you "why do you carry Ziploc bags with you?". Jason goes over a logical way to get into the great effect.

Variations
----------

Shake Method:
This section actually goes over 2 methods. The first one is where the signed coin (that's right, no dupes) is tossed right into the bag, and can be clearly seen that it's really inside there. Before you do the penetration, you can even blow into the bag to prove there is no slits in the bag. This is just a great looking this, it is so clean looking, as there is no cover at all. The next method is where you place the bag on your hand, place the signed coin on top, and just shake until the coin melts into the bag by itself. The spectator may feel the bag to make sure there is no extra openeing. You can also make the coin penetrate out the bottom of the bag onto your hand. The great thing about this is, that there is no cover on the bag or coin whatsoever.

Water Version:
Now, this is one of the most visual penetrations of all time. You take a borrowed signed coin, and place it up against a Ziploc bag with water in it. The coin visually penetrates without cover at all. If you want, you can reach back inside the bag, and take the coin right bag out. If you want, you can make water come out of the bag during the penetrations, leaving the coin and your fingers wet, but no holes. It is the most bizarre looking penetration I have seen. People just love watching this!

Impromptu Version 1:
This is a great version to do with a borrowed bag when you don't have the gimmick on you. The coin can't be signed, be Jason teaches another way to prove the coin is the same one. This is basically an impromptu version of the one where you throw the coin, and it immediatly penetrates into the bag, but here, cou pop the coin inside. After you do the penetration, the spectator could immediatley take the bag right from you hands, and you end clean.

Impromptu Version 2:
This one is the impromptu version where you place the coin on the bag, shake, and it's inside. This one is extremely visual, as well. You have the coin on the bag, with the spectator holding the corner of the bag. Whenever you want, the spectator may pull the bag off your hands, and the coin is inside the bag, ready for somplete examination. One easy sleight is used for this, but a lot of you would probably know it already.

Well, that's Trespassing from Precision Magic filmed by Paper Crane Productions. this costs about $25, and is available at Precisionmagic.com
The DVD is short, and to the point, but well worth the money. You will have tons of ideas popping into your head. You can perform this with various objects., like playing cards an such. If I didin't answer a question of yours, just ask here or in PM form please.

Buy Trespassing now!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Sorry, I made a typo in the title and at the beginning. It is "Trespassing", not "Tresspassing".
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thanks for the Review Theguy26. It seems complete and concise. Thanks!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Your welcome. Let me know if you want a review of anything else.
Domenic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Domenic
Nice review. Glad you like it. Smile
john_rivav
View Profile
Regular user
Yauco, Puerto Rico
102 Posts

Profile of john_rivav
Excellent review..
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Great review.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Just curious, other than eating a sack lunch, why would a you carry around a zip-lock baggy?
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 00:01, Peter Pitchford wrote:
Just curious, other than eating a sack lunch, why would a you carry around a zip-lock baggy?

To perform indecent;)
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

They give a perfectly logical reason on the DVD.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Probably the same reason for carrying around a deck of cards. lol Just kidding!
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

David, good point on the cards (however, they are associated with close up magic by the public).

Guy, what do they say on the dvd?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Actually, what Dave said is what they say on the DVD.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 00:25, jonxodus wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 00:01, Peter Pitchford wrote:

To perform indecent;)

As well as Witness!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 12:09, Dmann wrote:
Probably the same reason for carrying around a deck of cards. lol Just kidding!

Or walking Liberties..... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Ok, but that still hasn't justified using a sandwich bag. Unless presentation makes room for it, I'm with you on the walking liberties, etc. But I still want to know why use a sandwich bag other than to sell another dvd as a penetration effect. I can't honestly imagine one of my clients at a black tie event impressed by my sandwich baggy penetration (or really at a less formal paying job like the restaurant I work in).
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Actually, the spectator will not care one bit.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Ordered tresspassing on the 23rd November, it has yet to arrive, not sure if it was pre-order on that date, I have e-mailed 3 times but have yet recieved a reply,
Iknow it can take a while to get to the U.K. , Just need to know has/when it was sent and at what point can I expect it to arrive,
So just thought since Dave visit's here he could give me a update,

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

You could contact him using MSN messenger if you'd like.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Seems like a lot of sandwich bag tricks are coming out these days.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trespassing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL