The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New York (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
Just a brief introduction: I was born in Düsseldorf, Germany, I am a magician, deceptionist and writer and recently moved to New York City. I became interested in magic when I was in kindergarten and a magician asked me to be his assistant for a trick. By the time I was fourteen, I was booked regularly to perform magic all over Germany. I have performed at conventions, tradeshows and corporate events for clients including Kodak, Toyota, Dremel and Bacardi. I had two TV appearances on German Television. In 1997 I was the general press agent for the International FISM World Championship of Magic in Dresden. When I am not amazing my audiences with close-up and stand-up magic, I work in public relations and enjoy life together with my American wife, Erika.

This is a wonderful forum and I am very excited to be part of it now.
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Welcome to the magic Café! What brought you to the USA? Seems you had a pretty good thing going in Germany.
Keep them amazed!
Smile
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Welcome to the US Thorsten.
With your background in magic, I know you'll find plenty on the menu to interest you.

Randy Stewart
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Thank you, guys, I really appreciate you welcoming me.

What brought me to the USA? Well, my wonderful wife Erika. We met while she was a singer/actor/dancer in Germany, doing “Saturday Night Fever – the Musical” in Cologne. After her contract was over, she returned to New York City. After going back and forth for over nine month, high phone bills and endless craving, we decided to get married and that we would reside in New York. Of course it wasn’t easy to leave my family, friends and long time magic clients, but I am finally with the woman of my life in THE most exciting city in the world. And thanks to my job I get to go back to Germany quite often.

Thanks again. Looking forward to meeting you in person some day, maybe at a convention or lecture.

Take care.
Thorsten

Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome! You have come to the right place. There is something here for everyone. Do not forget to post, because that is the fun of the Café. Enjoy!
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thorsten,

Welcome to the "club". Its nice to see you have your priorities inthe correct order. Hang onto that lovely wife.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Thorsten, Welcome to the Café and will look forward to reading your post. You're right NYC is a beautiful city and full of friendly people. Have fun at the Café! Smile
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Thorsten,
Thank you for sharing we are happy you are here!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Torsten Smile Smile Smile
You have an interesting story. You will never regret joining to our family there is something for everybody. please let me welcome you with a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Tora, thank you so much for the STRONG coffee. I certainly miss that here in the U.S. - really strong coffee.

Best wishes to Turkey.
Thorsten

Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
Welcome from an American in Germany!
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Joel, thanks for welcoming me. "An American in Germany" - living in Mainz, the city of my "Alma Mater". I studied Political Sciences (major), American Literature and History (minors) at the Johannes-Gutenberg-University Mainz from 1992 to 1995. I loved it there and have very fond memories of this wonderful town. First I lived in Marienborn, then in Hechtsheim.

I would like to know how you got to Mainz and what are you doing there, besides magic. If you like, send me a personal message.
Thorsten

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New York (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL