The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Tom...I checked with the manufactuer who makes your system and Kelly said it would be impossible for it to interfere with our Hands-Free system.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Thanks Steve!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Okay.... we have updated the Hands-Free site and added new photos and video. Because the VENT system is not the same as the Programmed MAGIC system, we separated the pages so as not to cause confusion. The new video today went up on the MAGIC page. ENJOY!

http://www.axtell.com/remote.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Ax:

Simply unbelievable! Talk about unlimited possibilities. Hope one day you'll be thinking about doing this with characters for adult audiences.

Thanks!!

Bob
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Brilliant! Simply Brilliant!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
We will be adding people puppets like the old man....is that what you want for adult shows?

Thanks for your kind words.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Steve,

A few questions here:

-Would it be possible for the customer to record a voice of their choosing?
-What kind of batteries would they use?
-What is the time limit for the recording of movement/voice?
-Any plans for wing movement?

-Any word on the price yet?

Thanks
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 16:16, Carlos Hampton wrote:
Steve,

A few questions here:

-Would it be possible for the customer to record a voice of their choosing?

This is the VENT SECTION of the Magic Café so I want to clarify that the VENT does not have the recording / playback feature. However, the MAGIC version will have an option where you can record your own voice and then turn the critter to "Talkomatic". The mouth will synch with the voice you recorded and the body will be on "Auto-Alive"! (isn't that cool!??!!!)

-What kind of batteries would they use?

The rechargable batteries are built into the top 1/3 pole of the stand (isn't that cool!???) We will have an adapter that will be for multi-countries.

-What is the time limit for the recording of movement/voice?

It's only limited by the size of the mp3 player we will use. Not a problem. Isn't that COOL!!!???

-Any plans for wing movement?

Yes you will see that in our next video! Isn't that COOL???!!!

-Any word on the price yet?

Not quite yet but we are closing in on it.... I know....that's not as cool.

Thanks
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Steve,

I was reading more about it in your website and I found out that the customer CANNOT program de movements on his own.
I am pretty sure that the development of this project has found bigger obstacules than coming up with an easy program to connect the puppet to the compuer using a usb and a joystick to program it. I highly encourage you to consider and study this route.
I don't know what Axtell's plans are to charge for reprograming the unit to a different sequence, but at the price tag you are looking at I think the customer should have the freedom to do it. Please consider this as constructive feedback.

Even considering this service will be provided for free by Axtell, sometimes you come to a show where you need to change your routine for any specific reasons and don't have the time to wait for the new program sequence from your company.

Besides this, the puppet looks good, the movement is nice. Any inspiration on the animatronics from Xavier Tapias in Spain? Any plans for doing Vern?
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Ron's full programming system is proprietary, and we will provide that service. We have a picture of the team programming at http://www.axtell.com/remote.html This will not limit you from creating entertaining routines however.

The "Motor-Mouth" (automatic mouth synch mode) in our system is the answer for users to create custom programs on the fly (pardon the pun). All you have to do is record your voice and the "Motor-Mouth" function will synch the mouth to your recording on playback, the rest of the servos will move with some adjustable preset controls in the "Auto-Alive".

This specific robotics technology was presented to me by Ron, but over our previous 25 years in business we had made custom robotics for customers, and many customers like Xavier have made their own from our puppets over the years. We have been involved in animatronics groups and forums for years.

There are a lot of examples of previous remote control puppets by performers out there...(Stanley Burns, Bill Davis, David Strassman, Paul Zerdin, Greg Claassen, Ron Lucas, Johnny Lowe, and many others, but my inspiration comes from the enchanted work of Disney. Vern and all of the Axtell characters (including new ones coming out) will be offered as Hands-Free Puppets. This is a life-long journey and I can't wait to see where it all goes!

We will have a video showing how the Motor-Mouth feature works to create your own routines after the holidays.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Here is an overview of the program for you to chew on! Happy New year!

REMOTE CONTROL VENT PUPPET:

Use the key fob to control mouth and 2 head positions.
Use the key fob to turn on Auto-Alive (automatically moves from a chip).
Does not have an mp3 player and cannot be programmed.
Will cost less than the Magic Verision

REMOTE CONTROL MAGIC PUPPET:

Has 3 different MODES to operate in:
a. MagicTrax from the Mp3 player (programmed by Axtell as in our videos)
b. MotorMouth Mode. Playback voice recordings you make and mouth moves.
c. Total Control Mode. Operate the joysticks for total control.

MagicTrax Mode:

MagicTrax run off an mp3 player and are special Axtell encoded mp3s that have specific animation synched to voice. They can contain music and sound effects like in our demo videos. They are arranged in order in the mp3 player playlist. Axtell Expressions Studio burns the animation to the MagicTrax mp3 file. We will have many free ones available for download, and will offer a service to make custom ones with your name....or you can record your own voice and we can add specific moves to the character for a fee. Auto-Alive (random movement) is burned into the end of each MagicTrax mp3 for 10 extra minutes, so you don't have to turn it on or off...it's always there at the end of a bit. If you need more than 10 minutes, you can add it into the playlist. When you are ready for the next bit, you just advance to the next mp3 in the playlist with the tiny transmitter key fob.

MotorMouth Mode:

You can record an mp3 with voice only on the left track, and on the right track you can have music & sound effects. Switch the Control System to MotorMouth mode, and hwne you play it back the mouth will be moving in synch with the voice you recorded on the left track. All the other servos will move using "AutoAlive" which is a chip with some presets for Left Center and Right dominanace (depending where it is standing). MotorMouth Mode enables you to impulsively record a bit in your own voice, and immediately play it back with full animation on your own without Axtell involved in the production. You can advance to the next MotorMouth track with a key fob. You could have a whole list of MotorMouth recordings in a playlist for your whole show with synchronized mouth movements as long as the body moves can be random. (You don't have to use the MagicTrax Mode unless you need specific actions from our programming. )

Total Control Mode:

You can control the joysticks for specific movement for any of the servos whenever you want to. You could have an assistant off stage operating the character live and even providing the voice with a microphone. You don't need to use the programming at all. You can also have the operator wear a headset microphone plugged directly into the Hands-Free control system and when you have MotorMotor mouth mode selected you can speak into the microphone, and it will trigger the mouth to synch up to the sounds you make! This frees the operator's hands for just the other servo movements...without having to move one for the mouth (but you still can if you want to).

Other Features and Options are coming out like synchronized VIDEO programming (use a TV or display monitor with the character for song lyrics, powerpoint, sales presentations, etc.

All the above is subject to change as we finish up development. There may be some things that would cause one or more features above to be combined, or need to be explained differently but that's where it's kind of standing at this moment in time.

Thanks for coming on this R&D journey with us! Your input and questions help bring focus to our team.

I will put this overview on the front page of our Hands-Free Puppets webpage....so if it changes you can always check there.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Will this puppet include a case that will fit everything including the stand?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Lou, by the way your video clip of your TV interview is the top rated Youtube video with the keyword "axtell" in it. Congrats! Because we have so many different sized puppets we are not going to include cases. We can't possibly inventory all those different sized cases with custom foam inserts...as nice as they are. If we were only selling the Toucan and the stand, I would consider the case. How important is that to have from us? I would suggest using a low cost but strong footlocker and fitting foam into it for a good fit. What do you think? It would raise the price by about $250...and the extra weight would add to the shipping costs for our foreign customers.

We do have a case like you want for our Remote Control Magic Drawing Board http://www.axtell.com/rmdb.html

I think once you buy the set from us, that you could purchase a case locally like this and make your own foam inserts for it. http://www.cnmfg.com/other/product.php?pc_product_id=4

What do you think?

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Axtells! Click here for our photo....

http://www.axtell.com/axtellnewyear.jpg
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Quote:
On 2007-12-31 11:59, axtell wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Axtells! Click here for our photo....

http://www.axtell.com/axtellnewyear.jpg

Wow! That's some animation mode!! Smile

Happy New Year to all.

Bob
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Lol! Well...we are excited! Actually there have been some last minute developments on our Hands-Free Control system that will really take it up a notch. I'll post more details soon, but keep watching http://www.axtell.com/remote.html for updates. We are closer on the prices too.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Steve it looks like you put ALOT of effort into this and they look amazing so far !
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Wish I could afford one , lol!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Yeahidomagic - thanks for the post. I really am excited about the prices we will have coming soon. We are taking something that, for this quality of animatronic programming would normally cost $25,000 or more and bringing it WAY DOWN! You'll see. I don't want to sound like "everyone" can afford one, but if you use it to it's full advantage (trade shows, corporate work, special events...and your stage shows) you can make pretty big money with this business tool over a few months or years. Not everyone can, but a clever entertainer that has the right stuff to market themselves and their services...CAN! Over the next few years we will all be amazed at how far all of this Hands-Free concept goes. This is like a roller coaster, and we are all on this ride together....slowly clicking up one side of the track nearing the top of what is going to be a very cool thrill ride! Hang on!....click....click....click......
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4619 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Ax, I really applaud and respect your using this forum to develop your work so far before it's even been released. It seems like your concepts are getting more and more exciting, and you're managing to cover every base with this new technology. Heck, you've answered all my questions, provided solutions to every potential drawback, and frankly, are taking puppetry light years ahead!
When you consider modern kids and their expectations, these animatronics are going to really WOW the World of kids' entertainment.
The World is soon going to be a much funnier place to be, at least for me, as soon as I get the $ I need for my new puppets!
God Bless Steve Axtell!
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL