The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
figpik
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of figpik
That's really great! Your chimp really looks like a living one! Amazing!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks...Here is the TOUCAN optional wings... http://www.axtell.com/remotevent.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
This just gets better and better! Congrats. Steve.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Beyond amazing!

B
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
We are almost ready to launch...thanks for your patience!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
We sent out our newsletter yesterday....if you are not subscribed you can read it here and please subscribe if you want to receive it monthly. Thanks.

http://www.axtell.com/axnews/jan08.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
Steve,
you're simply a creative GENIUS!

Donald Woodford
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks Donald...I love being creative... but we are holding our breath to see what all of YOU creative geniuses will do once you have these guys in your show. I honestly know that you will take it in so many different directions it will be amazing!

One performer will have their character be a Magical Assistant
Another will have it be a comedy vent character
Another will have it sing in harmony along with themselves
another will have it be a mind reader
....etc. etc. etc.

WOW! What a cool thing we are all doing here!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
HERE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET FREE PROGRAMING (for the Magic Version)!

Please either post or email me (steve@axtell.com ) with types of statements, reactions, bits, jokes, etc. you would like to have in your Toucan or Chimpanzee. We are recording and programming starting this week and we might put many of your suggestions into the characters as a pre-programmed feature for all to have. Examples are

Introductions (not using your name of course)... think of creative ways to do this.

Finales - Goodbyes - Outros (fun ways to end your show with the character)

Song ideas (we might even produce the music free for a few of the first ones!)

Bits of Biz - like the 3 part hungry / popcorn bit I did with the Toucan.

Magician's assistant - Waving a wand - saying magic words -

Tricks - mind reading bits - picking out a "random card", etc.

Reactions to your show - Things like "Oh Wow! That as a Great Trick!", "Oh that was funny...it reminds me of a story..."

Funny Poems - Limericks - special occasions

etc.

Now's your chance...you may have to pay for it later! Thanks!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
And now....the moment we've all been waiting for... Prices for the Hands-Free Remote Control Puppets are up at http://www.axtell.com/remote.html

Also read the Overview to answer questions about the 3rd optional system "LIVE".

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Hey vents....sorry for the postings that are about the "programming" versions here. It's just that some magicians have been discussing the remote MAGIC versions in this section of the Café...and I wanted to make sure that everyone saw the info.

So...you will notice that the VENT version is the LOWEST price of all the Hands-Free versions out there. I hope that is encouraging to many of you who want to get involved in this, but thought it would be too expensive. I have worked hard for you!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
326 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
WOW, Steve! Congatulation!

You are so generous to us!
I like the Toucan, because Toucan life in Indonesia too!

But I still have a battle in my mind to buy or not to buy!

Budi
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
There is a NEW feature I have not mentioned for the VENT VERSION! This should get you very excited. Up to now, your understanding is that with VENT there is only the live action and no programming. However, after many emails and calls, I have worked with my team to add in the MotorMouth feature for VENTS!

Unlike our more expensive R.C. Magic Puppets, there is no "Hands-Free Control System" with the VENT. It is just the RC Puppet, the stand and the key fob. However, the Vent puppet now has an audio input jack and you can plug an mp3 player (you provide) into it and play a pre-recorded mp3 that you have made. You use a stereo Y connector coming out of the player and left goes into the puppet and right goes out to your sound system. Because of the magic of our MotorMouth mode, the mouth movements of the puppet (if you select it) can automatically synch to the voice on the left channel of the mp3, and the body will move in auto-alive. You can set the body for left - center - right dominance...your choice.

This opens up a lot of possibilities for users of the Hands-Free VENT puppets....

You can play an mp3 and the puppet is fully automatically moving to the voice on the mp3. This might sound counter-productive because you are a vent, and the voice should come from you, but think outside your vent show for a moment. You need any extra income outside of your regular vent show? Set up the puppet in a Mall, or in front of a store, or at a trade show booth and you can sell your robot services to corporations. Pre-record a sales message or greeting, setup the puppet press play and earn some money on the side as it pitches their company's products. In fact the puppet on it's own could be talking about your ventriloquist show. Calling out your web address, phone number, etc. You'll have to think outside the box, and as you do, you will see more possible income paths to follow with this, besides just vent.

Also if you plug a wireless microphone receiver into puppet (with the y connector as usual splitting left / right) you can talk live into the microphone and the mouth of the puppet will automatically move to what you are saying! So this means that you can stand back behind a crowd and be the live voice (not recorded) of the puppet. The body will be automatically moving in auto-alive mode, and the mouth is triggering to your voice because of MotorMouth. You could have your tiny mic on your shirt collar like a secret agent does, and sit somewhere off to the side drinking coffee. While the puppet talks to the crowd live. "Who bought you that shirt?"..."Wow is that your wife or your daughter?".... If someone looks at you, you are just reading the newspaper or drinking coffee. Not operating a big Remote Control transmitter. ...in fact nothing in your hands at all (not even the key fob)...because the mouth is automatically triggering from your voice.

Just to clarify, even without these features you could still entertain a crowd in secret by using the key fob and a wireless mic and operate the puppet just like you would on stage, moving the mouth button manually, and turning the head back and forth between two preset positions, then going to Auto-Alive like you normally do if you want, but this is an alternative with no manual control using the key fob at all. Just a microphone & motor mouth.

Of course with either of these set ups, there is going to need to be a speaker near the puppet in a box with the wireless mic receiver (or the mp3 player) and a wire running up the stand into the input in the puppet.

Of course you don't have to use these features, they come free with the VENT puppet. It just is that you now get more than you thought you were getting!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Steve -
Killer option. That opens a huge range of possibilities.

For those of us (like me) who can't do a dual voice - that may be the perfect way to sing a duet at the end of the show... (Of course, I can't sing either...)
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
I have updated this information about the Tiny Transmitter or KEY FOB:

The VENT key fob is designed for simplicity on stage. A ventriloquist needs to be able to hide the control in his or her hand with very few buttons to push, so they do not have to look at it. With the VENT key fob you will have control over these actions:

Mouth action
Head Rotate Position 1
Head Rotate Position 2
Auto-Alive On / Off (with 3 dominant positions choices).

Auto-Alive on the VENT puppets expands the movements that the puppet can make by including these:

Head Up and Down
Head Tilt side to side
Body lean left to right
Optional Wing movement

The MAGIC Key Fob controls the mp3 player built into the Hands-Free Control Center. It will advance to the next mp3 in the playlist (either MagicTrax or Audio mp3 made for MotorMouth). When you pause or stop the mp3 with the fob, the character will go into Auto-Alive mode and keep moving. This will give you time for a big audience laugh, or crowd control if needed.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Steve,
Want to make sure I understand this...
The vent key fob controls 3 actions when interacting with the puppet - mouth and 2 head positions the puppet is looking - plus a button to put the puppet into auto-alive mode.

When in auto-alive mode, the puppet will automatically heads up/heads down/lean and optional wing movement - but the performer can't control these actions from the vent key fob?

The Vent puppet will take the left channel of an MP3 player and sync the MotorMouth feature when in auto-alive mode? So we can provide our own input player or - if we want to remotely control the MP3, we can also purchase the Magic Key fob and Hands-Free Control Center?

Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 12:50, tacrowl wrote:
Steve,
Want to make sure I understand this...
The vent key fob controls 3 actions when interacting with the puppet - mouth and 2 head positions the puppet is looking - plus a button to put the puppet into auto-alive mode.

Right!

When in auto-alive mode, the puppet will automatically heads up/heads down/lean and optional wing movement - but the performer can't control these actions from the vent key fob?

Right!

The Vent puppet will take the left channel of an MP3 player and sync the MotorMouth feature when in auto-alive mode?

If you want to use this feature, VENT will come with it. MAGIC also comes with MotorMouth

So we can provide our own input player or - if we want to remotely control the MP3, we can also purchase the Magic Key fob and Hands-Free Control Center?

No, the VENT is not compatible with the Hands-Free MAGIC Control system. Totally different. To remotely control the mp3 player you attach, you would use any commercially available mp3 remote. Most brands have one available.

Is this correct? Or am I missing something?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Well, Steve, my deposit is burning a hole in my pocket!!!!

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Thanks for the quick response Steve!

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
We just did some road testing with 3 of the characters over the weekend.

We had the Magic Toucan and Magic Chimp at a car show in northern California with Ron...and the crowds went nuts. He was doing it in the LIVE mode where nothing was programmed but he had it talking with a microphone. People were lining up to get their photo taken with it. Ron put the chimp in a car with it's arm over the side and people thought it was real. They were both a huge hit.

We also had the Vent Toucan at an educational show in Colorado showing it to schools & libraries. Our rep Ed called several local magicians and vents to come check it out. He used the vent Toucan totally impromptu talking with people in the crowd that immediately gathered and stayed. He thinks that about 20-30 of the schools, libraries, vents and magicians are going to get one. They saw the possibilities immediately. They are talking about Hands-Free periods in schools now, rotating the character from class to class to make announcements, read stories, etc. It also became part of a documentary film on ventriloquism that was there shooting the gathering.

What this tells me is that an entertainer in a local community is going to be able to create quite a huge side business with schools, zoos, museums, events, swap meets, theaters, sporting events, concerts, etc, etc, etc, ....oh yeah...and in their own magic and vent shows as well!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL