The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
VENTS - We are working on some amazing new remote control puppets for Ventriloquists or those who want to provide their own live voice. We call these "Hands-Free Puppets".

The vent characters will be operated by a secret tiny control (like you would beep your car doors with). On stage with you the puppet always looks alive automatically active and slightly moving, watching your audience and your show. You don't need to control him during this phase.

When you want to control him, just push one button to "look over at you" and the next to "move it's mouth"! Then when you are finished with this puppet speaking, return it to it's automatic "Alive" state. You can now work with a puppet in your hands, and with the tiny control hidden in your other hand, also control the remote puppet from a distance!

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you.... we are also making some for Magicians where the voice would be pre-recorded. Email me to get on the notify list.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
dmm
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dmm
Great idea Steve, any idea on price points?
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Not yet.... we are trying to keep them down under $5,000, but some are trying to get us to price it much higher so only the top can afford them, but that's not my style. I'll let you know as soon as we have it locked down on the first few Axtell characters. The response has been overwhelming. I've received nearly 100 emails in two days from over 6 countries. It looks like we've got a great concept here who's time has come. I'll have more info and videos coming soon!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
I started this topic here because of the VENT version of our Remote Control "Hands-Free Puppets". However, in the Little Darlings section there is quite a bit more detailed discussion going on about all the versions too. You might want to check that out by Clicking Here!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Steve,

I'm a big fan of your work and use several of your puppets. I wonder though whether this level of automation crosses the line to where it's so unbelievable that the audience knows it is mechanical, and thinks, if the motion is all RC mechanics, perhaps the voice is as well.

I have Mark Thompson Live on VHS. On it he does some great vent bits but towards the end he crosses the line and does a trio, singing simultaneously with two puppets. It's obvious that the voices are recorded and to me it diminishes the impact of the pure vent work which was very good.

I'm sure those who can spend the $5K will find creative and effective uses for the props but like sleight of hand magic vs big box illusions; people understand the skill involved in sleight of hand and admire it more, even though they still love the big illusions.

Oliver
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Oliver....yes I'm sure you have a good point. One way to keep it from being perceived as a robot with a pre-recorded voice, is to make sure to make comments about people in the audience, have the Toucan call them out by name, be spontaneous. This will help them understand it's still you doing the voice, and the remote part will just kill!

My role as an inventor is to cross the line and break the rules....and in so doing, make discoveries. These "Hands Free Puppets" won't be for everyone but judging from the reaction I've been getting it's going to be hot!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Ax,
You make great products. I admire them and use them and will use more in the future. I certainly see that this can be used to make an effective show. I've seen vents leave a figure on stage as they walk off and suddenly the figure moves and speaks. It can be great.

Oliver
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Whether I will ever be able to add one of your new 'Hands Free' puppets to my repetoir or not, I will say this:

You are absolutely the most cutting edge, creative, and KIND inventor of our time...

You deserve a plaque or award or ribbon or SOMETHING to acknowledge your accomplishments Steve...

I mean this, from the heart.

Not only are you one HECK of a guy and supporter of Vent, but you've also mananged, in this day and age, to raise outstanding children who are driven to serve their Lord.

My hat is off to you pal...

Congratulations from Mary and my hearts!

Terry
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Wow...I'm honored and humbled by that. No ribbon necessary. Thanks...Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Steve, how about a sneak preview, pleaaaase.

I remembered there was someone from Spain here who was selling an animatronic rabbit in a hat puppet doing a card trick. It looked like he was using the program of Sean Bogunia using several servos. It also looked good. I think he was also selling an Animatronic bird using your latex bird. I saw it in his website video.

Knowing Steve's products, and his creative mind (I know he has an alien guiding him because his ideas are so extraordinary) this is a "killer".

Just an idea, Steve, it would be an added feature, if you could have a voice changer installed in it so that with a press of a button, vents or non vents could be able to change the voice of the puppet. I have a microphone that does this and I use it in my kid shows a lot.

For the meantime, I recently bought an animatronic parrot for US$110 here in my country. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d......83126454
This will suffice for now.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Lou, alien? Ha! We just built a customized 2 meter alien puppet for Ikkoku in Japan...

Yes...we are scheduled to shoot videos all next week. We are constantly posting the updates here! http://www.axtell.com/remote.html

I must repeat that half of the genius here is the technical wizardry of Ron Palmer who's new technology is making all this possible. His robotics and my characters & performing experience are a perfect match. In the past we have added servo control to our puppets but this is much more advanced and reliable. These new features will be available exclusively through Axtell Expressions.

For a vent, the simplicity of the features hidden in the palm of your hand, will create a new world of options and ideas.... stay tuned!
Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Okay the Remote Control VENT video is up....this is for YOU VENTS!

Hands-Free Puppets!

http://www.axtell.com/remote.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Steve,
That is incredible! Well done!

Oliver
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
WOW!!! that's all I can say right now...WOW!!!

Great work Steve Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks guys! The Toucan is being featured in the "FUNNY PAPER" Sammy Smith's magic mag. It's hot off the press stuff. http://www.axtell.com/new.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Steve,
I dream that price of this that you have in mind IS IN PHILIPPINE PESO, NOT IN U.S. DOLLARS, hehe... ($1=P42 now), so I can easily afford them LOL...

Honestly, this is outstanding work!

Ony Carcamo
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Ony - thank you for your kind words....but, sorry my friend, it is US Dollars but...good for you....this is at a time when the US Dollar is really LOW! So when we announce the price next week or two...

1. The US Dollar is very LOW!

2. We will have an "Introductory Price" to help those of you giving us feedback in the early days of this invention.

3. No doubt the price will continue to go up each year as everything does... so...
When I announce the introductory price.. it will be at the "Absolute lowest price ever" for the "Hands-Free Puppets"! Hold on to you hard earned Christmas show income... we are about to make this next year AMAZING for you!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
WOW how awsome is that!!!

Steve once again you have brought a wonderful idea to life in a beautiful package. YOur puppets are captivating already but the added surprise of it being hands free will really blow them away!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We just put up the video of the fully programmed Remote Control Magic Puppet. While this version would not be for Ventriloquists (because the voice is provided) you will find it very interesting nonetheless. The Video of the Remote Control VENT Puppet was shot before we added the up / down head servo which will be part of it's "Auto-Alive" mode, so you will notice more overall movement in the new video by comparison, only because of that. Your VENT version will have the same enhanced movement you see in the MAGIC version video.

http://www.axtell.com/remote.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Steve -
I e-mailed you so many questions and appreciated the quick response - but you either missed this one or needed to check on it and I didn't hear back.

Would the remote for the puppet cause any interference with my Virtual Soundman ipod remote? If you can let me know I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Remote Control Animatronic Puppets by Axtell (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL