We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded American penny shell ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I was just in my local coin shop looking for a sutible wild coin. the owner told me he had some gold plated Kennedy halves somewhere, and I thought "perfect for twilight zone wild coin by Dr Rubinstein". while I was looking through the many boxes the owner told me it might be in, I found several coins I thought could be of use to me, a gold plated dime, a Kennedy half with johns face painted on it with baked enamel, the gold plated Kennedy half, but the most interesting was what was labeled as a hollow coin. it was actually a wheat penny shell, tails side. when I got it home and opened it up to my surprise it fit over a real penny. so now I have an expanded penny shell, (talk about a super easy tenkai pennies routine)which only cost me two dollars, a bargain I think for such a unique item. my questions are has any one ever heard of this kind of shell before or is it really a one of kind custom? has any one else found a unique of gaffed coin in a coin shop?
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I have a penny shell, that I got as a present. It came in a knock-off pen penetration effect from Broadway Magic in Myrtle Beach, SC.
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
Is the penny shell expanded chad? this one is an old wheat penny, which what really made me curiuos about the history and where it came from, mysteries I'll probably never solve
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
No mine is made to fit over a dime and is the heads side.
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I have some of those also I knew they made shelled pennies but never even heard of an expanded shell penny until now. that's whats really got my attention, ive been looking on the web for the last hour trying to ind one but no luck yet
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Just ask Todd Lassen.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Can you post a photo of the shell next to a real penny? I'm curious about how noticeable the difference in size is, given the small diameter of a penny. I'm thinking you might have to construct your routine to avoid having the shell and a real penny too close together, to avoid comparison.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded American penny shell ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL