The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help a newb out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Yeah, I'm new to sharking and I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers. False shuffles, dealing bottoms and seconds, the difference between a strike and a push off would be helpful.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1250 Posts

Profile of splice
Have you tried the search feature? Or browsing through old threads? Or buying books/DVDs?

The difference between a strike and a push-off: in one, you strike the card directly, in the other, you push it off.

You should be able to find a lot of info on your own.
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Sure, but if I talk to a person, I can ask whatever questions I want. I'm really new to this so far, the only false cut I kno is the swivel cut. I'm learning to others, one being the wolf cut. I'm tryin to work my way up to the butterfly.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
If you study the classic texts, you'll have very few questions that a anyone will need to answer for you. Ed Marlo's "Revolutionary Card Technique", for one, would:
A) Answer most of your questions, B) Keep you busy for a lifetime.
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Is it a book?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Yes.
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Where can I find it?
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 15:58, acetucker wrote:
Sure, but if I talk to a person, I can ask whatever questions I want. I'm really new to this so far, the only false cut I kno is the swivel cut. I'm learning to others, one being the wolf cut. I'm tryin to work my way up to the butterfly.

ive actually learned one cut since ive posted this, the baSic cut. Youtube it, it's not that hard and looks pretty flashy, for a beginners cut.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 19:26, acetucker wrote:
Where can I find it?

http://www.google.com

One search of "Revolutionary Card Tecnique" on google yielded many places to purchase it...Just look.

Your questons have been answered many times before, the SEARCH function is a great tool.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
Acetucker, if you are interested in card tricks and flourishes you are not in the right place. You should check out the "pick a card... any card" section.
The gambling spot is dedicated to table artifices.
You should also be able to search by yourself. People around here are not your parents and most likely won't waste time doing the work you are not willing to do yourself.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
There's likely no "sharks" here, so you may do better looking elsewhere.
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
And even if there were they would probably be not into the baSic cut or the butterfly cut Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15873 Posts

Profile of tommy
Expert at the Card Table by S.W Erdnase: Is worth its weight in gold, with this you can laugh at luck and defy the law of chance. Your fortune will literally be at your finger ends, and a rare opportunity to buy a copy of this precious book has arisen and I can get it you for $108.

But it will not make the innocent vicious, or transform the pastime player into a professional; or make the fool wise, or curtail the annual crop of suckers; but whatever the result may be, if it sells it will accomplish the primary motive of the seller, as he needs the money.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 23:04, tommy wrote:
Expert at the Card Table by S.W Erdnase: Is worth its weight in gold, with this you can laugh at luck and defy the law of chance. Your fortune will literally be at your finger ends, and a rare opportunity to buy a copy of this precious book has arisen and I can get it you for $108.

But it will not make the innocent vicious, or transform the pastime player into a professional; or make the fool wise, or curtail the annual crop of suckers; but whatever the result may be, if it sells it will accomplish the primary motive of the seller, as he needs the money.
Well said. It is strange that no one else mentioned Erdnase.
Pavlo
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
I can get you that same book for $99.99. Mine is autographed.

PM me for details.

CC
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
There is also 2 RCT on ebay as you guys type.
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15873 Posts

Profile of tommy
No honour among thieves I see. I saw him first. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
No honor amongst thieves?!?! Now, that just hurts.

CC
acetucker
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of acetucker
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 20:16, matu wrote:
Acetucker, if you are interested in card tricks and flourishes you are not in the right place. You should check out the "pick a card... any card" section.
The gambling spot is dedicated to table artifices.
You should also be able to search by yourself. People around here are not your parents and most likely won't waste time doing the work you are not willing to do yourself.

1. I'm usin dial- up, and it is much quicker to post than to search...you wouldn't believe... 2. false cuts have everything to do with gambling. Dealing bottoms and seconds don't help at all without false shuffles. I thought this would be the place to come to to learn the art of cheating, or at least it would be a topic here. I'm pretty sure there are sharks here, too. what about card cheat? Sounds like a sharkin' name to me.
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
"false cuts have everything to do with gambling" that's a very authoritative statement for someone seeking knowledge Smile
It doesn't take a card shark to know what the so called "baSic cut" you referred to from youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le8bcG8rJz4) has nothing to do with gambling.
It's also hypocritical to say that you don't have time to search basic thing (like where to buy a book) when you take the time to watch videos off youtube.
If you want to learn the "basics" read books written by: erdnase, scarne, ortiz, marlo, forte, ... that should keep you busy for a couple years (understand a lifetime). Most are easily found on amazon or ebay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help a newb out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL