The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Selling Out?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
My name is Matt Colman, I push boundaries professionally.

Every audition I've ever done in my life I've either got it or I've won. I've never been unsuccessful in an audition.

For more of a joke when my agent sent me an application form for the latest big brother with rising talent from the uk my ego took over and gave every question in the form a cynical, humored or random reply.

The next day I get a phone call saying how impressed they where with my application (!)

They wanted to let me know they where going to probably short list me for the auditions.

The next few days I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it...

Theres pros and cons and a nice amount of cash to be won at the end.

But is it selling your soul?

What if I didn't have as much control as I needed to be the person I am?

They contacted me earlier and I let them down.

It would be a bit like tedious trying to invent "improved" material for 2 weeks. There might get to the point where I couldn't be funny and I'd be exposed for the fraud I am.

TV land can interpret you differently with choice editing, they can manipulate what the viewers see...it could of been a career ruiner!

Then I think...maybe a lot of good could of come from it....
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I lived with you for almost a year...I think everyone should feel what I felt...I must go now and take sum pills..
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I would of loved to duplicate the orange juice incident!!!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Haha! Smile That my Friend is much too good to waste on TV land "Wake up wake up theres an emergency...look at me there has been an emergency..someone has drank half of the orange juice* She was/is an idiot
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Selling out - getting paid

what of?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:

But is it selling your soul?

No, it's more like selling your badonkadonk. Which all of us do, eventually. It's just a question of price and maintaining your dignity while you're doing it.

If I were you, and I got the call, I'd do it. And I'd spew some occasional Haiku dedicated to my friend Jeff, and I'd confuse everyone in the container by saying, "That was Josh #2, not Josh #1, you silly cow! And I'm an expert on cows. So spank me." Or something like that. Feel free to steal my lines, if you want.

Seriously: I don't know how young you are, but if you are under 30, do it, and think about the consequences later. Maintaining dignity might be difficult (leave your sponge balls at home: the cameras see EVERYTHING), but not impossible.

Prostitution only hurts the victim.

Don't be a victim.

Be Matt, Matt Colmann. Badonkadonk Matt Colmann.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've got a new video project that should be ready by xmas! If its any good I'll be sending it off to tv land. I think that will be better for me.

I was thinking about two Germans called the frenches who like bread...what do you think?

Johnathan...getting paid I don't believe is selling out, when what you are producing garbage because people above you need you to i.e low forms of entertainment that is diluted and not up to your usual standard...then I believe I'd be selling out...what I think it would come to being on reality t.v...
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I really could of corrupted the show and peoples minds...and Jeff I would of waved to you lots...and I'm way under 30!

Oh Orange Juice, Beautiful Orange Juice!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm having a crisis. I spelled Matt Colman with two N's instead of one.

I'm going to go kill myself now.

Bye.

Jeff
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Am I dead yet?

(Just trying to find out if my method is working.)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right now I'm seeing a dark tunnel. Dark, dark, dark...and at the end of the tunnel I'm seeing...

Orange Juice....

Doesn't make any sense.

Am I dead yet?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Your half dead, which is all we really need to be able to touch you.
Fauna Gob
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Fauna Gob
WARNING: This is the most sensible post I will ever make on these forums...You have been warned.

I'm quite glad you didn't go for it in the end Matt, I know you would have give it your best to really screw the program up, but I reckon people have been there to do that before. The power of the censor makes them look like attention seeking puppy maulers and the 'container' comes out on top.

You work hard at what you do, I'd rather see you spend 20 years in the shadows than spend 15 minutes prostituting yourself on national TV.

Fauna
I'm the hiphopapotamus, my rhymes are bottomless, sounds a little preposterous, spewing from my esophagus.
But, my ryhmes are so potent that during this small segment, I've made all the women in the last three threads pregnant.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Fauna, Fauna Gob, Badonkadonk Fauna Gob.

You go, girl!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I love you fauna. You write what my demons stop me from.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Badonkadonk Demons
I've got a jar of dirt
This is Haiku

I'm dead now.

See y'all tomorrow.

Jeff
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Nice Haiku Jeff!!

Really like it!

See you in a few hours!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This is thefirst thread I have posted to without reading ANY of the above posts. So...am I right?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
That depends if you read any of the below posts.

Matt, I think Fauna Gob is probably right. You are young, handsome, talented, knowledgeable about the Cow terrorist threat, first try Rich, then try infamous.

Spanish Big Bother contestants went all anarchic and communist, everyone else toad the line.

Joseph K.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Awh, that was beautiful Corona =) I'm buying you the annotated Clamant Merrill cow party guide for xmas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Selling Out?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL