The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup Material Handling Safety (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
All those years I just told my kids spinach was good cuz Popeye said so! Smile
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
My old drill sergeant in the army kept telling us to "get the lead out." Half a century later I realize he meant for us to eat our spinach.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Now to create a routine with the MM brass cups with patter about cheap brass containing lead. Final load will be a can of spinach.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Lead like most heavy metals is removed from humans by the process of chelation, which binds the lead to a non-absorbable chemical which is then excreted as waste with the bound lead or other metal. This is not what the attached articles speak of; they are using the spinach to bind lead in the soil to the plant, thus removing the lead from the soil and trapping it in the plant. I would not advise eating that spinach. The other attached article is on toxic spinach in India. Best advice- don't consume lead !

ttp://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic293.htm
http://permaculture.meetup.com/58/boards......=3664502
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2891587.stm

john
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Also, don't cook spinach in an aluminum pot or use aluminum utensils to cook it with. If it is grown properly, with no lead in the soil you will be safe, but who knows what is in the soil anyone grows their plants in anymore!

Most of the spinach grown in the US comes from Crystal City, Texas. In the town square, there is a statue of Popeye.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup Material Handling Safety (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL