The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Out of two hours of stuff you can choose from...

I just hope the discs are good. I like demo hand mucks a lot.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
Out of two hours of stuff you can choose from...

I hear you Clock, two hours gives a lot to pick from.......
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Please let us know what you think of the DVD when you receive it. I have to save for the right stuff, don't have a lot of money.

Kim
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
I'm with you, Kim!
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Maybe you have to look at this move in context back when hands could be held and the Eye in the Sky meant somebody up on a Catwalk. Now imagine how this would play at a locked table with turn at third base before the Dealer gets his down card. The BP is at first and required to turn over his hand if he hits a natural. By the time the dealer peeks for a 21 and then gestures for a decision by the BP, the hand is switched and face up as it should be. Seems workable to me.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
All I will say is that we cheats make up moves according to the situation at hand. This move probably was excellent according to how things went at the time. Because of this move alone, I know that this man is the real deal and very knowledgeable.

Doc
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Doc,

I'm actually not really disheartened by the clip. I have read Giorgio's articles on Genii and I have great deal of respect for his deep knowledge and experience. He did put the move in its historical context and explained the conditions under which it was used.

Regards,

Paul H
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I saw how he regripped the other cards out of play. That alone showed me that he knew how to handle the cards.

Take Care

Doc
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Good point Doc. Hadn't paid attention to that before, the man is very smooth.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
His regripping was way better than Scarne's. Scarne flashes the hidden card when regripping, Tony doesn't. Richard Turner did too but he has an excuse, He's blind and the guy who filmed him didn't retake the footage.

Take Care

Doc
Mundle Ballis
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mundle Ballis
I now have the two disk set in my hands and it is high-def and over two hours of inventive and incredible work. It's stuff I've never seen before and he even says on the DVD that this work is the real deal. It's all advanced work with historical background. Does anyone else have it? Please comment.

Mun
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I don't have it but I want it. I am currently thinking of picking up both of steve's books as well so lots of money but hey, if this is really good. Stuff that can get the money, then I will order it right away. let us know.

Kim
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
Just finished watching disk one. Instant classic, you guys are going to love it. Tony teaches the moves and tells a couple stories. I got my 50.00 worth in the first ten minutes, everything else is gravy. Some of the stuff I have never seen before. Tony is 84 years old so the execution is not always perfect, but amazingly good considering his age. Their are a lot of subtleties and variations given, it's these little things that can really take a move from mediocrity to something special.
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Thanks ron. I think we all know what we must do
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
I got mine yesterday. I only had the time to watch the first dvd (quickly took a look at the 2nd dvd content), like Ron said yesterday this is an instant classic. Tony's technique is really good, might not be in his prime any more but still very precise and natural. Palming looks like a second nature with him.
And great news: apparently there are more to come Smile (on cards and dices)
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Mine are on the way and I can hardly wait.

Regards,

Paul H
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I am still waiting for a reply. Need to know about shipping to Sweden or Finland. How did you guys order it? sent him an email about address and your paypal name then pay to his paypal account? This sounds awesome, and if there is more to come, that is fantastic. Getting frustrated, waiting for this emaila as well as mr forte's, I want to buy both his books as well. I think I have some great info coming my way.

Kim
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
To order you just have to set him the money using Paypal (just follow the instruction the his webpage, i.e. sending money using his email address). It looks like he handles the orders himself, so he should be able to mail to Finland. You'll probably have to pay some extra for shipping, you should wait for his reply.
As far as I know, Steve Forte does't sell his books directly. You could go through Meir Yedid website for instance (http://www.mymagic.com/gaming.htm), they ship worldwide and apparently above $300 the shipping is free... considering you'll pay $250 for the two books it's probably worth finding another item and make it $300.
You won't regret it they are worth every penny.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Thanks for the tip mate.

I read on Forte's site that I get a discount if I buy both his books so I will talk to him about that first and if he sells them directly, would love to have them signed.

About the DVD, yes I will wait because of the shipping and other details that could be of value. Going crazy though, been waiting for half a week already. Smile

Kim
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
I took a look at Forte's website again (http://www.steveforte.com/buy.html). My understanding is that the discount is for book resellers that will buy "big" quantities of the books.
As you can see, he gives a list of places from where to buy the books. This kind of implies he doesn't sell them directly to individuals (it would be too much trouble I guess).
Both of my books were signed (not sure if it was because I ordered as soon as they got out). What you can do is check with Meir Yedid or which ever reseller you chose if they have signed copies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL