The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Giorgio's web site says shipping is included with no additional proviso's.....it sounds like he means anywhere.
I'm in Canada and he charged me nothing extra for shipping.

Meir Yedid had autographed copies of Forte's big book.....I don't know about signed copies of the poker book though.
Check with Meir to see if he has any autographed copies left.....He sold me my copy complete with Steve's sig on the frontspiece.

I'd order the big book now rather than later though.....all indications are that the supply (from everybody) is getting quite low, and a reprint is definitely an unknown at this point.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
"Quantity discounts are available for both books". Yeah I guess you are right matu, didn't really think about what it said. Well I will check meir out. I checked the german site as well but the books are a lot more expensive on that site. brrr, 250 dollars is already a lot of money (and the additional shipping).

Thanks guys,

Kim
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Just picked up the set. Very much enjoyed them... Lots of info.

Best,

Grant
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Sounds great clock. I just ordered them so that DVD, bill Malones new set and both steve's books (signed) on their way to me. Smile

Kim
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
I just finished disc 1...very enjoyable and informative. I recommend them to anyone who is thinking about it.
ronfour
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of ronfour
I agree with papermechanic and Ron Conley. Tony Giorgio's DVD set, "The Ultimate Work," is great. Are there any other DVD's available showing moves by someone with years of experience using those moves in a real game?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Tony's "Oregon Hole Card Switch" that he tipped to Dai Vernon.

What a pretty switch.

It's one of those moves that feels like it could fool you even though you're the one doing it.
When the card comes out from under the left hand........Smile

Another high point is Tony demonstrating the gamblers acquitments for "not" having a card palmed........he's brilliant.

Any other high points for those who picked this up?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I realize how great a price the set is, but if anyone has one that they want to sell to a totally broke (I mean REALLY REALLY broke- just dropped $3000 on classes, and $600 on books...) student, please, let me know.

Ben Train
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1130 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Ben,

Just to add salt to the wound, I can honestly say that this set is the best DVD for insights into the card muckers world and teaching practical card mucking techniques. I think it would be right up your ally. There is a section on acquitment that is highly relevent to card palming in magic and of itself justifies the price of admission. Its one of the best things I have purchased on DVD in a long time.

Regards,

Paul H
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
As everyone has said this DVD set is excellent and should be a part of your video gambling library. Many of these moves I never knew existed. Great work Mr. Giorgio.

Respectfully,

Doc
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
352 Posts

Profile of Andrei
I concur that it is a great buy. Tony Giorgio is evidently very well experienced, and while his delivery of some of the moves is not the smoothest, it definitely teaches you the subtleties that come with many years of (probably) under fire experience. It's little things that could take a long time to figure out on your own.

..And he tells great stories.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
The gamblers acquitment series of clips shows Tony defining the word "smooth" for the camera.
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
In terms of hand mucking, how is this DVD set compare to George Joseph's Hand Mucking manuscript? I am prepared to get both if the contents are vastly different; despite the fact that gamblersbook.com charges $30 postage for a $20 manuscript..
figpik
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of figpik
For the first time while watching a cheating techniques DVD, I thought that the guy really know his stuff. The way he moves his hands while palming is astonishing. Great great DVD set.
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Apologize for question.

We bought "Ultimate Work" on Gambling Incorporated but design of cover looks like white paper with text... Absolutely not like on Internet page...

Who knows what hell it mean?
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I finally broke down and got this. It is excellent. Easily the most difficult sleight work I've ever played with.

I ALSO received a white paper cover like Stepanov, which looks very different from the ones I see advertised or in stores (my store has them, and they have a beautiful cover). I'm not complaining- the contents is what I was after- but I am curious.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
We get it not only on white paper, but this paper torned on border. Smile
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
Had much fun watching the DVDs; now waiting for the 2nd set to come.

Mine's cover is white paper also, but that didn't bother me.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Consider yourselves lucky with the white paper cover.
Those of us who ordered immediately from Tony upon release got NO cover at all.

A couple of little clear plastic off the shelf DVD protectors.......that's it.......no cover.

WHITE PAPER IS A LUXURY! Smile

This disc continues to amaze me with the stuff that's on it, AND the amount of that stuff that's top shelf.

There are many indications from Tony, both in print and on the DVD's, that this is the first of a series he's planning on releasing.
Something to look forward to and keep an eye out for.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1891 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2008-04-13 19:42, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
I finally broke down and got this. It is excellent. Easily the most difficult sleight work I've ever played with.

I ALSO received a white paper cover like Stepanov, which looks very different from the ones I see advertised or in stores (my store has them, and they have a beautiful cover). I'm not complaining- the contents is what I was after- but I am curious.

Ben

Ben, I hope you don't think the one I sent was a bootleg, because that's exactly how it came... that's why I included the envelope it was sent in... peace

pals
j
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL