The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
I had no clue what you guys were talking about until I searched for stores online which carry the item. I can see that they show a very nice DVD case-type cover, I would have loved to have that.

I ordered mine during the original run, like silverking. Came in small plastic protectors, the DVDs are labeled with off the shelf paper dvd label printed on a bubblejet printer. I've seen much worse. The contents are the thing, and there's gold in them hills.

I am looking forward to seeing what else Mr. Giorgio will come up with in the future.
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
I got the dvd with the white cover too, but I just thought," I'll make my own cover",
just print the picture and then place it on the cover.

Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Inside the cover, there are also these two disc shaped things. Check them out as well (lots of good info). Smile
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Oh, yes, information inside much important than cover... But... Can I ask somebody to make scan from official cover? I promice sending my cover to change. Smile
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
438 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hey guys,
I was considering buying this DVD set but wanted to find out from those of you who own it, is this simply a DVD set that you will just get viewing pleasure from or are any of the techniques and subtleties applicable to card magic? Thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Not much for magic, IMO. But great stuff none the less.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
The introduction of the DVD set begins with Tony saying,

"...I'm merely exposing these moves in an academic way, to show you their applicability to magic. Specifically, I show you how the art of the hand-mucker is applicable to the art of magic."
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
438 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Thanks guys.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
764 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
This dvd set may come across as a bit sedate when viewed but the information is great. It is one of the more satisfying magic or gambling purchases I have made in the last few years. If you want to learn to muck and switch cards, this may be the best resource at the moment.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1860 Posts

Profile of ASW
Yes, I agree. This DVD set is essential.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Someone mentioned that there will be a second DVD set from Tony. Any news about that?
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Kimura
There were emails sent asking about it. Apparently there isn't enough interest in the first DVD to warrant another, which is a crying shame because most everyone in here would love to see it happen.
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Another slant is that people close to Tony don't want the information out, and will do everything to prevent it.

Ian
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think Ian's scenario is more likely to be based somewhere in fact than "not enough sales".

I'm still amazed today at how much actually got tipped on the first DVD.....and the second proposed DVD in the series was going to tip even more difficult to acquire material.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Did anyone here attend his recent lecture in LA? If so, care to kindly divulge what he covered? Unfortunately I couldn't make it.

I'd really like to see more from him. I loved reading his old Genii columns.
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Kimura
It'd be nice to see those columns together in some sort of booklet or something. I've only seen a handful in the last few years, but I assume many of them are pre-Kaufman?
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
When I say 'another slant' what I meant was 'I was told by'...unfortunately I am convinced the chances of the other DVDs coming out are sufficiently molecular as not to be worth worrying about.

If you want to track down the early Giorgio Letters (which were pre-Kaufman, yes) you can register for a month on the Genii online archive and print them all out (one page at a time, but hey).

Take care, Ian
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Ian, how many Giorgio letters are there to read in the Genii archive?
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
They start at the November 1990 issue. Somewhere along the line from there to now, his column is featured less often (maybe once every 4 or 5 issues, versus them being in every issue during the 90's). Each letter is 1 or 2 pages long. They are very interesting to read.

Before this online Genii archive came about, I bought nearly all of these issues from eBay and friends and such, for the sole reason of reading his letters. It was very much worth all the effort.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1860 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2009-12-01 14:07, IanKendall wrote:
Another slant is that people close to Tony don't want the information out, and will do everything to prevent it.

Ian

I just don't see it. Possibly the person closest to Tony is Dave Malek. If Tony wanted to tip, Dave would give him 110% support.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tony Giorgio's DVD set? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL