The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. icue2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I'm a little confused. I'm reading posts about the Virtual Soundman (7.5, for example) but when I go to virtualsoundman.com, they have the icue2. Are they the same? In a performance this last week someone told me they used a "virtual soundman" and they were around $1,000 and they really liked it. Is this the icue2?

Thanks!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
The Virtual Soundman 7.5 is an earlier version of the wireless music controller manufactured by Virtual Soundman Corp. The latest version is the iCue2. (Other models included the Mini VSM and the iCue Duo.)

The Virtual Soundman 7.5 (VSM 7.5) is very nice but the iCue2 is simpler to use and has more features. (I own a VSM 7.5 and an iCue Duo but not the iCue2.)

The iCue2 sells for $799.99 but you'll also have to have an iPod, a Sony MiniDisc recorder or a remote control enabled Sony CD player.

According to the website, they have a few refurbished iCue2 units for $599.99.

Michael
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
They're not the same thing. As mentioned, the iCue2 is MUCH simpler to use. Even easier (although you need an external numeric display) is the MiCue (mini-iCue). You should get one of the refurbished iCue2 units while they're available if that's the type thing you would use in performance. I have one and use one faithfully! My iCue2 PA is on order, too! That's the way to go if you don't want to worry about having an extra speaker/amp to worry about. Everything's packed into one small, lightweight package that has a mic stand mount on the bottom. I'm a technical idiot, but even I can work this thing, and there's nothing simpler than using an iPod (I'd never owned one prior to getting my iCue2) and setting up your show tracks using the "on the go" playlist. Takes about 10 seconds and you can have unlimited "OTG" playlists, too for different shows.

Steve
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Thank you guys for clearing that up! I'm looking at the icue2, they look great!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Can't beat that price on one of the refurbished units!

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. icue2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL