The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Outrageous dice stacking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
That bit with the cards is amazing. I'd hate to play Yahtzee with him!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Doesn't this dopey kid know you are supposed to use a fancy imported leather dice cup?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Ahhhh the benefits of a mis-spent youth! The kid is good!
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
He probably needs to get out more. Smile Fun to watch though.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anyone know how to reach him?
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Pete, you can send him a message on youtube. You may have to register to do it, but you can send messages to people on youtube.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks, will try (I am registered).

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:15am
He's Thomas Fischbach, lives in Germany.
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Pete; I got interested in this. From my research I bought Todd Strongs DVD, Book and dice stacking set. I believe I found it thru the School for Scoundrels web site. Whit and Chef have other examples there as well.

John
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks will maybe see Whit at lunch todday and check.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Pete,
After you get the knack, there's not much else to learn.
I learned from the Todd Strong DVD. I watched and could not do it. for about 20 minutes one late evening. I went to bed disgusted with myself and was probably cursing your name among others.

Then I woke up in the morning, and stacked on my first try. Then I sang everybody's praises.

Extreme Dice Stacking is good too. Those are the 2 I would recommend.

With all the YouTube stuff out there to get ideas from you don't need much else to show off but little of that stuff is magical. Great for building a crowd perhaps or showing off at the school Cafétorium but that's about it.

Making dice stacking magical is easy. Think chop cup.
Color changes
Pip Predictions
Jumbo loads
Liquid Loads
Handful of tiny dice loads

Barry Govan has a great routine that is reminiscent of David Roth's "Purse and Glass" routine.

Toss in Paul Gertner's "Triple Die Lemma" , Sacks Dice, and you'll look like a master dicematicion.

The only thing I've seen that was real junk is the chopped dice cup by Brad Manuel.
A very poor quality cup. Espeically for the price. The work on the chopped die is completely visible.

I've been getting great feedback on my new plastic lined leather cup. One of my customers ended up buying 6 of them, he liked them so much.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I've been stacking dice and doing magical bits with it for 30 or more years. It's a friend that wants a dvd.

MY problem is arthritis in my wrist.. Makes it hurt big time.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yeah, I know. So tell him to get the Todd Strong DVD and accoutrements and he'll be set.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Wow, this kid is amazing. I particularly like the juggling bit at the end. The first time through, when he did it at full speed, was particularly good, in that it was deceptive. The juggling moves misdirected me from the dice on the table, creating the impression that he was juggling the cup and ALL the dice, and stacking them "on the fly". It wasn't until he slowed it down that I realized that there was only one airborne die, with the rest waiting on the tabletop. I just ordered a dice cup and some razor edge dice the other day, with the intention of finally learning to stack. Now I'm considering selling them, and they haven't even arrived yet!
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
I'd never been to keen on dice stacking, maybe due to being a bit naive, but this changes my perspective, it looks incredible, fun and different! Something to look into I think....
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You should see the routine that Camilo (from Spain) does. More magical, less juggling look.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 13:30, Pete Biro wrote:
You should see the routine that Camilo (from Spain) does. More magical, less juggling look.

My first attempt was very magical looking, Pete. I put 2 dice on the table, tried to scoop them up in the cup, shot them across the room, at which point one vanished completely. How's that for magical?
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 13:30, Pete Biro wrote:

Thanks Pete, Can it be found/seen online? I had no luck...?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I doubt it. He did it at the Magic Castle when he was here in L.A. (and part of it visiting Dean Dill's).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Outrageous dice stacking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL