The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Frisbee - Nathan Kranzo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
245 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
Nathan,

Can I get the same deal as Magic 777, only kidding I have never had to resale anything I have gotten from you.

I have already ordered it, an did so only because over the years you have been so kind to share your thinking behind what you have created.

John
Make Everyday Magical
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Are the frisbees actually thrown into the audience? If so, is that safe?
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
On 2007-11-18 20:32, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Magic777 I have a very special offer just for you!

If this sounds like something you are interested in go ahead and click buy now. Then work on the effect and try it in front of a live audience. If you aren't happy with it I will give YOU a full refund.

Now there is NO risk.

All the best,

Kranzo

Good job Nathan. That should satisfy EVERYBODY. Very impressive.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
On 2007-11-19 11:32, bsears wrote:
Are the frisbees actually thrown into the audience? If so, is that safe?

I think so Brett. I think I read somewhere that they are a soft frisbee that can be folded into your pocket. Nathan will correct me if I am wrong.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
That is correct. Alternately you COULD use baseballs or even rocks...but the special soft Frisbees I provide are recommended.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4453 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Derren Brown uses frisbees in his live stage show, always has in each different show he puts together...,sometimes uses teddy bears, but they don't get the distance he is after at times, so uses frisbees. He uses rubber ring frisbees, the fact people know they are coming, and the fact that he isn't completley launching them as fast as he can into the audience helps, he gives it a flick of the wrist and I have never seen, nor heard of him hurting anyone with throwing a frisbee into the audience
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-11-19 13:18, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
That is correct. Alternately you COULD use baseballs or even rocks...but the special soft Frisbees I provide are recommended.

All the best,

Kranzo

I agree with that...Safety First. Smile

Cheers!

Nick V.

P.S. Nate, Thanks for the Karma Test piece on myspace...Pretty Cool.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Copperfield too uses Frisbees and has for some time.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I just ordered this... my birthday is Dec. 13... timing should be almost perfect... happy b-day to me...

oh, and Kranzo, just in case, I totally want that money back guarantee Smile

nah, I'm sure I'll be satisfied!
Mike
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2007-11-17 09:06, johncesta wrote:
I get tired of "inventing" EVERYTHING I do.

John,

Do you mean you have only performed Hemisphere all these years? Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11715 Posts

Profile of John C
Ahh, you like Hemispheres huh? Smile

Hey, thomas edison used the light bulb over and over didn't he?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I have noticed Nathan's output radically increasing as of late.

Is he the next Jay Sankey?
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
245 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
It would be a sad day if that happened Smile More then likely he is removing things from his act and adding new effects he has come up with.

John
Make Everyday Magical
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Quote:
How does this relate to the thread? Well as a potential buyer, one is NOT entitled to Nathan's full idea before buying. One is NOT entitled to know what is his ending, and one is NOT entitled to an online demo performance of the effect.

A consumer may not be ENTITLED to a fair description of the product they intend to purchase... oh wait... yes they are... by federal law. That's what Consumer Protection is all about. In fact, there's a thing called consumer fraud, in which a business portrays their product as something it is not.

I wouldn't buy a BMW without ever seeing it on some vague description that "it's a BMW, of course you'll like it". I wouldn't buy a new operating system from Microsoft based on some vague description of it being the super-dooper, bestest ever operating system... and hey, Microsoft puts it out!

I'm sorry, but a merchant's right to make money doesn't outweigh a consumer's right to a fair idea of what he is getting.

That said, the consumer is always able to exercise the ultimate power over the merchant... the power to choose to say NO to vague decriptions and simply not buy it.

This effect sounds cool, but I have several chests full of effects that sound cool. Nowadays, unless something I hear a good review... I don't buy it. Be an informed consumer!
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Sorry JohnCressman, but that post didn't real say anything.

Quote:
A consumer may not be ENTITLED to a fair description of the product they intend to purchase... oh wait... yes they are... by federal law. That's what Consumer Protection is all about. In fact, there's a thing called consumer fraud, in which a business portrays their product as something it is not.

A vague description is not fraud.

Quote:
I wouldn't buy a BMW without ever seeing it on some vague description that "it's a BMW, of course you'll like it". I wouldn't buy a new operating system from Microsoft based on some vague description of it being the super-dooper, bestest ever operating system... and hey, Microsoft puts it out!...
This effect sounds cool, but I have several chests full of effects that sound cool. Nowadays, unless something I hear a good review... I don't buy it. Be an informed consumer!

Again, this has already been said... and if nobody buys it, how are you going to hear reviews? Someone has to buy it.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but a merchant's right to make money doesn't outweigh a consumer's right to a fair idea of what he is getting.

That said, the consumer is always able to exercise the ultimate power over the merchant... the power to choose to say NO to vague decriptions and simply not buy it.

Again, this is what Brad(truthteller) said all along. It's still not fraud and doesn't mean that Nathan owes anybody anything.

Randi
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Why the huge argument over this? there are those of us that bought, and we're all sure we're gonna be happy...

also, I popped over to http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/shop/rights.shtm to see if they had their "magicians rights as pertaining to the description of magic and illusion effects being sold by someone who is totally selling the secret to someone who totally knows they're buying a secret but seems to be upset 'cause just maybe they don't know the secret and might have to pay for it."

That section isn't up yet.

Anyway. I promise to review this as soon as I get it (just like everyone else who ordered it)
Mike
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I had an idea...
I created some new words...

JUMPER: A person that takes the plunge and buys a magic trick/effect/video/book without any review. They jump in and test the water.

BANKER: A person who waits for a review of a magic trick/effect/video/book before buying. They wait on the bank for the jumper to say if the water is safe or not.

Randi
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Cute.

I like the new terms.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Brad, I understand your points about some people just looking to get something for free. That being said

You say that a seller (you used the word creator) owes his potential customer nothing? Do you really believe that?

As stated previously the consumer has the ultimate power, they have the money. A wise consumer should ask questions before buying right? Not to do so would be foolish wouldn't you agree?.

If a seller isn't willing to answer questions from consumers then OBVIOUSLY the consumer should move on and that seller will quickly leave the marketplace due to lack of consumers.

And there is your answer isn't it?

A seller OWES a potential customer a reasonable explanantion of what a product is to have any buyers.

To me it is a shared responsibility by BOTH parties. The customer has to ask questions AND the seller must be willing to answer them if he wants to sell.

Nathan is a class guy and he has listened to the marketplace.

They asked for a better description- he gave them one

They asked more questions- he is willing to answer all privately, a sales call of sorts, good move there.

He now offers a money back guarantee- GREAT MOVE

So you see Brad the marketplace works.

The burden to sell is (by definition) on the seller not the buyer.

The other thing you missed is that we do buy methods. The creator has the obligation to research his method before bringing it to the marketplace wouldn't you agree? Why is that? If a creator brought something to the marketplace as new and it was similiar someone else's what recommendation would you give it in a review? Would you expose the method to illustrate your point? Oh wait you already did that. So I guess methods really aren't important to you. Moot point.

The truth Brad is that our marketplace is filled with methods, new moves and new applications. The creator has ALL the responsibility to insure the product is good.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11715 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 16:08, JTW wrote:
Brad, I understand your points about some people just looking to get something for free. That being said

You say that a seller (you used the word creator) owes his potential customer nothing? Do you really believe that?

If a seller isn't willing to answer questions from consumers then OBVIOUSLY the consumer should move on and that seller will quickly leave the marketplace due to lack of consumers.

And there is your answer isn't it?

A seller OWES a potential customer a reasonable explanantion of what a product is to have any buyers.

Brad said the seller OWES the buyer nothing and he/she doesn't. This is true. I agree. If the seller wants to go out of business that's their decision. They OWE nothing.

And, furthermore, magic tricks are different. Most of the descriptions revolve around what the audience will see ...

"Imagine being able to walk on stage and throw out five frisbees, hitting people in the head, knocking drinks into their laps, and spilling their popcorn." (a joke of course I bought this effect!)

Like I mentioned in an earlier post. If a NONAME was selling an effect for $149.00 I would never buy it sight unseen. Never. I would wait for a review. But Nathan isn't a no name. When you build a reputation the last thing you want is to ruin it. It's too hard to build one in the first place and even harder if not impossible to rebuild one ... look at OJ!

But seriously. Brad is right technically. The seller doesn't OWE anyone anything!
Here's my product ... take it or leave it. It depends on who you are as to how much you can get away with. A noname probably won't be too successful with that approach.

I bought Mental Frisbee. I can't wait.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Frisbee - Nathan Kranzo (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL