The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canada is Americas Hat. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
...Said the dinosaur as the first snowflake fell...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Joey...this is a joke thread...who's gullable? Corona's from the UK...what do they know except they lost both our countries and is about to lose another. (Look up most popular new baby names in UK. ouch.)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Old Zealand (Intelligent intelligence)Empire will prevail and will colonize all your countries by 2014.

Rule O.Z.I.I.E.!
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 11:12, gsidhe wrote:
Does that make Mexico Americas Beard?
Hrm...
Gwyd

Mexico is right around our wallet. I would like to get them all the way down under the foot.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
To be fair, the Amero coins are real, at least, they're as real as the Wyoming: The Empty Rectangle State coins. The North American union on the other hand...

Hmmm...it would be fun to use these in a coin routine. If no one asks, don't say anything. If someone asks, just shrug and casually mention they're the new currency for the new North American union.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I want Gold now.

ok?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 18:03, Scott Cram wrote:
To be fair, the Amero coins are real, at least, they're as real as the Wyoming: The Empty Rectangle State coins. The North American union on the other hand...

Hmmm...it would be fun to use these in a coin routine. If no one asks, don't say anything. If someone asks, just shrug and casually mention they're the new currency for the new North American union.

LOL True international cooperation--with 100% USA iconography.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2908 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 22:44, Joey Stalin wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 21:50, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Just in case this one goes flat.

You speak as if it hasn't done so already...

OOOOOOOOOHHHH He went there! Excellent.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
The Amero....

The delusional have had similar rants on this bit of foolishness before.

The facts on currency are simple. The Reserve has printed waaaaay to much currency and has kept the interest rates too low for too long. Over 50% of our greenbacks are in foreign countries. In conflict regions US currency is the favored currency hidden in mattresses, inside walls and is the most accepted for border crossing bribes, buying arms and food. The British pound is second, but, the Euro hasn't yet reached that status. At this point in history the US probably has less than 500 billion circulating inside it's borders; we don't depend on cash. We have been too reliant on credit for everything; including purchases under five dollars. Personal responsibility on how to manage credit is tough for those who have trouble with basic math. Some have obviously learned math from the same folks who educated our congress.
With that, why would the Federal Reserve switch to a new (cooperative) form of currency when credit cards cost little to nothing for banks, are fully automatic, works in every civilized country, plays into impulsiveness and is the key to our economic boom over the last thirty years? Not to mention the fact that bankruptcies are an acceptable business risk, so long as, they are kept between the margins.
POOF!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 18:03, Scott Cram wrote:

Mildly amusing they are "for the new North American union", but their patterns appear to be U.S. - specific (e.g., the bald eagle and lady liberty are traditional U.S. symbols).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
We all know that brains fit under the hat......

>>sits down quietly in the corner and takes off white gloves. :O)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Chrystal...that has already been postuilated...twice...are you in Mexico today?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Rather than hat, it should be touque.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The entirety of the United States of the future.

It could be a bit clearer, but you get the idea.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 12:31, Doug Higley wrote:

Corona's from the UK...what do they know except they lost both our countries and is about to lose another. (Look up most popular new baby names in UK. ouch.)

I did a google search, the most popular names (top 20) in the UK in 2006 were these:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/specials/babiesnames_boys.asp

# Jack
# Thomas
# Joshua
# Oliver
# Harry
# James
# William
# Samuel
# Daniel
# Charlie
# Benjamin
# Joseph
# Callum
# George
# Jake
# Alfie
# Luke
# Matthew
# Ethan
# Lewis

So I'm not sure what you are ouching about? Is the 2007 list going to be so very different?

Anyway, your comment reminded me of this story hot off the presses ... the most popular new baby names in the USA (not that the results are surprising, as the Hispanic demographic in the States is steadily increasing):

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/17/us/17s......f=slogin

In case you can't access the link:

In U.S. Name Count, Garcias Are Catching Up With Joneses

Step aside Moore and Taylor. Welcome Garcia and Rodriguez.

Smith remains the most common surname in the United States, according to a new analysis released yesterday by the Census Bureau. But for the first time, two Hispanic surnames — Garcia and Rodriguez — are among the top 10 most common in the nation, and Martinez nearly edged out Wilson for 10th place.

The number of Hispanics living in the United States burgeoned by 58 percent in the 1990s to nearly 13 percent of the total population, and cracking the list of top 10 names suggests just how pervasively the Latino migration has permeated everyday American culture.

Garcia moved to No. 8 in 2000, up from No. 18, and Rodriguez jumped to No. 9 from 22nd place. The number of Hispanic surnames among the top 25 doubled, to 6.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep

and in UK look up Mohamed (in different spellings) for NEW names being given.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Woohoo. George has come back into fashion.

There's a Canadian comic called Mike Wilmot who always gets a laugh ,from a British audience, with the following line about his homeland:
"The land of no specific enemy. We are number 668, the neighbour of the beast"

George
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
OOps you are right Doug, funny us Canadians had the same thoughts. (smiles sweetly)

Back to the topic...the stupiest question I was ever asked was this ..."Do you speak Canadian?"

C
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
And you answered?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Canadian is like American, but dude they put lots of extra words in their stuff, like I mean they say stuff like "eh".

The they says stuff that aint right like "aboot". Word. I was kickin' it wit my homies and one of dem aksed me a kweshun. I was all like dem Canadians don't know nuttin!

I put a sentence or two into my "Stereotypical Ebonics translator" (Which I own the patent to, once I apply for the patent) and it came out with that.... Those stereotypical people are funny, because they're all alike

My god my spell check just went nuts.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canada is Americas Hat. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL