The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dekolta chair w/deceptive steps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Does anyone here use a dekolta chair with deceptive steps? We like the dekolta chair, and want an illusion where someone can vanish and reappear in the audience...

or does anyone have an better ideas? we're looking to build, not purchase, so please don't suggest some 12,000 dollar elaborate set-up Smile.

Thanks!
Mike
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Somewhere among the Osborne Illusion plans is what he calls DeKolta Jr. (I think). I know it was published in Genii (not sure what issue).

It offers an alternate exit path to the typical. Your idea of using deceptive steps is quite feasible, too.

Depending on the stage, a B/A set up at the back edge of a platform could offer an exit path, too.

~michael

EDIT: I just happened to put my hand on another issue of Genii (June 2001) that has Osborne's idea, only here it is called, DeKolta sneak.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I think a few years ago, Abbott's built a DeKolta Chair with steps. You may wish to check with them to see what plans are available.
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
I own a DeKolta chair, and I think the deceptive chairs would be a great addition to it. It would be an easier method than I now use.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I use the chair in with various methods. The best is always to use t**p of course. I also built a platform and have steps. I also have a base method but the downside is she cannot reappear. Although I think it is not as good I have had many audiences like the fact that she does not come back. For me it all depends on the situation I am in as to what method I will use. I prefer the first two to the last one but sometimes you don't always have the most optimum conditions to work in.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I use the chair in with various methods. The best is always to use t**p of course. I also built a platform and have steps. I also have a base method but the downside is she cannot reappear. Although I think it is not as good I have had many audiences like the fact that she does not come back. For me it all depends on the situation I am in as to what method I will use. I prefer the first two to the last one but sometimes you don't always have the most optimum conditions to work in.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dekolta chair w/deceptive steps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL