The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bibles restricted again by China...YES they are. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Folks,

From a punks point of view, Old Man Higley knows everything.

He is right when he's wrong (he's never wrong), Higley is a god.

All knowing and perfect.



The psudeo son of the above mentioned,
Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
_________________________________________
E-mail:
BrettELoudermilk@gmail.com
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2007-11-15 19:48, balducci wrote:

Well, I guess we have different definitions of untrue and inaccurate.


No, we more than likely have the same definition. I think you misunderstand where it goes in an argument.

You believe Doug's link was inaccurate because the post you believe is accurate says something different. You need indefectible proof if you want to call someone out, and not have the favor returned.

What you have is a link that says something different, unless you are there, who you believe is a matter of faith, not facts. Conviction, doesn't attest to accuracy. So truth and accuracy do not really have anything to do with it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha. Holy crap Josh. Norm Crosby jr. But yeah...what you said.

John: You know that Stuffed shirt was Faux. Does look good on you though. Balducci's will itch.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-15 23:15, Josh Riel wrote:

No, we more than likely have the same definition. I think you misunderstand where it goes in an argument.

You believe Doug's link was inaccurate because the post you believe is accurate says something different.

No, that's not the case at all. Fact is fact. Accuracy is accuracy. It has nothing to do with who has a better link.

Anyone interested in the subject can do their own research to determine whether or not bibles were banned at the time in question from the forthcoming Olympics. Anyone who bothers to do the research with know that the original post was inaccurate. If anyone wants to call me a stuffed shirt because I am a stickler for truth and justice, well, go ahead and knock yourself out.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Everyone here seems to have many opinions about a country they have never visited and their information seems to come from online sources rather than actual experience. Don't underestimate the Chinese ability to oppress.
There is no way in which to confirm either position. China says they executed 1000 people last year but many reliable sources think the figure is closer to 8000. Who is wrong?
I didn't expect Josh to post so wisely but that is exactly my point.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
"Fact" is rarely the facts. Your facts, be they right or wrong are delivered to you by a source you choose to believe. You must rely on those sources being correct. This is inherently fallible. You can check a hundred sites and sources that agree with your facts and that doesn't make them accurate.

If all of the "facts" were in fact factual.... there would be no question. There is question, so therefore the possibility of inaccuracy exists.

It's tough to absorb in one sitting, so I'll leave this right here so everyone can come back and read it a few times.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know quite a bit about China and have done business with them for over 20 years, that being said I'm not a fan.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"Accuracy is accuracy. It has nothing to do with who has a better link."

It was the SAME link! Same page I linked to that had the info you say was inaccurate is the ame link you reference for what you say IS accurate...Good grief.

"And the policy wasn't just announced, it is the same policy China has had in effect for a number of years (since at least 2006 (but probably even before that), according to one of the links on the page Doug referred us to)."

and

"You should look at the website Doug linked to, and see the reader comments there:"


So uh...lets see...oh...never mind.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 00:44, abc wrote:
Everyone here seems to have many opinions about a country they have never visited and their information seems to come from online sources rather than actual experience.

I tend to believe my niece and nephew, who do have first hand experience. And I have other sources of information, not just "online" as so many of you are assuming.

I'm not saying China is a paradise, far from it. But there is also a lot of misinformation being spread around (like this bible at the olympics story), and it does no one any good to let these things pass without correction.

And I would not have even posted in this thread had it not been for Doug's original "Neener. Told ya so." taunt at the start of this thread.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I love my nieces and Nephews... But information they might give me regarding information that was given them..... sigh.


Quote:
But there is also a lot of misinformation being spread around (like this bible at the Olympics story), and it does no one any good to let these things pass without correction.


You believe your information, therefore you logically believe its right. Unfortunately there is no real evidence for or against, so you may be spreading misinformation.

Doug's neener neener was because of this thread By that malice filled Rossmacre Smile , so I don't see how the "Neener neener" even affected you.

Doug, I got your back
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 01:35, Josh Riel wrote:

I love my nieces and Nephews... But information they might give me regarding information that was given them..... sigh.

Who said anything about information "being given" to my niece and nephew? They both went to China to do missionary work (3 separate trips in total). They both took in multiple copies of the Bible. Case closed.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
To the Olympics? They took bibles to the upcoming Olympics? So they have intimate knowledge of how this particular situation is presently being handled in China? Is there some sort of quantifiable evidence that China would not change policies for special events?

And you misunderstand the nature of fact. If I accept what you say based on the "Case Closed" I would be quite foolish. That would be hearsay, actually hearsay of hearsay.... I feel sorry for the sucker that's gonna hear it from me, it's like a chain letter. And we all throw those away.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've noticed that people who go any place as missionaries come back with happy stories about where ever they went. I'm afraid I don't give much credence to them. You can send people to hell to be missionaries and they'll come back and say "the demons were very good to us and eager to hear the word of the Lord". Anyone going into that kind of work already is a bit whacked to begin with. When I was overseas the only people we caught stealing from us were the missionaries, a lot of them were nuts and their churches stopped supporting them and they just went back on their own. Note this does not apply to most of those who belong to a church based out of Utah who do their two years and move on....except my old clerk who went and thought he was writing a new book for the bible and spent his time ratting out other missionaries.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Josh, reread what I wrote earlier. You are (inadvertently, no doubt) confusing several different lines of conversation here. My comments about my relatives had to do with people being able to take multiple copies of the Bible into China, without much difficulty and within reason.

The discussion about Bibles being allowed at the Olympics is another (albeit related) matter, and the facts of that matter that can be checked by anyone so inclined to do so.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Are these bibles written in Chinese?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
OK...I get it...we are dealing with a student computer project or a northern form of A.I.
The Only answer. Only a computer (sans bio input) would consider 'Neener' a personal attack. Oh wait...do they have Democrats in Canada?


I came close to getting Religion moments ago...Josh understands me...(Bites wrist)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Worse, Doug: I understand Josh.

It's like we're all one step away from taking hot showers together, except for somehow Balducci keeps stealing our towels.

I may have to kill myself for the third time this week.

Where's the soap on a rope, anyway?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 07:49, Doug Higley wrote:
. Oh wait...do they have Democrats in Canada?



If we did, they'd be laughed out of the country as right-wing lunatics. Smile

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha...John! DON'T make me come out in public and laugh at your stuff! I have my image...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I just realized you said "Neener" Doug! Although my prior post seemed to recognize it, I would prefer to ignore that and take offense at it now (I am a Democrat).

But, I'm not done with the other thing.... wait for it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bibles restricted again by China...YES they are. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL