The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Chair Suspension on the market?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Hi Gang,

Need advice. If money were no object, what is the most solid, convincing and durable Chair Suspension rig on the market today? What's your pick?

Currently own a Broom Suspension and Wiggs' Aerial Animation but are often in venues where our props must remain on platform post-show where curious spectators sometimes snoop. Try as we like, it can't always be controlled. The Chair Suspension seems like the best pick for these situations.

I know this has probably been covered in this forum but the search engine doesn't seem to like me today.

Appreciate your help!
Kerry
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I PM'd you Kerry...Bill Smith's Harbin style Chair suspension, if money is no option, probably would be the way to go...
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
Hands down--Bill Smith's Harbin Chair Suspension
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I have bill smith , very diceptive worked till the last detail.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have heard that the Bill Smith version, while excellent, is quite heavy. Is this so?
blakeherridge
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of blakeherridge
How much does the harbin chair suspension cost
scooter3333
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of scooter3333
Harbin is $500-$1200. Two models out their depending on weight you want it to handle. Check Hank Lee for stats.
scooter3333
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of scooter3333
Clearly no points for grammar on that post. Please substitue "there" where appropriate.
newsmaya
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of newsmaya
I suggest you one indian name of manufacturer magician a.kant his chair susupensipn is is very remerakebel becose so many asian and european magician are used their props as per our knowledge
NEWSMAYA
MAGIC MAGAZINE FROM INDIA

newsmaya@yahoo.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
You will need to contact Bill Smith to get current price, but when I inquired about the suspension back in September it was $3250 which included an ATA case. This quality at it's best...
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
I believe the cost with ATA cases and video is $3500 but worth every penny. Yes it is on the heavy side but that is one of the reasons why Bill Smiths is the safest Chair Suspension made. No need to worry about spectators toppling over with this prop and the amazing thing is the chairs look so light weight. This prop is Superior Quality!

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
You guys are the best! Got me to the bottom line in record time. Thank you one and all.

A couple of you have PMed me - thanks for going the extra mile.

I did Google for a pix of the Smith/Harbin rig. Couldn't find a pix on Smith's site. Finally found a snap at elmagicshop.com (priced there at 3K). Does anybody know of a demo video online? I'd like to see it in action before dropping that kind of cash. I want to check out deflection, smoothness, etc.

While searching I was terribly dismayed to find an exposure article on this item along with a physics diagram on wiki. Arrg. Most people would probably never find it unless they knew the exact name to search under, but still...

Again, gratitude all around!
Kerry
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Anyone have a video link to somebody performing Bill Smith's model?
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Last spring I purchased a very nice chair suspension from Hocus Pocus for around $1000. It is very solid and came with a nice carry bag. Now I am not saying it is comparable to the Bill Smith model but it is vastly better than the other $450 models on the market. I found Paul and Tony very good to deal with and they answered all of my questions. This is not an item that they normally carry and they were only going to get five of these in. Total weight of this suspension is around 60 pounds which for carrying back and forth to shows was much more appealing than the 100+ weight of the Bill Smith version. I have used this in a number of shows and am 100% satisfied with my purchase.

Have a nice day!!!

Walking Bob in Iowa
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
One of the bill smith fetures , it is taler then all the others , because it is made for an audult and the hock up can be done while every body is waching in a very deceptive maner .
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1718 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Wayne Rogers-Inventor, Magician,Dealer in NZ has used the Harbin Chair Suspension for years with some real Weighty Subjects

I think he used to have a video on his website with show highlights including this effect-search on google for waynes site

Its solidly made & will last forever, great effect
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
Bill Smith's is the BEST.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I have owned several versions and the best was Bill Smiths. I used it on cruise ships and it was the ONLY one that could handle the weight and is by far the best quality on the market.

Wayne Rogers built his from the original plans from the Harbin Book probably over 30 years ago and still uses the same one. I think Wayne's is on par with Bill Smiths. Any illusion that can go through thousands of shows and still hold up means it was very well built and Waynes certainly does that.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Chair Suspension on the market?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL