The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I miss America.

For the last several years I have gone back home to visit my sisters for Thanksgiving. This year I can't go. And I'm quite depressed about it.

Thanksgiving is great for several things: Turkey and Sam Adams and Football and Family and...

PIE.

There is no pie in Germany. None. Nothing even close.

And I love pie.

My favorite isn't even real pie. My absolute favorites are Hostess cherry pies. A friend of mine recently returned from the States and brought me FOUR Hostess cherry pies. Had she wanted, I would have cheated on my wife right there and then, because the woman brought me cherry pies. Yes, I'm cheap and disturbed. But the woman brought me pies.

Cherry, apple, mincemeat, pumpkin, custard, whatever....pie is...from GOD!

Pie is even better than Haiku.

In a perfect world, all of my friends at the Café would send me a Hostess cherry pie now and then, not because they love me, but because they respect pie and what it represents.

If Doug can have an annual Fruity Pebbles thread, we can have at least one thread--just this one time--about the virtues of pie.

Especially since I'm going to be staying in Germany for Thanksgiving. Without pie.

If you feel sorry for me, say "AMEN!" If you don't...well...just go eat some pie.

Jeff
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
AMEN.

I was trying to find you some sort of local pie shop in Germany run by American ex-patriots, or some mail order service that could sell and ship you pies, but I found this instead:

http://stoneunhinged.wordpress.com/2006/......spart-5/

You really do love those Hostess Cherry pies.

How about German chocolate or German plum pies? Are they not at all like pies back home?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Plum pies suck. As I said, there aren't really any pies any Germany. They have cake, like the Brits.

Maybe Canadians and Americans disagree about (abote) a few things, but pies in North American are sweet and not savory, and have things like apples and not kidneys in them.

Can you possibly imagine a Hostess Kidney Pie?

No Balducci, they are not at all like the pies back home.

Do they have Hostess cherry pies in Canada?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I had cake in Germany. It was a meat cake. It was white and had a sausage like taste filling and same taste outside.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Some anarchists gave me soup in Frankfurt and made me sleep in a train carriage in the woods, I didn't see any pies.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Truth be told there is NOTHING on this planet better than PIE. It IS the big bang.
Apple, Coconut, Choicolate Cream, Boysenbeery, BLueberry...I could (and try) to live on PIE. Fruity Pebbles are just a diversion to protect the PIE.

Yes, even the Meat Pies! mmm mmm mmm

Stone...I'll bake you a killer Sweet Potatoe Pie...watch for it.
OH and sorry Jeff...it is obvious Corona and Matt are out of control.
I'm afraid I can't post here anymore lest I be painted with the same brush as the roses.

Sad I know. Such fine lads.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Jeff, why can't you bake some?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
In the Uk there is a conspiracy to pass Yams off as sweet potatoes, I have written to the newspapers and my local MP to no avail.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I want pie!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
My favourite Canadian pie is tourtière. Sadly, we've been out of passenger pigeon for a few years, but pork is nice, too.

If you insist on sweet pies, I like saskatoon.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I'm going to say; "Desperate Dan"

Just to provide the missing link to the raison d'etre of Matt and Corona: talking about cows.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Magic George is Matt Colman and Corona Smith...

George.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Yes I are.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Heres our bills.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 18:17, stoneunhinged wrote:

Do they have Hostess cherry pies in Canada?

Gotta be honest, I don't know. I'll check the Safeway tomorrow for them.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL