We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fire In The Hole / An insane T&R card restauration by Huron Low (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Huron Lows killer T&R card DVD 'Fire In The Hole' is finally going to be released this month!

Huron came up with 5 brilliant Torn and Restored card plots which are going to be released together with his most anticipated torn and restored card effect that is the highlight of the DVD. A flash restoration using a pyro paper 'granade' called 'Fire In The Hole'. He offers the original plus 2 varations of this effect which are instant killers and magician foolers. Here the scenario of version 3 which is my favourite: The magician produces a little booklet reading 'Time Bombs' which he hands to a spectator. A card get's 'freely' selected (no force) and signed on the back top and bottom by 'two' spectators. The magicians writes the date and time on the face, produces an exacto knife and clearly cuts out one of the signatures leaving a large hole in the card. The spectator varifies that it's his (signature) and the magician puts the cut out piece in his pocket. He opens the small 'Time Bombs' booklet, takes out a 'pyro granade' and places it over the cut out hole with the missing signature, produces a lighter and ignites the pyro which literally fuses and restores the card with the missing signature in a flash. The card is handed out immediately for examination....Instant Death !

Here the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxCG7TB0-Yg

Preorder starts 11.22.07
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
The card literally fuses, huh?
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Looks like it could be something, but dang I am weary of the 90s era MTV editing that never gives a clear view of what's really going on.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Looks promising - but in this age of video editing . . . .
Cards never lie
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I think it looks really good, I was looking forward to Holy Grail and TnR... but ive decided that I'm going for this (well the set).

Im glad to see something fresh in the T&R plot.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
There's no reason to be doubtful. I'd keep my eyes open for Huron in the future if I were you.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Hey guys this is the second trailer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CEZ_Mz8Yy78

Everything you see in the trailers is accurate.
Thanks for posting this up Silvio!

Huron Low
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Thanks!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Please tell me what public place allows fire these days?
I would go to jail and not pass go for that.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love choppy trailers that are edited to confuse. I HATE when Magcians just show a clear performance.

I hope the next trailer I see shows only the feet of the spectators and magcians as the SCREAMS from the audience will make me want to purchase the effect!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
I thought some of that stuff looked pretty neat. I really didn't get what was going on in the first trailor though. I enjoyed the second one more.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 01:00, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I love choppy trailers that are edited to confuse. I HATE when Magcians just show a clear performance.

I hope the next trailer I see shows only the feet of the spectators and magcians as the SCREAMS from the audience will make me want to purchase the effect!

If you're insisting on a 100% clear performance, an old one can be found here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irwt0TrO0_0

Personally I think that if you got the chance, why not take it? If you are able to make a good-looking video and a quality product, why sit in your living room talking to a camera? Also, a lot of magicians only perform effects because they like the mechanics, not the way it looks. When people include color-changes in videos, how come they only show the actual change, not the stealing of the card into a palm? Because the steling is irrelevant and the effect is what's important. I think the effect is quite obvious out of this video.

Also, you know there's no way to misdirect a camera. As they say, no chain is stronger than it's weakest link. I know for a fact that if some magicians figure this out from the Demo-video, they're not going to buy it despite liking it. I think editing certain parts out for magicians is the only way to keep a lot of magicians away from stealing your stuff.

I've seen all of the versions of T&R's included, and the methods are very well-thought over and the effect of each one rocks. Huron is a great mind in magic and I'd support him all I could if I were you.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17178 Posts

Profile of joseph
I also want to wait for the new Bich TnR reviews....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Hey guys, 4 years ago a lot of people got excited about it, and I didn't wanna release it back then. I also didn't have adequate equipment to make a quality DVD.

Rumours went round about the Fire in the Hole DVD in production and I received countless emails about it... and all I can say is, for those who have been waiting for it, here it is now...and more.

Thanks for your excitement and support over the last few years.

I apologize for taking so long to release it and whilst I am sincerely puzzled that there is such a lack of response on this forum compared to others, I can understand that some of you think that what you see is video editing due to the visual nature of the effects.

I assure you that what you see is absolutely accurate.

That is definitely an easy claim to make and those who don't know me. However those who know me and the workings behind the effects have made reputations with them.

Also, do watch the "Four" DVD trailer again
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CEZ_Mz8Yy78

I apologise for it being so quick but you'll probably notice things you didn't notice the first time like the visually shifting corner, the bite-out card, the no cover gradual restoration and the mismatched piece-by-piece.

There's much more information at
http://huronlow.com/shop/index.php?targe......uct_id=3

I will put up a new trailer that shows more DVD excerpts soon.

Thanks for understanding, and the products are now available at http://www.HuronLow.com.

Huron Low
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
$40 for one trick... It's a great trick, no doubt. But, $40?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yeah the price is a little steep for my taste. I'm sure it looks great. I've seen the demo. Nice reactions.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

That's cheap for a great TnR routine. When Kenner was going to release Torn Asunder a few years ago it was going to cost $500.00. Quite a few people were going to buy it before he pulled the plug on it because of rights issues.

Nowadays there are even superior TnR plots on the market and Fire In The Hole belongs right there to the top. I met Huron here in Los Angeles where we shot all of the plots. Besides that Huron is a Gentleman and awesome flourisher he definatively takes his time and makes shure that all the nooks and cranies are ironed out before he releases an effect. It took him five years to accomplish all that with those TnR's
Of course he could have released it sooner to make a quick buck like other trash on the market...I actually advised him to sell it for $95.00 and that's even cheap.

Good magic for me has to have an interesting (unique) plot and an awesome method.
All of Hurons effects have those. They are not just your regular piece by piece TnR.

Why don't you guys invent a great TnR or comparable effect, produce a good quality DVD that clearly gives you a step by step tutorial, do the authoring, graphic design and duplication. Then we talk again how much that DVD should sell for.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I know how this is done and have done since the early days and early buzz. These guys even got on my case as I had a similar trick they couldn't figure out..( its not ba lol) $40 is a little steap BUT all that aside. It is a great trick and does do the job. If the price would come down just a little I would recommend it to the death, Ill also buy a copy out of respect for the creator and time hes took to test it properly

Ps Salvio, Ive been through that whole experience a few times now. THE PROCE IS STILL A LITTLE HIGH and that IS form experience. Yet again. great effect just a little costly

ALan Rorrison
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-22 13:34, Alan Rorrison wrote:
I know how this is done and have done since the early days and early buzz. These guys even got on my case as I had a similar trick they couldn't figure out..( its not ba lol) $40 is a little steap BUT all that aside. It is a great trick and does do the job. If the price would come down just a little I would recommend it to the death, Ill also buy a copy out of respect for the creator and time hes took to test it properly

Ps Salvio, Ive been through that whole experience a few times now. THE PROCE IS STILL A LITTLE HIGH and that IS form experience. Yet again. great effect just a little costly

ALan Rorrison

The personal judgement of a products price depends on how much $$$ you have in the bank.

The Quantum Bender costs $600.00. Now how is that compared to a Sharpie? Steep?
I don't think so. Others don't think so either. Why? Because they are working professionals. Huron's FITH is for such performers. If you want to buy tricks that fit your budget go to Ellusionist or some other vendor...
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fire In The Hole / An insane T&R card restauration by Huron Low (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL