The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Doug Henning Ring & String (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
yop123
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yop123
Doug Henning Bewildering Magic I have never saw this done and I have been looking for this video, who can tell me where I can find this video
because I really want to see this.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Have you tried Googling Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson show or Bewildering by Doug Bennett video?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
yop123
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yop123
Yes and no luck its just that music
had the privilage to see an old clip of Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson Show
and where did he find this old clip of Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson Show doing this Bewildering by Doug Bennett?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, yop123 wrote:
Yes and no luck its just that music
had the privilage to see an old clip of Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson Show
and where did he find this old clip of Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson Show doing this Bewildering by Doug Bennett?

Some people actually have connection with television and network people, back in the day before consumer availability.

There is also a archive of all television programs that aired in the U.S. in New York City. Again connections help.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Actually I saw it when it first aired. I realized how it must be done. With a bit of thinking it adapted nicely to standup performance. Iused to doit in my lectures. Yes I know. But it does not use a wallet!

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
RayRannala
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
29 Posts

Profile of RayRannala
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2007, music wrote:
I recently had the privilege to see an old clip of Doug Henning on the Johnny Carson Show. He used a bracelet sized ring and a velvet cord. The cord stayed on the table yet the ring penetrated on and off the cord as he waved his hand over it. Anybody know what routine this is?

Where did you see it performed? I have the trick but lost the manuscript. I have a good idea of how it works but would love to see a performance. Thanks!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2775 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't know if this is the same as what is being discussed, but I found a note I wrote to myself years ago:

"Bewildering Bracelets (Petrick): can link to string & each other, but tend to break?"

Apparently Petick created and/or sold it.

FWIW
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
John,

Petrick of Petrick and Mia, are out of business and they got divorced. Petrick's effect is nothing like the Tannen Magic effect.

Tannen's Magic published a Stars of Magic series in printed form, with props way back in the 1970's, by notable magicians of the time.

One has nothing to do with the other. Petrick just used duplicate words for his title. He and Mia were not even in this country at the time Doug Henning was on television.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Doug Henning was a dear friend. I had the Bewildering Ring. I only saw Doug do it on the Carson show, in the early '70s. It looked great. But, I have never worked, seated at a table. I sold mine to a young lad, years ago.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2775 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
John,

Petrick of Petrick and Mia, are out of business and they got divorced. Petrick's effect is nothing like the Tannen Magic effect.

Tannen's Magic published a Stars of Magic series in printed form, with props way back in the 1970's, by notable magicians of the time.

One has nothing to do with the other. Petrick just used duplicate words for his title. He and Mia were not even in this country at the time Doug Henning was on television.

I'll update my notes Smile
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Doug Henning Ring & String (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL