The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenom Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Jim's rope effect is his own creation...developed it many, many years ago. Incredibly clever methodology.

I think he chose to perform that effect because he was making a statement about what this show was really about...'cause it sure wasn't mentalism.

As an added bonus...I bet Criss Angel is still scratching his head in wonder.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Exactly Terry!

It was pointless.

The goal was to have a CHALLENGE - money on the line - reputations on the line - something with dramatic tension...

In the end.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Who cares if it was switched because there was no effect! Talk about anticlimax.

Oh well, maybe Jim will be a guest on the season premiere of MINDFREAK.

Hey CA dressed up for the night! EEHHH
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:16, Mick Ayres wrote:
Jim's rope effect is his own creation...developed it many, many years ago. Incredibly clever methodology.

Did he market it? I'm fairly certain this effect was on the market years ago.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Whatever - Jimbo basically demo'd a magic effect and showed the scope of the Paranormalist.

Anyone who still thinks he claims real supernatural powers after that.... please check into Bellvue.

Oh, my next prediction - Angela Funovits will be the Big Winner overall.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I had this "sick" feeling when Criss showed the prediction. I'm not here to knock him...I just felt it really wasn't in good taste. I realize that he wanted to make a point, but it just didn't leave me with a very good feeling. I would have much rather seen a Smile face or something mundane.

Terry
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Ah - you are finally seeing the aspect of CA many of us do not enjoy either. It was too heavy, preachy, and tasteless. This is an entertainment show.

Note to CA: Stop listening to Randi and enjoy yourself. It is time for the 4 ghosts to visit you.
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:21, Dr Spektor wrote:
Whatever - Jimbo basically demo'd a magic effect and showed the scope of the Paranormalist.

Anyone who still thinks he claims real supernatural powers after that.... please check into Bellvue.

Oh, my next prediction - Angela Funovits will be the Big Winner overall.

I took it as him basically thumbing his nose at the whole thing.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:27, DMG wrote:
Quote:

I took it as him basically thumbing his nose at the whole thing.

He will be here shortly, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I would hope the gag order is lifted.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:26, Dr Spektor wrote:
Ah - you are finally seeing the aspect of CA many of us do not enjoy either. It was too heavy, preachy, and tasteless. This is an entertainment show.

Note to CA: Stop listening to Randi and enjoy yourself. It is time for the 4 ghosts to visit you.

With all due respect, just because I wasn't vocal on the Café about Criss' remarks on the show doesn't mean I am "finally" seeing something. There were a number of things I didn't agree with (and why just be a parrot?), but some here responded in ways that were overboard (making fun of his lisp, etc). Those comments and some others were way out of line - and there seemed to be some jumping to conclusions, which I questioned.

Terry
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That was Jim's way of Mocking the process and the fact that he was not allowed to take the challenge as he was asked to do and was willing to take...Bad Form NBC.
No Million in cash either..Seemed CA cut off URI amid sentance to open the dual envelope( Taking no chances by not allowing anyone to guess and the ability to switch if they did get it)
Kind of Sucked.
I'm glad Jim has gotten a few hundred thousand more hits on his website Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:35, Slim King wrote:
That was Jim's way of Mocking the process and the fact that he was not allowed to take the challenge as he was asked to do and was willing to take...Bad Form NBC.
No Million in cash either..Seemed CA cut off URI amid sentance to open the dual envelope( Taking no chances by not allowing anyone to guess and the ability to switch if they did get it)
Kind of Sucked.

Oh - I see... Uri was just about to spout "911" but CA cut him off to protect his million - hilarious!!!!
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:35, Slim King wrote:
Kind of Sucked.

Uri wasn't going to guess. If Criss hadn't cut him off the show would have ended because of time constraints before we knew who won Smile. And Slim, do you really think it was a gimmicked envelope?

I'd also like to hear directly from Jim as to why he did the rope thing as opposed to what may be conjecture.

Terry
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
CA is just rude to everyone...I'm not sure what Uri was going to say...I'm glad you were.
Where was the million...I didn't see one. I was sure there wouldn't be. Smile The challenge was a bigger illusion than CA's fanclub.

Please help me out, as I don't watch much TV and NEVER the reality kind...Don't we get to vote on the winners? Is it standard NOT TO?
I honestly don't know.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:44, Slim King wrote:
CA is just rude to everyone...I'm not sure what Uri was going to say...I'm glad you were.
Where was the million...I didn't see one. I was sure there wouldn't be. Smile The challenge was a bigger illusion than CA's fanclub.

Please help me out, as I don't watch much TV and NEVER the reality kind...Don't we get to vote on the winners? Is it standard NOT TO?
I honestly don't know.

I wasn't there, but I'm a mentalist.

As I understand it, the voting was last week following the show. I'm not sure what you are asking.

Terry
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
Audience voting?? Im confused on this issue as well/
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
But who voted between Angela and Super for tonigths show?? Or was that decided last week too?
zeggman
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of zeggman
Everybody who wanted to vote voted last week. Tonight's performance wasn't part of the competition, it was part of the entertainment. Super and Funovitz were the two highest vote-getters last week, and Mike got more than Angela.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
There were 4 to vote for last week (Guy was brought back on by Criss and Uri). The voting was done for 2 hours (I believe) after the show. The results were in by the next day and it was revealed tonight, a week later.

Terry
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:49, DMG wrote:
But who voted between Angela and Super for tonigths show?? Or was that decided last week too?

Don't lose sleep over it... I have been a personal friend of Uri's for over 15 years and I can tell you that the show sucked in the USA... Time to listen to Coast To Coast tonight with Jim K, and Mike S. as guests....

Uri and I at diner in NYC - below-

Click here to view attached image.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:35, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:26, Dr Spektor wrote:

With all due respect, just because I wasn't vocal on the Café about Criss' remarks on the show doesn't mean I am "finally" seeing something. There were a number of things I didn't agree with (and why just be a parrot?), but some here responded in ways that were overboard (making fun of his lisp, etc). Those comments and some others were way out of line - and there seemed to be some jumping to conclusions, which I questioned.

Terry

Ah, you saw it all along! Cool.

Respectfully,

Ooga Booga
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenom Finale (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL