We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenom Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
The rope trick was marketed years ago by Meir Yedid. It was the creation of Jeff Stewart.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Angela gave away twice during her roulette routine where the "item" was in both the beginning show and finale. Watch out for "double checking" to make sure you're right.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 22:32, truthteller wrote:
The rope trick was marketed years ago by Meir Yedid. It was the creation of Jeff Stewart.
Thanks for that. In Callahan's 'reality' HE invented it, I bet.

There was a strange moment just before the chick picked up her chainsaw. She seemed to be acknowledging someone at stage right and I think she said, "Okay", almost as if she were replying to someone signaling her about which box the fancy boy was in.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 22:40, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

Now how would You know that ?
kazuba
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of kazuba
Congratulations to Mike Super the new "Phenomena." His mentalism was exciting, mysterious and fun to watch. The finale show was a blast. What a great opening effect. Even my wife enjoyed it.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 22:46, johnjnesbit wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 22:40, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

Now how would You know that ?

CA will say he did the ultimate version two weeks before anyone else... and not with a pansy rope... he put an elephant gun through his belly.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Did anyone notice during the "envelope" segment, Uri in a rather strange commentary mentioned the numbers in envelope....Uri commented about Angel being born on the "NINEteenth," just "ONE" day prior to Geller's birthday (12/20). He then said he had bent his first spoon when Angel was "ONE." Kind of interesting commentary...and if it wasn't planned--very weird.

Christopher
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 23:26, Christopher Caldwell wrote:
Did anyone notice during the "envelope" segment, Uri in a rather strange commentary mentioned the numbers in envelope....Uri commented about Angel being born on the "NINEteenth," just "ONE" day prior to Geller's birthday (12/20). He then said he had bent his first spoon when Angel was "ONE." Kind of interesting commentary...and if it wasn't planned--very weird.

Christopher

I did notice that, while wondering what the point of it all was - and then realizing the number 9 1 1 were named.

Jonathan
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
I'm thinking that Angel let him know somehow, the commentary was too contrived and disjointed, you know? If it was setup, it was a very subtle way of letting Uri remain the "true" phenomenon... If not a set-up, then what a coincidence! LOL

Christopher
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I'm not much for flashy mentalism with a lot of props but that was exactly what PHENOMENON called for and Mike Super delivered the goods consistently. His win was well deserved.
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
What really let the air out of an already deflating show was Criss's rant and calling everything "Magic Tricks" I thought this was going to be Phenomenal entertainers astonishing and blowing the audience away? Every time Criss said, "Magic Tricks" it just cheapened the show and really let me down.

Guess what Criss - You make your living doing "Magic Tricks" and you don't do it very well either, you need camera edits, stooges and an army of advisors.

One thing this television show did reveal was enlighten many home viewers about what a jerk Criss really is.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:20, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:16, Mick Ayres wrote:
Jim's rope effect is his own creation...developed it many, many years ago. Incredibly clever methodology.

Did he market it? I'm fairly certain this effect was on the market years ago.

Terry

Quote:

That's what I thought because I was considering using it at one time. Here it is (scroll down a bit):

http://www.mymagic.com/stewart.htm

Not bad for $5.00!

But maybe what Jim did is entirely different.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I owned the Meir Yedid version back in the early 90's. It was not the same method or actual effect that Jim performed tonight.

John
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
523 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Anyone notice how CA almost looked afraid, that Uri was going to reveal his true age? When Uri stated that they were born 40 years and a day apart, he got sort of defensive. And he also, seemed defensive, as if he assumed Uri was trying to take credit for even knowing that.. as if Uri was claiming to have "read his mind" or whatever. CA said, "I told you that correct?"
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 23:26, Christopher Caldwell wrote:

Christopher

Man that's a stretch
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
Its funny how people see and infer what they WANT to see. Isn;t it?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
True - but that is the art of Cold Reading.

And CA did cut of Uri before Uri could continue.

Uri didn't get to where he was because he is unskilled in mentalism - he was pumping info from CA with a good first shot... and CA may have panicked... and despite what might be said... the numbers offered where 19, 40 and 1. (Yes, I am not going to bend reality - but a good cold reader etc. would forget the 40, wouldn't they? Although the 40 would be worked into the tradgey of 911 if need be....)

I don't think CA told Uri because you can tell from the show, CA does not seem to like Uri one little bit.... when they shake hands someday, I may reconsider that theory.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DMG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DMG
I have to agree that CA certainly did not give Uri a tiny ounce of respect. Even if he doesn't believe the psychic stuff he should respect Uri as a talented individual.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:59, RileyG wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 21:49, DMG wrote:
But who voted between Angela and Super for tonigths show?? Or was that decided last week too?

Don't lose sleep over it... I have been a personal friend of Uri's for over 15 years and I can tell you that the show sucked in the USA... Time to listen to Coast To Coast tonight with Jim K, and Mike S. as guests....

Uri and I at diner in NYC - below-

I am a big fan of Coast to Coast and sure enough, Angela, Jim Carol and Mike were on there last night as guests. The strange thing is before they came on, they had another guest on there who claimed to channel the dead.

Anyways, hats off to all of them and the careers that are just beginning. I am sure the show could have been much much better but someone else was calling all the shots.
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
I think Criss cut Uri off because he was afraid that Uri was about to give away his age. Criss doesn't want the public to know his true age and Uri was getting to that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenom Finale (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL