The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Best push through shuffle&zarrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
There's nothing wrong with that Kim. I was simply explaining why, for card play, I prefer the zarrow.

There is no secret technique for the strip shuffles. Read Vernon's description (Steven's), Miller, Fulves, and Marlo, and you have the major sources in print. All offer slightly different technical variants, but similar methods. What you have to do, to make it better, is ANALYZE the move, and improve whatever flaws you think your handling has.

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
That is what I am doing most of the time, analyzing, but running out of ideas so could use some inspiration. I will keep looking until I find what I am looking for. I'll check out the sources. Thanks,

Kim
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 16:03, MagicKim wrote:
Paul, but as I already said. You know immediately that he is extremely skilled. if a player shuffled like that I would leave right away. That is not good for a cheat Smile

Kim

What if he's a proffesional dealer and deals poker for a living?? Most underground games have a dealer and is usually someone that can average 30-40 hands per hour because players like a fast game specially if the joint charges a session fee as opposed to rake... <--- Im talking about higher limit games here guys...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
The best Zarrow? Hmmmm.......Take a look how Denis Behr zarrows a deck of cards:

http://www.denisbehr.de/shuffling.html

Isn't it the best Zarrow you've ever seen?

Take care
Vasilis
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Vasilis

Actually, that zarrow has to be one of the worst I've seen.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Can't say one of the worst as mine is worse but if I saw that at the card table, I'd know it was a zarrow. = not what I am looking for. Liked one of the push throughs though, was quite good.

Kim
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Kim,

I stick to my original view. The speed will be determined by the habits and style of shuffling adopted by the company the hustler keeps. For pure technical skill and mastery, Steve Forte gets my vote. Incidentally, there is an excellent version of the Zarrow shuffle in Forte's Poker Protection book under full deck controls that is virtually angle proof and well suited to private games.

Regards,

Paul H
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Paul, that sounds good. I am still waiting for the books to arrive. Well, let's say that I would shuffle at full speed with the people I could play with. They would suspect me instantly, none of them are good at shuffling. I am not sure how to adapt my style to their but I might have the solution since 12 months back. The other kind of push through I do, I just need to get it a bit quicker and more smooth.

Take care,

Kim
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Kim,

I guess one way of handling this in slow company is to resort to the humble overhand shuffle. Once again Steve Forte in his Poker Protection book tips for the first time a short sharp method for overhand stacking that avoids the long ghastly runs of single cards and looks very good. It is difficult to learn to do properly however, at least for me. Good luck with your new purchases. There are some real gems buried in those pages.

Regards,

Paul H
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In short I think full deck false shuffles are magic.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I don't have many video references on these shuffles so my comments come from live demos without the benefit of rewind:

Push Through - Darwin Ortiz. Nothing to see, not rushed, consistent with the rhythm of his other shuffle/cutting sequences. Masterful- no other word is suitable.

Zarrow - Allan Ackerman! This may be an unlikely candidate for best Zarrow, but what I saw- the tension on the cards when the packets came together was perfect, and I would have sworn the cards were interweaved. Wish I had seen him do this a few more times - but the few I saw were convincing to say the least.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Best push through shuffle&zarrow (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL