The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2007-12-30 19:10, Mb217 wrote:
...a Johnson expanded shell is pretty good eats. Maybe not a fine steak, but an exceptionally good burger. Smile

MB, you got that right!
A few years back I was in early for a lecture by one of the big name underground coin guys, and the person who was hosting the lecture came up to me and asked if I had my shell with me because the lecturer had lost his the night before and all the shells that the shop had were clad coins.

I loaned him my Walking Liberties and Johnson shell and he asked if it was a Lassen or someone else's (he used/uses Lassen). When I told him it was a Johnson shell he was VERY suprised.
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
I just got a Walking Liberty Tango, not bad for the price. I use it in a routine called SilverDream, when I don't feel like sleeving, or just to do something diffrent to another spec.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
engineer_star
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of engineer_star
I bought the Johnson shell about 2 months ago with the same thinking that buying a better shell would be more conviencing. I too, want to eventually purchase a schoolcraft set. It is a walking liberty and it's beautiful and perfectly made. I haven't performed in front of anyone yet so I can't say for sure if the shell would be seen. It is a great fit, yet easily separated. In practice, I've gotten to where I can just "feel" the shelled coin and it's position. However, a few times it does flip over (with coin inside shell) when I do the "pop-up" move from the backpalmed coin. I see the edge of the shell because I know it is there. I'll soon find out:<)if others notice.
In the end, I'm thrilled with the Johnson shell.And yes, the solid silver coins just feel better and have a better ring.
Sam
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Great info everyone, thanks for all the input. Most of the coin products I have are from many years ago, early Johnson stuff, and they were great back them. Getting back into serious coin work once more I am going to replace everything with the newly crafted silver coins. Not knowing which maker to go to I tried a few of the other coin guys and I have not been happy at all!

I consistently hear only great things about Todd Lassen’s work. I understand he makes everything himself! I’m getting ready to place a monster order and I’m pumped up to see Lassen’s work.

Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about shells (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL