The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Revolution (card spin) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
I'm having some trouble with the revolution. I think I'm doing it right, it spins/pivots on the pinky from the pointer finger right? I can do it with out holding cards in my hand but that's about it. If anyone has any pointers, it would help immensely.
Thanks
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
743 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
If you're doing the card spin I'm thinking of, it spins on the middle finger. First practice balancing the card on the finger without spinning it. Once this is mastered, try spinning it and keeping it balanced.
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Yeah, if its the pirouette or whirl flourish youre talking about the card spins on the middle finger and you use the pointer finger to get it spinning. Just practice and suddenly you'll just catch yourself doing it, just like all of the knacky thing.

The one handed revolution is like a charlier cut with a revolution.
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
I get a card spinning pretty darn good by balancing it on my middle finger and placing my thumb on top then doing a snapping action. Also the cards not spinning so much on the fatty part of my finger as it is slightly on its side. Another thing I did when learnng was put a slight bend in the card across the middle width wise witch helps aid in finding the balance point.
good luck this is def a move worth learnning when I use it to change a card people are normally more impressed with the spin than the change, and when I move my hand through space while its spinning ive on more than one ocasion have had spectators to comment out loud that the card was floating.
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
214 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
I think he is refering to the charlier cut where you make the upper packet spin before cutting it to the bottom.
Blackghost83
View Profile
New user
Selden, NY
36 Posts

Profile of Blackghost83
Card spinning is just all about practice. first, balance the card on the middle finger of your dominant hand, and practice just keeping it balance there for as long as you can. Then begin trying to flick it with your pointer. Many, many times it will fall, until you get the thumb pressure just right. I suggest looking up How To Spin A Card Like The Pros on youtube. It's how I learned it. Once you get good, you can do it with anything, credit card, buisiness card, etc.

Practice Practice Practice!!!
When asked, "Would anybody play cards with you today?" Ricky Jay simply responded, "Sure."
"Silly People."
Blackghost83
View Profile
New user
Selden, NY
36 Posts

Profile of Blackghost83
I, not to brag, am very good at spinning a card on my middle finger. One tip is to, weirdly enough, lick your middle finger and then dry it off, as this makes it smooth, but still has traction to hold the card on one spot.
When asked, "Would anybody play cards with you today?" Ricky Jay simply responded, "Sure."
"Silly People."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Revolution (card spin) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL