The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I just recently attended a hypnosis lecture held by Bill Gladwell. It was indeed money well spent! Actually got to see a friend of mine put under. Some of the things we had him doing were absolutely amazing and hilarious! Before this lecture, I did not think that hypnosis was real. Now I know better.

He offers a course in becoming a certified hypnotherapist, which I am seriously thinking of taking.

One thing I would really like to know is where to go from here. I have two of the dvds from Nongard's series, the one that talks about hypnosis in general and the other with Stokes on inductions. What else should I get to learn this?
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Atlanta-Magician
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Georgia
3 Posts

Profile of Atlanta-Magician
I think it is great that you are so thrilled with hypnosis that you want to continue to better yourself.

However, it is important to realize that hypnosis is not a therapy, it is a tool to be used by a therapist. If you really want to pursue using hypnosis as a therapy, to actually treat clients, you really need to go to school become a therapist while working on your hypnosis skills.

I have friends of mine who are also in the mental health field who use hypnosis. They are not even thrilled that I use hypnosis on stage, however, the biggest problem they have with stage hypnotists, is that when they take a course over a few days, usually from another stage hypnotist with no mental health background, then promote themselves on the same level as those in the mental health field who have spent years at school to become a therapist as well as working on their skills as a hypnotist. If your really serious about hypnotherapy, do yourself and your patients a favor, go back to school.
HypnotistHypnotistHypnotist.com
DaydreamFoundation.com Teaching children with cancer to use both their conscious and subconscious minds to manage pain and play a remarkable role in their own recovery.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have always kept a VERY large seporation between stage and clinical.

I DO NOT NOW NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL do clinical hypnosis.

I do not sell stop smoking or lose weight anything. I am an entertainer and keep it that way.

This is only a personal prefereance for me, not a rule I expect anyone to follow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I think even if a stage hypnotist is not planning to do clinical hypnosis, a basic course in clinical hypnotherapy can provide a depth for understanding hypnosis from new perspectives. And so I encourage people to take such courses, offered by others or the ICBCH certification program that I teach on DVD.
Will it give you all the skills of a licensed mental health professional? No, its not meant to, no, is a hypnosis course. Besides, what mental health professionals do is different than hypnosis - and not always better!

http://www.HypnotherapyBoard.org

Amazon sells a complete DVD/online version on the ICBCH course http://www.amazon.com/Become-Certified-H......7&sr=8-1
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
ABSOLUTLY right it can. I only meant that I personally keep the 2 seporate is all. No way knocking clinical training. Heck I recomend it!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
I recommend reading Dave Elmans book, Hypnotherapy. It was used to teach thousands of Doctors. Dave was a pioneer of waking hypnosis and quick methods, his book is really motivating and inspires new ideas.

I also recommend DVDs/vids by Gil Boyne.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL