The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Insight Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Where can I get this? And if it's completely unavailable, what is the closest thing to it that IS available?

Thanks in advance!
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Best bet is to get to 50 posts and inquire in the then available "Tricks for Sale or Trade" section of the Café.
Other than that, you might get lucky and find a shop somewhere with one left.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Thanks - and by replying to you right now, I'm one step closer!
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2007-11-23 21:16, Pit Boss wrote:
Best bet is to get to 50 posts and inquire in the then available "Tricks for Sale or Trade" section of the Café.
Other than that, you might get lucky and find a shop somewhere with one left.

You don't need 50 posts to get into that section.

Gianni
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Did they change the rules?
This is pasted directly from the "Rules and Etiquette" section:

"Like The Banquet Room, members must have made at least 50 legitimate posts before they can access the Let's make a magic deal! forums."

JD
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
I don't see the "Tricks for Sale or Trade Section," so I must still be in the process of qualifying for it.

-David
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 00:56, Pit Boss wrote:
Did they change the rules?
This is pasted directly from the "Rules and Etiquette" section:

"Like The Banquet Room, members must have made at least 50 legitimate posts before they can access the Let's make a magic deal! forums."

JD

I believe that is correct. You must have 50!

Sean
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
It's stunning, just stunning. the options are amazing.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
What does the Insight book look like? What is the title? Hard cover or soft cover?

I often perform in an office setting -- so would this book look natural, or would it stand out as something that I obviously brought with me?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Why are you so hung up on this particular book test? There are so many others around.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
I'm 'hung up' on this book test because I've heard some really good things about it from people I know and trust. I realize there are many others around, including many completely ungaffed versions.

Jerskin, could you please recommend a book test to me that does everything that Insight does, is currently available, and which is reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

-David
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
If you don't mind using a travel guide - then the larry becker lee earle travel guide uses the same methodology.

but, I feel, insight is nicer.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Hmmm - how much is Becker Earle travel guide?

I thought that Insight has several potential 'reveals' per page. Does the BE Travel guide have that too?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The travel guide has MANY reveals. Words, pictures, photos, maps, paragraphs, "out of body walking tours", and various types of numbers... and no memory work. Probably the most varied of any test you'll find. And it makes sense to have with you, too. Different animal than Insight, however. Insight is brilliant, as well.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
The travel guide book is very good, I think it costs around $75.00. I use two MOAB, one hardbound & one paperback.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Thanks - I will check into the Travel Guide. Sounds like it's much cheaper than Insight, plus has the added benefit of being generally available...
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
The Travel guide (Double Vision) retails at $149.00, but you can get it directly from Lee and Larry for $126.00 including shipping. It is very good. I use it in combination with three other books and offer my spectators a choice of 4 books that each work with a different method. I use the Double Vision mainly for the photos (great for that) and for the walking tour and my other books for more freely chosen words. I think it's important to employ several books to shift the focus away from any one book. I even use non gaffed methods when challenged to "do it with my book".
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Old thread, but thank you all for the insight (no pun intended); I think I'll look for this effect
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 12:19, Ximines wrote:
What does the Insight book look like? What is the title? Hard cover or soft cover?

I often perform in an office setting -- so would this book look natural, or would it stand out as something that I obviously brought with me?

I've used the INSIGHT since it first came out so I can tell you a lot about it and yes, it is a very easy and natural bit of work and working. It is a 6 x 9 paperback book. I will generally have people bring their own books to the show as a donation to a local literacy program but in the show this pile of 30+ books is the best way to ring in both, the Insight as well as a "random' second book that you use as a backer for jotting down your thoughts. . . a.k.a. your cheat sheet -- the 2nd book hosts a crib sheet that can be used until you are comfortable working with the system which is very easy to do once you start working with it regularly.

The thing I love about this system is that you can find about a dozen key things on two facing pages and you know what is what by simply knowing any one of the key words on that page or the page number. . . once unlocked you can do several minutes with one patron or pass the book around and work with several patrons with each one finding different information.

I think it is superior to many of the "Book Test" that have come to market in the past decade or so because it is simple and easy to navigate vs. all the memory work and association keys we find in the others.. . I'm trying to sell a rare OUTLAW book test right now because it requires far too much memory to work (I have memory issues due to injuries and medical issues; I'm certain a healthier individual could work this book with no problem).

QUESTION: If you need 50 posts before unlocking the sales section, what about the inner secrets? I've found that some of my posts have been moved there and yet I can't reply to the thread.
coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
This has just been re-released, same book with a new cover. Available at Alakazam. I have the original, it's excellent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Insight Book Test (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL