The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Into The Abyss" by Oz Pearlman (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Went to the Oz Pearlman lecture in Perth Australia last Friday and I agree it was the subtlety on the ct p..k and justification for writing the name on a card that were of interest to me. It was a great lecture!

Jonathan
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Hey jonathan,

I actually went to his lecture in perth last friday also, I sent you pm

cheers

kent
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I saw this promo on youtube. I thought the tape recorder was something you had to buy. For some reason the stapled vacation I though used a N.W. of sorts. Wow the video is misleading then as you don't see all the effect. It just shows reveals. It was impressive though, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-04-05 18:21, Eddini_81976 wrote:
I saw this promo on youtube. I thought the tape recorder was something you had to buy. For some reason the stapled vacation I though used a N.W. of sorts. Wow the video is misleading then as you don't see all the effect. It just shows reveals. It was impressive though, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.

Huh?????
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Quick note. If you're new to the CT, as I was, and want reason to learn it, either for a simple routine or for Oz's reveals, then I highly recommend this DVD as well as Osterlind's PCT booklet and Volume 1 of Osterlind's Mind Mysteries.

Learn the PCT then watch Oz's DVD to figure out the engagement and misdirection, use standard performance confidence and active engagement and you'll be able to add something different and powerful to your rep. If you have performance experience and are able to naturally engage and misdirect, then this is fairly easy to do, which was my biggest hesitation as it seemed too easy. Quick note, I use the PCT and bought and use Osterlind's paper as I was having problems tearing with my overly thick business cards and had issues with quality and tear from the small pads of paper I found at local office stores. Osterlinds pads are well worth the price.

Performed PCT and a simple reveal last evening three times to check technique and see if there was "anything to this" again, as it seemed too easy. People screamed, burst out laughing, etc. At first, I thought they must have caught on, I exposed something, etc. because the reactions were so strong, and I was the one astonished. It's a keeper. Now I'll move onto the reveals in Oz's DVD as I think they'll create a richer result and experience.

Top notch info and spectacular reveals! Well done Oz and thanks for sharing your routines. My best purchase of '08.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Themes, presentations and reveals are incredibly important, the secret method is secondary, the question is what does the spectator feel, see and experience.. I couldn't care less if a routine utilises rough and smooth, a TT or a one way deck, if the spectators are blown away and the reveal and presentation is spot on then that is what I care about..

I have never met Oz but this guy is good, has great presentations that are direct, hard hitting and commercial, they work, they impress and they amaze.. When I released 'The Afflicted' back in 2004 I didn't include a TT purely as most performers would have one, on 'Into the Abyss' Oz uses a technique that as 'mentalists' we should all now. If not get 13 steps and read it.. Part of the joy in doing what we do is learning techniques that work for us. Oz has released some great reveals that he uses in the real world.

I'd rather have ten reveals that make mind reading interesting than ten methods that do the same thing.

M.S.
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Just finished watching this and its AMAZING..

If you want some brilliant ways to use the info aquired during a p**k or CT then this DVD will spoon feed you some great ideas (now just put your own mark on them!) All the routines are perfect for strolling and other situations..

Oz you really have gifted us with a great set of ideas here, thanks
Arthur-Zep
View Profile
New user
Riga , Latvia
22 Posts

Profile of Arthur-Zep
Oz, Thank you so much! ITA revelation ideas are really great Smile I cant even describe how much I love them!
ITA is great for any mental magician who wants to learn astonishing reveal. You can literally feel the tension in the air while spectator listens or reads the reveal!
Thank you Oz Smile
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-08-22 18:32, Arthur-Zep wrote:
Oz, Thank you so much! ITA revelation ideas are really great Smile I cant even describe how much I love them!
ITA is great for any mental magician who wants to learn astonishing reveal. You can literally feel the tension in the air while spectator listens or reads the reveal!
Thank you Oz Smile

Hmmmmmmm.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
I loved it. Learned from it and now have got it for sale on "let's make a deal" DVD's

Very worthwhile. The tape recorder routine is very clever and is going straight into my act.

GH
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2008-08-22 23:54, Gerry Hennessey wrote:
I loved it. Learned from it and now have got it for sale on "let's make a deal" DVD's

Very worthwhile. The tape recorder routine is very clever and is going straight into my act.

GH

So since you loved it and will be using it in your act you are going to sell it to get your money back and take a sale away from the creator????? Shame on you sir, shame on you...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
If any of you would like to do a strong confabulation routine without spending a fortune on a wallet, get this DVD. Oz calls it "Dream Vacation". It could be adapted to any topic.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-08-22 18:32, Arthur-Zep wrote:
Thank you Oz Smile

Hmmmmmmm.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jefftravilla
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of jefftravilla
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 13:09, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 20:35, tian_ci wrote:
Sorry to be blunt, but you gotta think like a magician sometimes.

Oh, come on. Be honest. Magician or no, don't we all, deep down, hold out the hope that real mind reading is possible and that someone could teach it to us? Smile

That being said, I do take what I see in a trailer with a grain (if not a boulder) of salt. Once bitten, twice shy.

Pulled this one out of the vault... to say... Psychophysiological Thought Reading (fancy name for muscle reading) also taught on Banachek's Psi Series Vol. 3 will make you feel as if you can truly read minds. Although, I first learned a method in a short booklet called Hellstromism by Robert Nelson from Abbotts. At only $10 it will be your favorite find in a while! Supposedly they are the exact methods used by Axel Hellstrom.

I was maybe 14 when I first became fascinated. I had my doubts that it would work, but after a couple months of dragging my brother and sister around the house, I was pretty impressed with myself. In "Hellstromism" Nelson makes an assertion that enough practice can help you on your way to becoming truly psychic. That did not happen to me, although, I can remember having many more "intuitive" moments back in those days. Maybe it was the Hellstromism? Two things are for sure... 1. it takes a lot of practice, 2. It's worth it.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
Isn't the tape recorder prediction the same as Dan Huffman's from Linking Ring in 1976? I was highly disappointed with this purchase because I didn't find anything new :-/.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Agreed. There really isn't anything new. The two index cards that are stapled together is not an original idea of his. I read it in a very old book. I forget the creator but I know Oz never gave him credit for the idea on this DVD.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Maybe it was an original idea with him, but coincidentally had been released before. Independent creation is nothing new. Besides, These are Oz's handlings to revelations of information and lots of professional mentalists have come forward saying that they like the video. I love the revelations. They're strong, commercial, and easy to do.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
I have had a ton of success with these effects. I have performed "what's in a name" dozens of times and it never fails to get a great reaction. I have fun with the person while performing and leave them with a moment of true astonishment and isn't that what it's really all about.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
For which routine is the hip pocket Mullica, is it necessary?
revelation77
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
29 Posts

Profile of revelation77
Quote:
On 2009-10-22 18:47, Rpascual wrote:
For which routine is the hip pocket Mullica, is it necessary?

"What's in a name?" is the effect that Oz uses a HPM. This is not, however, necessary. Oz goes into an alternate handling that requires nothing but a paperclip. I believe this version to be stronger that the one with the wallet. (It looks a little less 'proppy')

Cheers,
Rev.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Into The Abyss" by Oz Pearlman (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL