The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Omega Reel Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey, I have some news regarding the kit for the Omega Reel...

There was going to be an accompanying DVD with the kit, but due to various reasons, the DVD will be no more.
Don't worry though, as now in it's place will be a manuscript that will go indepth into everything you'll need to know about the Omega Reel and it's workings.
There will also be some effects, ideas and uses detailed that would not have been on the DVD but will be making it into this manuscript.

I have been having a lot of fun with my Omega Reel, and can safely say that I'll be keeping one of these on me always.
There are just so many things that make this as good as it is... the pull is smooth, the tension (which is adjustible) seems just right, and it's so quite in it's operation.
It's so clever, I never thought I'd use an ITR again till I came across this, now I'm never without it lol.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thanks for everyones Pm's of encouragement. Y2John is right. We have decided to do a Manuscript for the Omega Reel instead of the DVD. With the recent problems such as Utube exposure, Dvd Magic Rental Sites, and the like, we felt that the Omega Reel would be better served to curtail these types of endeavors. The Manuscript will be written by myself *since I did invent it* and John Barrat.

On another note we are still waiting on the New Bodies to arrive. I hope they are here today as we paid for overnite shipping, but its coming from Canada and you all know how those folks are? just kidding, just kidding.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Just received mine today. It is very well design. Just adequate tension, stable and most important tailor made for silk worm! I tried to put silk worm into spider pen, but it is an painful experience. This one is a piece of cake. Great work!!

Only drwback is that there is not much instruction on how to use the gimmick etc. There is only a sketch about how to install new thread. But I supposed that I am buying the beta version and that is why. Looking forward for the kit and have more instruction, ideas and tricks!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Oh, by the way, the design is vert cyber - just like tools frm Dr who. Fantastic design.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Wise Owl,
I am glad you finally received your Omega Reel. The instructions on the Omega Reel is basically just a diagram so that you can get a complete understanding of how the reel is constructed, and how to repair it when it breaks. However, there will be lots of ideas in the Omega Reel Kit. I hope that helps? Oh, and incase you guys can't figure it out... the magnet inside the body of the Omega Reel is to allow you to steal it from your body (like the back pocket) or from some stationary position (the back of a chair). It will also hold some shimmed items, that you may want to experiment with.
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
Dmann,
This is the best reel I ever bought even though I broke one of the pegs off. I understand your sending the new body soon and that should fix my only problem with the Omega. Great Product Highly Recommended
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Got mine yesterday. Great reel and design. I found that the thread gets wound around the elastic band rather easily. When I opened it up the pegs broke off. I think after I get the replacement case, I will spool off some thread as suggested in an earlier post. I think this will help the thread to stop winding around the elastic band. All in all, this looks like its going to be great, once we iron out the kinks.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Bosque,
Thanks for your review! One other thing that I have found that helps, is to shorten the elastic on the reel. Anyway I am glad you like it and everyones replacements will be on their way just as soon as the new bodies arrive which should be tomorrow. I called the company and this moron sent it by ground all the way from Canada. No offense intended, but I told that guy that I needed them by Tuesday. Oh, I guess it just keeps getting harder and harder to find good help? But, I tracked it after I had to call for the Tracking number and they will definately be here Friday and I will mail them all out on Saturday morning. I am very sorry for yet another delay...but we are near the end.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
The New bodies arrived today... finally! I will be sending them out by First Class Mail tomorrow morning. So, everyone should have the fix and for those waiting on their Omega Reel they will also leave tomorrow. I am sorry for the inconvienience caused.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Are you sending mine too?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
You already know the answer to that question says... the Wizard. lol yeah yours is on the way too.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Alright, thanks a lot! You have great customer service!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Well we are working non-stop this weekend to get all the reels out. So, if you have not received your Omega Reel yet, don't fret as we are on the JOB and will get everyone taken care of by Monday at the very latest. I did send out the replacements to everyone this morning. By the way it was colder than Christmas out there this morning.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Take as much time as you need.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
We have been working until ungodly hours trying to get all the Omega Reels finished. There are quite a few orders to go out. Almost forgot, thanks to Brian luebcke for the very cool move involving the PK Ring. And for those who know Brian... contact him and have him show you what he has been doing. Very Cool Brian...
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Any others care to review?
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Will Brian's method included in your script (omega kit) as well, Dave?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Wise Owl,
Yes his technique will be in the Kit. Its really pretty good, but only magicians will be appreciating it as its not seen by the Spectator.
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
I'm also interested in buying the omega reel. Can anyone give me a site which sells it and has international shipping?
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
As of today all Omega Reels have been shipped with the New Bodies. I hope to hear some reviews soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Omega Reel Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL