The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Omega Reel Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Bekralik,
You just may be right, as the Kits have only just hit the market in mass quanity... maybe 2 weeks or so ago.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
This message is to anyone who purchased an Omega Reel.

We have decided to make available to all who have purchased an Omega Reel the New Omega Reel 2 (it has the upgraded body), absolutely free of charge for anyone in the United States who returns their Omega Reel. Once we receive your old reel we will put the new Omega Reel 2 in the mial (our choice of shipping method) at no charge to you the customer. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this to our customers out of country. For all other customers I would recommend the Upgrade Kit as it comes with all the utility add ons and full 8 page instructions (unlike the Omega Reel that comes with a diagram for repair only). I hope that everyone will be pleased.

Dmann, as you know I have been very vocal about your customer service.

I will give you this though. It looks like you really are trying to rectify things. I hope that this will continue.

It appears that you are DEFINITLY taking a step in the right direction.

Keep this up and your reputation will be restored in no time.

Kudos
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Dave has done a remarkable job with his customer service....Omega reel upgrade is real nice...
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thanks for the kind words Slydini62 as we are working hard to improve our operations and customer service.
Bill Groome
View Profile
New user
Columbia, S.C.
89 Posts

Profile of Bill Groome
We quit carrying the Precision Line because they could not maintain their inventory, quality or customer service.
All the Best,
Bill Groome (owner)
www.MadhatterMagicShop.com
Madhatter International
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-06-10 19:01, Bill Groome wrote:
We quit carrying the Precision Line because they could not maintain their inventory, quality or customer service.

Bill, everyone knows your good name and stellar reputaion in the community and knows you go above and beyond to take care of your customers. Any decison you'd make to stop carrying an entire line would be based on your commitment to excellence towards your customers ( which you treat like friends ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Dmann sent me the tips sheet - which I thank him for.

However, the current model I still has sucks.

I am in Canada and really don't want to pay shipping back and forth for something I don't know is any good as yet.

So, thanks Dmann, I do appreciate me wanting me to get it out of the drawer, however, I knew most of those tips and my own experimentation etc. and the trouble is the body isn't right, etc. so, oh well. I think keep me in the vote for DRAWER for now - but if stellar reviews come in for the new device, I will consider postage fees for the upgrade.

Thanks anyway.

I think I will spend my money of Chris K's new 6 DVD set in the meantime!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I have already admitted and yes its true that Precision Magic has taken some hits over the past few months. We are trying to overcome our problems and feel that we have taken steps in the right direction.

You folks who have posted negative reviews about the Omega Reel, Myself,and Precision Magic are entitled to your opinions. I guess you can not please everyone, or as some of you would like everyone to believe, that we don't please anyone. This is simply not the case.

As far as the Omega Reel being cheap plastic junk, I think I have a different opinion and so do some others....since most reels on the market are made of that same piece of junk. But, your entitled to your opinion.

People do have the right to know we have had some poor service in the past, but to say this is junk is just nonsense. I have my original Omega Reel and it works just fine and I will bet I can do much more with an Omega Reel than with any other on the market, save none. But, again that is only my opinion and I am entitled to mine as well as you are entitled to yours.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Dmann,Thank you for the above offer of a replacement,nice gesture,you are obviously doing your best,I won't be taking you up on the offer as I honestly haven't seen mine for a while.So regards and the best of luck to you and your business.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Folks need to get clear in their heads that there's a big difference between "customer service" and "not liking the reel".

I've bought lots of magic items and props that I hated the minute I took them out of their box. None of them were broken, I just didn't like them.
Can't really blame the manufacturer for that, and it's really not a customer service issue.

IF I'd used it, loved it, and then it broke for no reason......that's when it becomes "customer service".

Dave has, through this very thread, addressed his customers concerns as they were brought up.

It's difficult to fault a manufacturer who goes with the flow and adjusts his customer service to the customers stated needs.......something Dave is doing.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Manufacturers and dealers aren't compelled to remain in stasis forever Chris.

Dave looks like a manufacturer who's trying to meet his customers demands.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Reels are difficult to support and I kind of knew that I would have problems with customers who bought it and wouldn't understand the Omega Reel. It didn't help that we had some folks who had problems and their reel just didn't work correctly. However, we are trying to support the reel and the problems have been eliminated as best I can tell. We never intended for the public to have problems and we have done our best to help any who want it. I hope you all except our sincere appology.

As to the dealer who quit carrying our products, he must be refering to another product that we manufacture. We have had a problem with Dancing Canes and Kenetic Spheres. But, I have not sold directly to dealers for a couple of years now, and he must have had trouble getting those products from Murphy's. Again, we have been working to address those issues and are well on our way to having those types of problems resolved.

I believe in the Omega Reel and I do understand if a few people are disenchanted. But there is no reason to go on and on about how bad it is when I can think of a lot of reels and other effects that are just plain garbage. I don't know about you but try and get support for some of that stuff... you may find out how disenchanted you really could be. At least we give a darn and are trying.

I will be at the IBM/SAM Convention in July and if you are there and want to exchange your Omega Reel at that time, I will be happy to do that for anyone.
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
I recived my Omega reel Kit the other day...and well its great! I had to modify it to fit me, but now works like crazy good!!! It is a perfect size and the hook ups you can do with this is amazing! For all of you who dislike this, just sit down with it for an hour play with it and you will find out how good this is! These hook ups could even fool magicians!
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Full review***

What you get in the kit...
An omega reel, a pull, an extra reel of thread, an extra elastic, an extra top, with a band on it and the instruction booklet. I feel the asking price is well worth what you recicive!

Booklet...
The instructions werer well put together, explained everything and had a page of illustrations. It included 6 effects you could do with the reel and various hook ups. The effects in my opinion were average and just to get you started...which is all you really need.

The hook ups...
The hook up ideas were very good!!! Im not going to say where but the places you can put this thing are great! I am currently using one hook up in practising where I have never seen another reel been put! I think it could even fool magicians its so great!

The actual OMEGA reel
At first the reel arrived tangled, due to shipping and not Dave's fault. I fixed it, and made a minor adjustment to make it work a little better (if you want this idea PM me!) and more smoothly. Now it works perfectly and always have it on!

Diffuculty
This is as easy as any pther reel...but works better IMO. It comes out easy and uses IET which I enjoy now more then regular IT. And I have broken wrists, so this is finally something I can do that doesn't use my hands/arms.

OVERALL
Overall his is one of the best reels on the market and one of the only..if not only reel that uses IET! It is the perfect size, can pe palmed easy and can be put basicly anywhere! Now I have broken wrists (and pelvis), and havent been doing any magic for the past 4 weeks! Finally I bought one of these and I can do it...and it is fun! This review is only on first glance and its amazing what you can do with it! if I did this after I could try everything including the wrist hook up....This could be the BEST REEL EVER invented!!!! And I would recomend getting the kit instead of just the omega reel so you can get the extra top with has a band on it and can be put on your wrist and other places I will not mention...cause its so good!

PS This is kinda small...could be more detailed but I do have broken wrists and they are getting swore!

Eric
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
The more I read about precision magic the more I want to run far away from any of its products...sorry just my opinion
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Well Said John....i guess that was what I was trying to say
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I have lost track with the review and feeling a little left behind.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-06-26 09:18, Y2John wrote:

Now as far as Omega Reel goes, I have never had one from Precision, only instructions on how to make one etc, and thus I cannot fairly comment as mine is of my own making... all I can say is that mine works for what I would want it to, but has been gathering dust for a while now.

Anyway that's that... I'm sure everyones fed up of seeing posts like ours crowding this topic, and so ive had my final say and this really will be it from me in this thread.

Cheers.

I'm not fed up Smile - I love to know people's honest opinions of businesses that advertise in certain ways to help my buying decision.

So, currently - DRAWER - 2, USING - 0?

Felini introduces the OMEGA MOUSETRAP 3.1A THE FINAL BEGINNING OF THE PENULTIMATE ENDING OF LAST REEL A CAT WILL EVER OWN! Order now and recieve the world's smallest juicer if you order NOW!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Omega Reel Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL