The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What was the name of your first magic shop? (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1074 Posts

Profile of Russo
1st Shop was Hollywood Magic and Toy - and - Joe Bergs - Hollywood, Calif, 50's to 70's.
keebee.tricks
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of keebee.tricks
Magic Masters in Underground Atlanta
_Alex_
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of _Alex_
There are no magic shops close to where I live so I have always ordered online. Vanishing Inc was my first shop and is still my go to store. I ordered Charming Chinese Challenge after seeing Joshua Jay lecture 9 years ago.
Nick Collins
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
4 Posts

Profile of Nick Collins
Eddie's Trick & Novelty Shop in Marietta, GA
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Market Magic
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
RobertApodaca
View Profile
New user
Henderson, NV
95 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Pirate Cove's Magic Shop in San Pedro CA
magic501
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magic501
Al's Magic Shop, Washington D.C.

I know Al has passed, but I don't know if it's still there.
seno2k
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of seno2k
My first magic shop was Murray’s Magic Shop in Cleveland, Ohio.
Jerry Hornak
View Profile
New user
Northwest Connecticut
87 Posts

Profile of Jerry Hornak
Bought a few select props, and several books on kids magic, for my first show at a one-time visit to Tannen's in NYC. That started my career in 1980.

But after that, I discovered Chinatown Magic in nearby New Milford, CT. Owner, Keith Breen, was always happy to show me something new at each visit.
Making Happy Memories for Children since 1980!
https://JerrysMagic.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Louis Tannens at 1540 Broadway, NYC
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2022, magic501 wrote:
Al's Magic Shop, Washington D.C.

I know Al has passed, but I don't know if it's still there.

Closed in 2004
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Mine was Barry's Magic Shop here in Maryland.

Sadly, closed like so many others.

I also loved Denny and Lee's. Denny passed away, so it is also closed.

Magic Warehouse is still open here in Maryland....
Gwydeon
View Profile
New user
Germany
5 Posts

Profile of Gwydeon
My first "magic shop" was "Pappnase" in Munich near to the "Sendlinger Tor". They sell primary costumes and juggling stuff, but there I get my first TT including a short demonstration.
But my actually "first magic shop moment" this year when I was viting Nuermberg: "Nürnberger Zauberladen" where Guy Peters had a real plenty of time for me showing me amazing stuff and had plenty to tell.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
224 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
My first trip to a magic shop was Romig magic in Ferndale Michigan. They were still in the upstairs shop at the time and we went so my mother could buy a few tricks to get my brother to do at a family member birthday party. He never did the tricks as I recall but it spurred on a life long enjoyment of magic for me. At the time I had been bitten by the ventriloquism bug and they had a couple full size vent figures on the shelf, it was the first time ever seeing a "professional" vent figure. I would make many trips back there over the years, even more once I could drive. I also recall going to Fox Fun & Magic owned by Roy Kissel. My first visit with Roy was to see a vent figure and when I commented that I felt the cheeks were quite red he very gruffly said, "well what are you going to do with it? It has to be seen from stage!" As a young wanna be ventriloquist I was a bit afraid of how he had replied so gruffly and we left. I would later return to buy magic from him and he was not as harsh in tone, but like others have said, he was direct, and even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, he told you how he felt about it. Those were the days.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
423 Posts

Profile of kShepher
Abracadabra Magic Shop in Colonia, NJ. Then Lou Tannens. Those were the days....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What was the name of your first magic shop? (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL