The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mindvention 2008 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hey Danny,

I would like to also nominate James Biss. He is an extremely personable entertainer and individual.

All the best,

Rob
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
201 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
Chuck Hickok and James Biss have given a lot of people something to think about on how to entertain with Mentalism. James Biss Knickerbocker started me down a path that has really paid off for me. If would be great to see him perform it and to thank him in person.

John
Make Everyday Magical
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1454 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
JAMES BISS comes naturally to my mind for comedy mentalism.

I already reviewed on the Magic Café part of his upcoming DVD included in his also upcoming book MIND BLOWING.This is COMEDY MENTALISM.Very funny and entertaining.

link to my short review here:

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/search_po......=5441671

Quote:
On 2008-03-28 11:47, Danny Archer wrote:
Hey Guys,

Let me set the date right November 9-11th 2008... we also have a new website that is just going live MINDvention it's now .net not .com ...

Let me ask you all what you think... for the final performers spot I have a few different people in mind... As John Archer's comedy mentalism was so well received last year, I am considering another comedy mentalist Doc Dixon...

What do you think... comedy mentalism of should we go for a more traditional performer?

Your feedback, interest and support is greatly appreciated and I think that the 2008 MINDvention will be very hard to top...
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
I have had the pleasure of hosting a lecture by James Biss, he was wonderfully entertaining... Completely hillarious and captivating all at once. Mindvention would do well to host someone of his experience and wisdom.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I know that this will simply seem like I've been paid (although not nearly as well as the others!) but Biss is a good addition. Last time I saw him he was funny, and his material is really good!

And, Archer would seem a natural fit, since his comedy style is that British-hilarity sort-of thing...

Lee
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I also think James Biss would be a great choice. His performance style and rapport with audiences is excellent. He is very funny and his material always has great premise.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
I was at a Biss lecture last month, and although I'm not a mentalist by trade, I found his lecture to be not only be insightful, but most of all - entertaining. I had fun listening and learning to every word he said. I have seen a lot of lectures and this experience, by far, ranks up there with the best of them. As a hypnotist, his lecture tought some things, that I didn't think I would get out of his lecture. Things like audience management, comedic timing, and just the overall "it" factor. It was time well spent. Afterwards, James stuck around for a few hours discussing and helping those with questions and what not. I don't think James has got enough exposure south of our border. Us Canadians, have been treated to him, but the Americans have missed out.
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
201 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
Lee, how much did you get paid? I just told him to name his first grand child after me. Smile

John
Make Everyday Magical
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
I too agree with the comments regarding James Biss. His material is not only entertaining, he empowers his volunteers on stage to make them look the stars of the show.

Robert.
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
Another one for James Biss. I've seen him perform a few times in Toronto and I always bust a gut and he knows how to control the room.
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
I have seen Doc Dixon perform for lay audiences and is a scream!. He is an entertainer, a true performer. On top of that, he is an all around nice guy.

I was not able to attend last year's MV, but having a comedy mentalism act would certainly liven up the joint.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
713 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 20:44, Marc Spelmann wrote:
I'm not that good as a singer Santiago, maybe a little beat boxing...
I'm also useless at mentalism as most here will testify, I think Danny asked me just so he could see me dance..

Look forward to seeing you all there..

Peace

Spelmann

I say Marc... I think you are being somewhat modest with regard to your vocal talents. Came across this vid and couldn't help but think the lead singer looked like some kind of Spelmann / Nardi hybrid. Judge for yourselves!:

http://www.beonlineb.com/click_around.html
Vince_the_vince
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Vince_the_vince
I think Patrik Kuffs would be a good addition too...he got a solid 1 h30 comedy mentalism show!!!! He got lot of experience to share, and is really funny...

Thanks
Vince
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Hi,

I agree about Kuffs. He's original, funny and generous. He often present material in a way that I have never seen. It would be a change of style vs the other performers.

Devilix
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I was just at the Niagara Comedy Magic Seminar where James Biss gave a *great* lecture. He talked about the ingredients he uses in his performances where he turns classic mentalism on its head while being extremely funny. He was also demonstrating material from his first book, Messing with Minds which is no longer available.

As a bonus, the concepts from the lecture form an acronym which sounds like a dirty word. Not sure if that was on purpose or not.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 12:28, Santiago Michel wrote:
Im not suppose to say this, but they are trying to contact and book TC.

Yeah TC.

Contacted Tony Corrinda (TC) and he respectfully has declined...
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Invite all who were on the USA Geller Phenom show.
Dick
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 22:13, magicusb wrote:
Invite all who were on the USA Geller Phenom show.
Dick

So it won't be about mentalism anymore? Smile

greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 23:22, Shnarker wrote:
I have seen Doc Dixon perform for lay audiences and is a scream!. He is an entertainer, a true performer. On top of that, he is an all around nice guy.

I was not able to attend last year's MV, but having a comedy mentalism act would certainly liven up the joint.

Thank you for the kind and generous comments.

Sincerely,

Your Son, Doc
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
There is a guy out of NC who has been doing mentalism for years. He was on the cover of a Linking Ring Volume 73 February 1993 also having his own one man parade. Greg Edmonds, as he ages you can also see he looks more and more like Harry Blackstone Jr. (Which is beside the point) I don't know if he still performs ... but it would be worth looking in on his availability. I don't have any contact info for him I am sorry .... but hey ... maybe you can mentally connect with him. Smile

See ya real soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mindvention 2008 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL