We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Visual Card Rise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

If you visit all the above threads you'll see why I'm making this post. Some of you may know that my trick Visual Card Rise was released by Sean Bogunia's Ultimate Magic a few years ago. It was eventually taken off the market because they where hand made and just didn't have the time to keep up with demands.

After that not a month went by that I didn't receive Emails or PM's asking where it can be purchased (and obviously a lot of thread here asking about it). After some consideration I finally decided to release it as a download so you can make it yourself. The gimmick isn't all that hard to make but it might take a little adjusting on your part. You can read the below thread to see what those who have picked it up so far are saying as far as the construction of the gimmick goes.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=217

Just wanted to give the heads up on this because I know a lot of people are looking for it.

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I purchased this last night and I am sure I am going to get a lot of slack for the comments I about to make but so be it I am going to make it anyway.

I have some real big issues with the security on this. I bought it last night and activated it on my home computer. I have a real nice color printer at work so I sent the pdf and activiation code to my work email address so I could open it up at work and print it. low and behold when I input the activation code it tells me it has already been used and so I cant open it up. I am locked out of opening a pdf that I paid money for. this is a HUGE problem for me. I travel a lot on business so I transfer files from my home computer to my work laptop all the time so I can either print them on a nice printer or take with me on my trip so I can read them on the plane and/or hotel. the security on this pdf is locking me down to just my home computer. that to me is not acceptable. I have no problems with passwords as long as I have mobility. this pdf offers NO mobility. if more ebooks go in this direction I will not be purchasing them anymore. I am claustaphobic and this has me locked into one system. even microsoft now allows the new office to be installed on three different systems. As of right now if you only plan on viewing this from one system then this would be a great purchase, but if you need the doc to be mobile then I would take the lack of mobility into consideration. If this doc is mobile and I am doing something wrong then please let me know and I will graciously apologize.

I found this on the activiation ebook assitance page and this is also a problem for me.
"If you have upgraded or reinstalled your computer, it is possible that Secure-eBook does not recognize the computer. If such is the case, the eBook will open in sample mode and Secure-eBook will not allow it to be reactivated.

When that happens, you should contact the publisher of the eBook to request your activation key to be reseted. That will allow you to activate your eBook again."

because of the wonderful stability of windows I uninstall and reinstall windows about every 6 months. since I do this I will now have to go through the hassle of contacting mr jaxon to have my ebook reactivated. this $15 ebook is going to be too much of a hassle for me.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I would like to add that I have purchased several wonderful ebooks effects from Mr Jaxon in the past and those were only password protected. they did not have this tight security lock down.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
The simplest solution would have been to contact me before posting so I could take care of your issue. All you need to do is let me know that you want to open it on another computer and I could give you another activation key.

Here's how it works. When you purchase it you activate it on your computer. Now it'll only open on that computer because that one activation key was assigned to it and it can't be reused. If you want to open it on another computer I'd simply give you another activation key. I had one other person contact me and they said:

"I purchased the E-book on my work computer and I'd like to be able to open it on my home computer as well. Is there anyway to do this"?

With in 2 minutes of receiving this Email from him he had another activation key and was all set to go. So send me an Email and I'll get you another activation key for your other computer.

I used this for the exact reason of not being able to copy and give it away. There are many posts in here about E-book security. None are completely secure. But when I found some of mine on P2P I looked for options. Here's how this one works and I hope you'll see why I used it.

If someone gives it away or puts it on P2P. They'll only get the sample E-book. Within the sample E-book they'll be able to purchase an activation key if they want the complete E-book. To break it down if someone has it and send it to their friends. They won't be able to open the entire thing unless they pay for it. I know it's not complete security but it's a little better then what I had before. I admit that the security is in trial by me too. If later it don't work out I'll find something else. But right now it just seemed more secure then most. So I do thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns on it.

At any rate I hope you enjoy it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Thanks Ron,
I will email you with my request.

I felt the need to post my thoughts and concerns because these are very important to me and others may share them. It's great that you are willing to share extra activation keys but to me that is a hands on solution that we shouldn't have to deal with. I shouldn't have to rely on you to give me access to a document that I have paid for every time I decide to wipe out my system out and reload, buy a new computer or want to use my work laptop to read this document. I just bought my wife a new laptop for christmas and if I want to use her system to read this doc I will have to go to you to get another activation code. if I have to rely on you for anything after I have purchased this product then its not really mine. Per your response I understand why you are looking at security but if someone wants to share something bad enough they will find away regardless of how much security it has. I am not against using security but the more secure you make something the more you cut down on the access points for the owner. although this may not be a problem for others its a problem for me.

I hope you don't take my objections as me dogging you or your products out. That is not my intention. I have a few of your products and I enjoy them very much. I am just not a fan of the security chosen for this item. It puts limits on a product that I paid for. This inconvenience bothers me.

much success with this ebook...its a good one...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Don't be upset with Ron, be upset with the reason he is doing the security to begin with.

I, too, don't care much for this (I have a couple other's that I had to get more keys for).

Yeah, it's a hassle, but what would you have done - there is not much out there that works very securely.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Let me assure you that if anyone picks it up and has any trouble I'll make sure you're taken care of ASAP. Everyone who picks it up will learn it and be able to perform it. The purchase process will take no longer and be no more of a hassle then any E-book you've purchased.

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just to show another reason why I wanted higher security in this one. Because it was taken off the market before sites that still had them in stock started upping their prices. Click here to see a site that's selling it for a ridiculously high price of $95.

This E-book should put an end to that.

Ron Jaxon

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5390 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
At that price you would think that they could get your name right, at the very least. Smile
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Mr Jaxon and I have exchanged emails and he has helped me with my issue. Thank you very much Ron.

as for the high prices, that's the nature of business. price is determined by supply and demand and the value someone puts on the product. you see it all the time here on the Café and in every day life.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I bought this a couple of days ago (even though I'm not really a card guy) and it's very well done. Ron explains everything clearly and concisely. I made two gimmicks using a couple of ideas in the PDF. The first took about 45 minutes and the second (because I knew how to construct the gimmick) about 15 minutes. This is definitely one of my favoutite PDF purchases.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Is this under downloadable trick? I was surprised as when I scrolled through and didn't see this effect listed..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5390 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Instructions for the download and how to purchase are on Ron's home page (toward the bottom). Look HERE for the download.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yes, I'm updating my site right now but VCR can be found on the main page of the site. Just click the image of my in my signature below.

Ron Jaxon

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Magiguy for the link and Ron, yes, I see it very clearly as it's front and center on your main website with a nice teaser video! A wonderful effect and a crowd pleaser!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm confident that I gave enough information in the E-book that everyone will be able to find the required material. I haven't had anyone tell me they couldn't find what they need yet. But just in case I have a small quantity of the material the original release was made of left. I don't have enough to sell it or anything. But I'm just letting you all know. Although it's unlikely, if you can't find the material then contact me. If I have some left I can send you some.

Ron Jaxon

ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I found everything at walmart.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Visual Card Rise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL