The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Eightball card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey911
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Joey911
Hello again!
I have seen this efect for sale, but never seen it preformed. Can anyone explain to me what happens? Do you feel it is powerful? Also are there any sleights involved(like If I wanted to give it to a kid to preform)
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is there no effect description where it is advertised? If I recall a number of blank cards are shown and one card with an eight ball on. The spectator has to guess where the eight ball card is. Eventually you end up with one blank card and the rest show eight balls. It is easy to do. Cannot recall whether it is completely sleight free.

Paul.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
From the original instructions:

Quote:
Five blank cards and one 8-ball card are shown on both sides. The spectator chooses a face down card from the six. The choice is the only odd card - the 8-ball! The spectator chooses again from the six cards. The magician triumphantly shows the face of the chosen card without looking and states "Again you have chosen the one odd card!" However, the card is blank. When the "error" is called to the magician's attention, he shows that the blank card is, in fact, the odd card by revealing that the five remaining cards have magically changed to eight-ball cards!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-11-27 18:21, Joey911 wrote:
Are there any sleights involved (like If I wanted to give it to a kid to perform)?

This is a very simple (and yes, powerful) trick. The impact, of course, lies in the presentation, but there are no real sleights to contend with. My 8 year old daughter would have no trouble with this one.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have been performing this for years. The trick is older than the proverbial hills. I purchased it maybe twenty or twenty five years ago from Lou Tannen's.
It's a fun, not difficult to perform effect. They are printed in glorious black and white. But the 8 balls stand out in stark contrast against the whiteness of the card.
Even if you are new to magic, you can do this.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Joey911
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Joey911
Ok so it looks worth buying it!
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
This sounds like a interesting trick, I have one, but I lost the instructions before I could learn the trick.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
There are no real sleights. Just a simple move..which is actually a count.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Is this trick the same as bigfoot by Nick Trost
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I believe this is a Larry West trick, and it's been around for a while.

I used to demo Eightball in the Eighties. It was a good seller. People liked it and it wasn't difficult to learn or teach.

Douglas M.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Its a cute effect similar to Dot's Impossible. I havent performed it in years but it did get good reactions when I did. It uses two very easy sleights. Just be careful with direct lighting as the effect can be accidently exposed.

Max
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I wasnt that impressed with the cards that came with the trick.
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 00:01, sleightofhand1971 wrote:
Its a cute effect similar to Dot's Impossible. I havent performed it in years but it did get good reactions when I did. It uses two very easy sleights. Just be careful with direct lighting as the effect can be accidently exposed.

Max

I'd echo this and say this is the same working as Dot's Impossible by the sound of it. Nice, but if someone's "on the ball" (pun intended), they can spot the sleight.

Cheers,
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Eightball card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL