The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Darwin Ortiz - The Ephemeral Lecture Notes 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
The notes contain four effects. Two use a faro and one a mem-deck. Card magic for beginners this ain't.

However, the first routine in the notes is probably one of the best two 'collectors' routines published in the last ten years. Yes, THAT good. (The other is Ben Earl's from his 'Past Midnight' DVDs.) If you can't do a Faro, Ortiz's trick is good enough to make it worth learning, just for that alone.

Mark Elsdon
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Oww.. that would be interesting.. surely can't wait.. thanks guys for the info =)
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I want to let everyone who ordered the DVD/lecture notes package know that most of the orders went out today. The rest will go out Monday.

About two-thirds of my supply is gone at this point. So, if you’re still thinking about ordering, you may not want to wait much longer.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
I just got my copy of Darwin's Ephemeral Lecture Notes and the DVD.
I've only gotten a chance to watch it once so far, But, I have to say that it a wonderful set. The collectors and Hard target stand out for me as two of the effects that I know I will use. The other effects on the DVD are great as well and I'll have fun learning them. The most special thing about the DVD is of course Darwin himself. The teaching is really through and he delves even further into each explanation with tips, And the reasons the effects are put together as they are. A very good lesson in what the spectator sees, feels, and thinks during each effect is also one of the highlights giving the viewer an insight as to the psychologies of the effects.

10 out of 10 for me.

I PMed Darwin earlier to give my thanks and request personal lessons (Just
kidding..I wish) and he asked me to let everyone know that he still has a few copies left. So.. if you are thinking about picking this up I highly recommend that you do so while you can. Darwin will even autograph the notes if you like, Another thing that I loved. Just PM Darwin and he will get you set up.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Got mine yesterday and watched the DVD and read the notes last night.
Absolutely outstanding!
I can't speak highly enough of the effects and Darwin's instructions.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Still waiting for my DVD...
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
At this point, these are all gone. Almost all the orders have been mailed (including yours, Mats). The remaining few will go out tomorrow. Thanks to all who ordered; I hope you enjoy them.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Taking advantage of the above-mentioned offer, I (promptly) received the notes and DVD in the mail today directly from Darwin. Too bad he's out, suckahs. I might as well share my impressions, using the parent post as a template.

Beyond Collecting- "Beyond Sleight of Hand" is one of my favorite sandwich tricks precisely because nothing happens during the "critical interval." Collectors tricks almost always leave me cold. The only version I actually like is Andi Gladwin's (second effect in Harry Lorayne's BoF v.III)... that is, until now. Between the two, I still think I prefer Gladwin's for personal reasons, but this makes for some nice brain candy.

Passing Through- I like the mechanics and thinking that went into this one, particularly the switch, which is a beaut. I'm not sure if I will do the trick.

Hard Target- Finally. Frickin' finally. At last Simon Aronson's brilliant UnDo principle is given a FASDIU presentation worthy of its genius.

Test Your Luck- I need to think about this one a little more, and then perform it before guessing its usefulness to me.

I'm very happy with this purchase.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
MikeHall
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MikeHall
Anxiously waiting for mine as well!
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Got 'em and like 'em.

My only real question is this; Does Darwin have stock lines ready for the situation he encountered with the two female specs? Because if he has heard the line "Mine are bigger than yours." before then I'd sure like to know his secret as that show certainly had a different flavor to it.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Even though I have most of Darwin's books (Designing Miracles is the only one I am missing and is on my to buy list), I have never had the pleasure of seeing him perform live or on video until I watched the lecture DVD. What an engaging performer!! And a supurb teacher as well.

My first salute goes to Michael Close for teaching my how to do a faro shuffle from his e-book.

Second salute goes to Simon Aronson for inspiring me to learn a memorised deck.

Third salute goes to Darwin for providing new aw-inspiring rountines from these news to leverage and use these powerful tools!

Side note:- I recently purchased Darwin Ortiz at the Card table book from ebay recently. Setting up Si Stebbins from new deck order was worth the price of the book.

Baobow
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
Yaaaaaaaaay
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
In the time since my last post above I’ve gotten numerous inquiries from Café members who wanted to purchase this.
I’ve had to inform each that I no longer had the items available for sale.

I’ve just gotten some more DVDs in stock. So, if anyone would still like to order the DVD/lecture notes package, send me a PM. The price is still $40 plus shipping. (Let me know if you would like the notes autographed.)

If you want more detail as to the contents, check out the rest of this thread.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Darwin Ortiz - The Ephemeral Lecture Notes 2007 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL