The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » List of Dove & other types of Birds - DVDs & Tapes (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I am posting this due to many inquires for information about Dove & Bird Magic:

The Art of Dove Magic (VHS) - Ian Adair

Doves 101 (DVD) - Andy Amyx

Learn Dove Manipulations (CD-Rom) - Thomas Clark

Behind The Seams (DVD) - Tony Clark
Unmasks I (DVD) - Tony Clark
Unmasks II (DVD) - Tony Clark

The Complete Course in Dove Magic (DVDs) - Greg Frewin

How to Make a Living by Stealing... Doves, of Course (DVD) - General Grant

Dove Tails (DVD) – Amos Levkovitch
Just Do It (DVD) – Amos Levkovitch

I Dove U Truly Vol. 1 (DVD) - Ice McDonald
I Dove U Truly Vol. 2 (DVD) - Ice McDonald

Shimada on Doves (DVD) - Shimada

X-Treme Dove Magic (DVD) - Dan Sperry

Secrets of Bird Magic Vol. 1 (DVD) - Dave Womach
Secrets of Bird Magic Vol. 2 (DVD) - Dave Womach

PARAKEET
VOL# 5, & 6 - TRAINING AND TRICKS (DVD) - Dave Womach

PARROT
VOL# 1, 2,3,4, & 7 -TAMING TRAINING AND TRICKS (DVD) - Dave Womach

I am sure there are a few others, but not available anymore.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi James,

There is another I can add to the list:

The Art of Dove Stealin' - Victor & Diamond (VHS)
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
New DVD to add to list.

Devious Dove Techniques Volume 1 Technical Tosses (DVD) - Dan Sperry
magic mike
View Profile
New user
Michael M.
88 Posts

Profile of magic mike
Hi James,

Peter White has a very in depth two volume video that has been out for about 8 years. It is not professionally produced, but it has a wealth of information in great detail about DOVE MAGIC concerning body steals. However, it was quite expensive, over $200 if I remember correctly.
Peter is the guy that sell silks as well videos on SILK MAGIC, among other items. I don't remember the name of his company off hand.

I hope this info. is of help to you.

Regards,

Mike
Channing Pollack is my idea of the perfect magician. For those of you that have not seen him perform, I recommend trying to get hold of a video of an old movie called "European Nights" made about 1959.
I was able to buy this video from Stevens Magic
DoveDaddy
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of DoveDaddy
MattMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Erie, CO
190 Posts

Profile of MattMagician
There's also a little bit of stuff in Tarbell 3.
Matt Simonsen
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the list James! I am building up a decent DVD library on Dove Magic. I have also heard of an old video called "Technicolor Doves". I cannot remember who made it, and I am not sure of it's content, although judging from the title I would guess it has a lot to do with coloring doves. Any information about this video? Is it still around?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I never heard of the video, Regan. I could not even find it by searching for it online. If you do want to color your doves, Thomas Clark can give you information.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Regan, I've never heard of the video, however there is a section in the book "Dove Classics" by Kirk Kirkham titled "technicolor doves". The book is still available and has many other effects as well.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
HI Regan - There is a video called Technicolor Doves, yes! (actually called Doves in Technicolor) *smile* It is an old VHS video tape, and the best way to get it is through Haywire (Steven) who is a member here on the Café. The Video is by Jimmy Ray, which is one of Steven's mentors and friends. He could probably get you a copy of it, as Jimmy Ray from my understanding is blind now, but Steven can most likely get you a copy if you were interested. Hope that helps.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There is a set of lecture notes available by Dave Scribner. It is called "Love Your Doves."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the information about "Doves In Technicolor". I have built up a pretty decent video library since that inquiry. I have Greg Frewin's, Tony Clarks, Andy Amyx's, Shimada's, and Ian Adairs videos. I actually have more information than I am able to absorb! However, the Jimmy Ray video would be nice to have too!

After many years of thinking about it, several books, lots of videos, and tons advice and help from you great dove workers here at The Magic Café, I finally feel ready to get some doves!

Regan
Mister Mystery
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
New to the list:

David Womach

Invisible Parakeet Harness DVD

Parakeet Magic DVD 1 & 2
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
A video I haven't seen mentioned here is "A step further into dove magic by Richard Griffin" I bought mine over 10 years ago from Davenports magic in England.
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
I haven't seen anyone mention Greg Frewin's DVD's, he's a champ!
amazing eric
View Profile
New user
Amazing Eric
43 Posts

Profile of amazing eric
I like the Marian Chavez book on Doves called "Encyclopedia of Dove Magic". It covers some of the basic dove handling and care of the doves
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2010-04-09 17:14, Silvio wrote:
I haven't seen anyone mention Greg Frewin's DVD's, he's a champ!

I did....but I'll mantion it again: I love Greg's Frewin's Complete Course In Dove Magic!

I know this is a thread about DVDs & tapes on Dove Magic, but since Eric mentioned the Chavez Encyclopedia of Dove Magic, I thought I should mention a book that helped me a lot. It actaully has nothing to do with dove magic per say, but it covers everything about keeping doves. (i.e. care, feeding, housing, breeding, etc, etc.) It is called, "Doves (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual)". It has been as helpful for me than any other source, and it was instrumental in my decision to get doves for my magic act.

That book, the Chavez book, and Dave Scribner's "Love Your Doves" lecture notes were a huge help to me. Of course they were only was only a small part of my overall learning process on doves and dove magic, because so many here at the Magic Café helped me too. I owe a huge debt to so many here, and without their help, along with the books and videos I have mentioned, I would still be "doveless".

Thanks to everyone!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Thanks Regan, I finally got around to getting this. Wanted to watch it first before I thanked you!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
New DVD set:

Dimmare's The Dove Whisperer 2-DVD Set

http://magicvalleymagic.com
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
Ok guys can anyone please tell me the "MAIN" DVDs that are EXTREMLEY ESSENTIAL for dove magic and dove works ? I mean which DVDs are the most important that I can start with ?! I really need help on that, thank you very much Smile !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » List of Dove & other types of Birds - DVDs & Tapes (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL