The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's the Best Live Bunny Production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Rabbit from the hat, hands down.
It's such a classic.
I put together an entire show that revolves around that theme and builds to the real production.
Daniel Faith
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Has anyone used Eric Sharpe's Rabbit From Hat? I've heard good things about it, but I've also heard that you need a very small rabbit. Where can you get one of these?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I've read Eric Sharp material and watched his videos. A small Dwarf Rabbit fully grown will work with a bunny bag. A good sense of misdirection makes the difference
Dennis Michael
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I've been using Eric's rabbit from hat since 1992.
You can use a small or 3 lb rabbit, just get a large top hat.
The audiance never see the load until the rabbit is released.
Richard "TrickyRicky"
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I do not use a hat productions because I do not like bagging bunnies. However, if I was to use one it would be Alan Shaxons version which to my mind is the most direct.. you show the hat , you show the table has nothing hidden under it ..then bang there is the bunny in the hat.. it is much cleaner and direct than Erics version in my opinion .. PS you could produce any large load!
Phillip
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Where can I find out about these hat productions? Are videos available?

Regan
Mister Mystery
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Quote:
On 2003-03-03 20:38, Harry Murphy wrote:
Hey Rich,

Don’t forget they are burrowing animals and are used to being in tight, dark places.

This is true but they are used to being in COOL tight dark spaces by nature. When a rabbit burrows underground they are in a much cooler environment than in a tight dark bag even at room temp.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
A very good point!

My bunny box sits in a cooler bag so its nice a cool during summer. I have a themometer as well and I don't do any shows that are not in 100% shade (e.g. not under trees)
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Quote:
On 2003-02-25 18:35, kenscott wrote:
Abbott's Magic Company

http://www.abbottmagic.com

Elusive Bunny Box

Best,
Ken

I also use the Elusive Bunny box, but I am going to have to build a new larger one because my bunny has gotten bigger! I like to follow it up with a rabbit wringer.

I think the elusive bunny box is great because it is extremely visual. The doors are open and specs can see inside the box the whole time. It looks like the rabbit really comes out of the balloon!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Mark Tripp
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Mark Tripp
Well, being old, I will tell you about the best one ever.

It was made by Burling Hull. I have spoken to people about making this up again, but no one seems to be interested.

It is, a drawer box. However, the Hull box was made to look like a portable file box. The Rabbit had plenty of room. There was an ink blotter in the bottom to absorb any messes. Air holes in the back that were impossible to see due to the design.

The key to this was you told the people that you tend to forget what tricks to do, so your wife (mom), told you to write them down. So you put them in order and put them in the box, look....

...at this you open the box and all the cards fall to the floor! The box being empty is obvious without calling attention to same.

Now, using clip art or whatever, you have pictures of various tricks on the cards. Some, you are not going to do. My idea, and I did this, was to make up some REALLY silly things, like the kids have me tied to a burning stake and are dancing around it. Of course you have pictures of the things you will do as well (cut and restored rope, what ever). This can become a commercial moment in spots for other things you do (Oh, well the room is too small to saw the lady in half, I do that for School Shows, or whatever.

The finale comes when you pick up the picture of the rabbit and the hat. Problem, you forgot your hat!!! This of course begs what can we produce the rabbit from? After some silly ideas, you use the file case (drawer box)!

Read it again folks, cause it was a HUGE hit all the years I did it, and if no one is going to make them up, then YOU make one for you and have something special.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I use Ken Scott's 3d TV I love it looks good and the kids and adults love it
Kyle
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
I am currently using a rabbit pan, and am patiently waiting for Chance Wolf to finish the design of his new Bunny Blammo. It looks incredible. Any news on when this will be released?

http://www.wolfmagic.com/MS_Bunny_Blammo.htm

Jason
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I use Abbott's Illusive Bunny Box I am with Ken on this I have found it to be the best. Especially for the kid shows.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
I use Wolf's Funhouse. I have a white Mini Rex and it is a lot of fun. Isaac is the name of the rabbit and he is just awesome. No problems with the prop.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I used to use a Morrissey duck pan to produce a 2 1/2# rabbit. It worked well. I had a 1/2" hole drilled in the top of the knob on the lid, for ventilation, when the rabbit was in there for a minute.

The rabbit sat in the load pan, with a small battery-powered fan blowing on him, until it was time for the routine, near the end of the show. He was trained not to jump down, from the shelf of the suitcase table.

When it was time to perform the routine, I put the lid on the load pan and put the visible pan on top of the suitcase table.

I just acquired a new rabbit, so I'll be using one in my show, soon. Has anyone had problems with rabbits relieving themselves before they appear and how did you handle it? I'm thinking of having a grate over a pan, in the load chamber of a box, so the rabbit won't come out wet. I also want to have a battery fan keeping the rabbit cool, inside of my large prop case. I guess I'll have to have a vented cover over the box, so that audience volunteers won't see the rabbit, prematurely.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I have the bunny box where a drawing "comes to life." It is a lot lighter than flash appearance box, but load space is bigger.

I did have Skip Daniel's rabbit out of hat, but I think it is not as good as advertised though the idea is clever as far as loading the rabbit. I also thought there were some angle problems to keep it safe.

I actually use a small drawer box to "FORCE" a rabbit on the child.
Just have 7 slips of folded papers with other magical items on them, have them remove 6, read them out loud then do the move to show one left.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I use my Rabbit Wringer as a "Rabbit Reconstitutor." I found the original effect disturbing to some small children unless I reproduced the rabbit, so as a closer, I pull a long-necked Clippo rabbit from a hat, (the Clippo, as from a Genii about 20 years ago, but can't pin it down closer) do byplay, trim the neck, then offer to reconstitute the rabbit.

Working alone in a small show, I can even leave the room to get the "Reconstitutor" loading the rabbit at the last possible minute. The Clippo goes in the front; the rabbit comes out the top. End of show.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 23:42, TOTALLY MAGIC wrote:
I use Ken Scott's 3d TV I love it looks good and the kids and adults love it
Kyle

Yes I too love it.
I have funny routine with special music (songs kids from TV).

Dudu
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
I have wanted to get some type of rabbit production for some time now, and I think I've finally decided (after reading this thread) to get the Elusive Bunny Box. I want something large enough that my bunny is comfortable (it says it will accommodate a 5-6 lb. bunny and mine is only 2.9 lbs.) and that won't frighten her by requiring a balloon.

She is a very loving bunny, but lately she has been extremely territorial, and somewhat “nippy” because of it! So the poor thing has an appointment to go in and get spayed. I daresay she won't like me very much for a while so I will wait until she deems I'm her friend again before adding insult to injury by putting her in a production box!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's the Best Live Bunny Production? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL