The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Not Only Trade Show Information! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AntonZ
View Profile
New user
Canton, GA
52 Posts

Profile of AntonZ
Quote:
On 2007-12-02 16:15, Jerskin wrote:
Hi Anton. May I ask what the average day rate is for a major trade show? Not for someone like you but an average magician working a booth. Thanks!

Jerskin,

There are so many different answers to your question. A lot depends on who the performer is and what their talents are. Are they there to grind away and bring people to the exhibit? Are they going to deliver a variety of communications for the client? What size exhibition? How many days? And on and on.

I know guys who work for $500-$750 a day, others who can easily request and receive $2,500 to $5,000 a day and deserve every penny and more.

My first paycheck for a trade show was $1000 in 1976.

My average paycheck for my last 125 trade shows was $30,000 to $45,000 per Trade Show. Now I did not ask for that sum only for delivery. I charged for writing the script, creating the graphics/slides, fee for my wife (assistant) fee for rehearsing and set-up and for Giveaways and for delivery. I did not allow my ego to enter into the equation. I just figured out how much I wanted to earn with a client and came up with a contract that allowed me to receive what I wanted. The key was to always deliver on what I promised. And always with added value! of course all travel and production expenses were in addition to all fees.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks!!!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Not Only Trade Show Information! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL