The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They should definately kill the Teddy Bear teacher. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
It's the only rational thing to do. Maybe the same guys that are whipping that Saudi woman for getting raped, can take some time to shoot over to Sudan and kill the teddy bear teacher.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yes....just imagine if they were not so peaceful and tolerant.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Good thing they don't know what I call my toilet.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Did anybody think to just CHANGE THE FRIGGIN' NAME???

It's a TEDDY BEAR! It can legally have a new name every 8 seconds.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
LOL!
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Yeah, I gotta go with Vandy on this one.

Imagine the nerve of that woman calling a cuddly, reassuring, beloved and endearing toy "Mohammed." What was she thinking? Unless that thing was the new Hamas Hadji-Bear with simulated C4 and realistic remote detonation option, she was simply over the line.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
She didn't even name it, the kids did! I bet those lil' suckers got into trouble when they got back to the hut.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
No Santa, they all got extra food for finally doing in that foreign teacher.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
"So, they named the teddybear "THE PROPHET MOHAMMED" and were all set up to worship it?"

I don't think that was anything close to the case and nobody involved had any intent to disrespect Islam.

The rest of the show happening over there IMHO distasteful so I will turn the channel. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I'm sure it will do a lot to assist them in their recruitment of foreign teachers.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Chop er ands owf...
But why?
Cuz shes an infidel...
But how do you know this?
Cuz she looks like one... STONE HER!!!!
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I heard they named the bear Mohammed not for the profit (oops I meant PROPHET...don't want you to think I was talking about OIL)but after a boy in class named Mohammed.So I think they should go kill the kids parents while they are at it.

Don
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Sheesh hasn't anyone in Sudan heard of an angry letter to the PTA?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Just remember, their way of doing things is no better or worse than ours, and we can't egocentrically presume that we have a better culture. A friendly reminder from the Global Center for Cultural Relativism.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Let me get this straight.... if something happens in another country we need to be sensative to their culture because it is a different country. If people come to this country, the U.S., we are to be sensative to their culture because they are from a different country.... Just exactly when and where does one from another culture have to be sensative to OUR culture?

For those wondering ethnocentric is the popular term used in cultural anthropology where as one believes that their culture is superior to other cultures. This is acceptable belief for everyone in the world with the exception of Americans where ones belief that their culture is superior in any way is viewed as racism, typically by libs. Both the definition for ethnocentric and racist are the same in some dictionaries.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Lol, don't blow a gasket Santa.

Me, I'm impressed the Sudanese govt found a middle ground and was able to contain the situation. The militants in Sudan were calling for her to be whipped and / or executed, and the Sudanese govt managed to get her punished with several days in jail ... and with some credit for time already served. Hey, that's a thousand times better than what she faced a few days ago.

If they'd released her outright, I think we all know there would have been riots and very probably loss of life (including the teacher's, more likely than not). As it is, the Sudanese govt managed to keep a lid on the protests / violence, and now it looks like she will be released from jail and sent back to Britain within days if not hours.

The whole thing is stupid, but give them credit for containing the situation with no loss of life or physical punishment of the teacher.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I just think it's funny that deportation is part of her sentence. Getting thrown out of Sudan is a punishment? Don't throw me in the briar patch!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They should definately kill the Teddy Bear teacher. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL