The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo 3 Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey911
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Joey911
I have seen the Jumbo 3 Card Monte, and was wondering if it is the Skinner type, or the sucker find the middle card type?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1789 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Skinner monte can be done with Jumbo Cards. I think Ken Brooke used to sell them and lately at least Greg Wilson has used one in his shows. And of course there are tons of other versions. Good ones that come to mind are Harry Andersons and Juan Tamariz ones at least.

J-M
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Do you have a link to the one you saw? It may be easier to answer your question if you do.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
You may be thinking of Ken Brooke's Chase the Ace.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The most common one I see for regular jumbo cards has the flap. But it plays well.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
RE:
"was wondering if it is the Skinner type"

As Larry said, it might have been "Chase The Ace" which was about long before Mike Skinner's handling of an old idea, so the mis pipped card idea should hardly be classified or referenced as "Skinner" type. Deland sold the first type of three card trick like that. Ken de Courcy added much later the idea of the contrasting color pip, and a jumbo version like that was supplied by Supreme Magic.So both Supreme Magic and Ken Brooke sold jumbo versions of this 'type'.

Latest version (non jumbo) is one using two aces of one color and one of contrasting color put out by Daryl, "Ultra Monte" - see Foolerdoolers.com

Paul.
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
I think that it is a great effect.

Zach
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo 3 Card Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL