The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review Request: Any Card... by Alain Nu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
This is the effect that Alain did for the president of The Learning Channel along with a bunch of Discovery Channel honchos. Is it a killer trick? Well, Alain got the T.V. deal...

This manuscript has far more information than the brief Romeo and Juliette description; there is much more background, psychology, variations, tips on how to do a stripped down version using a purchased (new deck order) set up, false shuffles, false cuts, and also the triple whammy: being able to ask for any card, any number, and whether to count from the top or bottom of the deck!

There is minimal interaction with the performer and the deck: all the questions are asked and answered before the deck is even in play. At the end, the spectators can examine (or keep) the deck.

The effect involves a lot of performer-controlled subtleties that at the end add up to a practically un-deconstructable "garden path".

This effect has been a signature piece of Alain's for some time, and you get all of his work on it.

Is is easy? No. Is it a "self worker"? No. You have to put work into it, but it will be worth it.

Trust me, if you really learn this effect you will have something that literally bowls people over.

Douglas M.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Any Card…: by Alain Nu

Any Card… Things you need to know
Techniques: Things you will learn – subtleties, sleights, etc…
Variations of the ACAAN plot
Bonus Effect: Any Card Thru Table

In the beginning part of the book you will learn Alain’s handling and approach to ACAAN. This is loaded with Alain’s subtleties, sleights, thinking, clear pictures and drawings, good written descriptions, patter, history, etc... And is broken down into chapters starting with what you will need to know first before you continue, which will take some commitment. Continue with the other chapters for the rest of the information you'll need to put this together for one great routine. After reading this I feel that I got such a good education on the ACAAN plot and am very happy with what I’ve learned here.

The variations include:
Any Name, Any Number – Giving out your business card this way to someone you just met is different for sure and in this routine the spectator does the handling leaving her with the only business card with her name on the back. Any Card @ The Cut – A spectator calls out a number from one to fifty-two and you attempt to cut to that number by feel alone. You swiftly cut the cards and hand the packet immediately to the spectator who called out the number. You hand the rest of the deck to the spectator who had named their personal favorite “lucky card” earlier. The results of the top half being counted, however, proves your estimate incorrect, as it turns out one card less then the number called for. Attention is drawn to the other half of the deck as you ask the spectator to turn over the 32nd card. It is the exact card she had mentioned earlier. I like this idea of the magician seemingly being in trouble then succeeding after all. Dirty Dozen Deal – Involves two volunteers and the finding of a selected card by dealing until told to stop, yep, it’s the selected card. The magician and a volunteer do this the first time then the two volunteers do this the second time. Zen Archery – Find someone who wants to be an Archer for this one, make sure they have a driver’s license and also make sure you have a deck of cards handy. Double Deal – Get three spectators to help you with this routine. From these three spectators you get a named card, a named number, and whether they would deal from the top or bottom of the deck. Get the spectator to deal the way they mentioned to the random number and they find the thought-of card. Bonus Effect: Any Card Thru Table – I feel this will play very well for a group of people.

Overall I really liked everything in this book, Any Card… I did learn a great deal about the ACAAN plot, which is such a good effect. Everything is understandable with very good descriptions, good ideas, tips, techniques, presentations and the added variations are all really good. Definitely recommended to anyone interested in the ACAAN plot.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Now I'm getting a little frustrated. Hearing all the great things about this; It's now the 20th, four days post order, and no communication of any kind. Dunno if Alain's on the road, just not responding or in a straitjacket trying to escape ;-) I can't wait to get it already - good reading over the Holidays.

Guess I'll drop an e-mail today (yeah, 4 days is quick to expect it to show up, but at least some kind of acknowledgement) And of course, because I'm writing this at 7am local time that I will follow up today, you just KNOW it's magically going to show up in my mail box today ;-)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Alain was very quick on the e-mail response and said it was sent out; now it's up to Uncle Sam I guess. Can't recall the last time I anticipated the arrival of a book like this!

Guess the spell of when you write the e-mail it shows up that day is broken tho...
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Ah, satisfaction - delivery today - 5 days from order. Not bad.

I know what I'm devouring this weekend....
Dave

Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Profile of Alysson Nishiyama
Quote:
On 2007-12-21 15:22, daver wrote:
Ah, satisfaction - delivery today - 5 days from order. Not bad.

I know what I'm devouring this weekend....

Don't forget to review this wonderful effect..
Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Profile of Alysson Nishiyama
What is sacrificed in Nu's ACAAN method, the named number, the named card, sleight of hand, having the deck out before the information is named, gimmicks vs. straight deck, memorized deck vs. no memory work or spectator dealing vs. magician dealing??

If that exposures the method don't bother...
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Alysson Nishiyama - it relies on a Stripper Deck and only works with the Six of Hearts (and only then if the number named is 32). You also need an extra pocket sewn into the lining of your jacket, a rubber thumb-tip, and about 12 months of intensive memory training. Hope this helps.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-01-07 07:57, Top Hat wrote:
Alysson Nishiyama - it relies on a Stripper Deck and only works with the Six of Hearts (and only then if the number named is 32). You also need an extra pocket sewn into the lining of your jacket, a rubber thumb-tip, and about 12 months of intensive memory training. Hope this helps.

ROTFL
:)
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
Is it not available anymore? If it is can I get a link for the one above does not work.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
MagicOft

Here you go. Alain Nu's web site.

http://justsaynu.com/nuasher_mindshop.shtml
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Sorry to step on your post Rudy. I think we hit the "enter" key at the same time...

sdmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review Request: Any Card... by Alain Nu (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL